The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, harsh1387 said:

We should take the whole career. Not pick and choose the years. By that Logic we should only compare both of them when Babar has played the same number of matches Kohli has played. When you play longer you get form slumps. Look at Cook, he was claimed as the one to break Sachins Test records but form slump at the end of career made sure he wasn't anywhere near it.

Like Martin Crowe said Kohli is the part of Fab 4. He should only be compared to Root, Smith and Williamson as these guys started there cricket Journeys together so their longevity is comparable.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Babar's batting but he still has many years to prove being better than Kohli.

Also, please don't believe in rankings. Do you seriously believe Dawid Malan is the no.1 T20 player in the world cos rankings says so? ICC rankings are flawed cos they deduct points if players miss series and Kohli misses a lot of T20 internationals.

I will still say, Johnny Bairstow is the best white ball player right now. Even better than Kohli. That guy is playing on a whole different level since few years.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

You missed the part where I said "recent times" in my 1st post. Cheers. 

You missed the part where I said "recent times" in my 1st post. Cheers. 
No, I didn't. Let's agree to disagree [emoji41]

World cup groups got announced yesterday. India is paired with Pakistan, NZ and Afghanistan. Finally we meet Pakistan again in World cup [emoji1]
The other group is much tougher.

I am not even excited to hear about Ind vs Pak anymore. India usually dominates and Pakistan isn't is even comparable now a days. Not following their recent cricket, maybe the got better but I enjoy India against a stronger team like Aus, SA, Eng etc.

That recent series win against Aus with only youngsters in our side still gives me goosebumps!

I am not even excited to hear about Ind vs Pak anymore. India usually dominates and Pakistan isn't is even comparable now a days. Not following their recent cricket, maybe the got better but I enjoy India against a stronger team like Aus, SA, Eng etc.

That recent series win against Aus with only youngsters in our side still gives me goosebumps!
In T20 Pak has a good team. They defeated England yesterday by scoring 232. Can't take them lightly. And India Vs Pak is always special. It's a different kind of satisfaction defeating them. Although since last decade or so I rate Aussies as our favourite rivals.

In T20 Pak has a good team. They defeated England yesterday by scoring 232. Can't take them lightly. And India Vs Pak is always special. It's a different kind of satisfaction defeating them. Although since last decade or so I rate Aussies as our favourite rivals.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

ICC rankings are flawed cos they deduct points if players miss series

I don't think it happens this way. You don't lose points if you don't play. Other players who play cross you in rankings because they gain points.  

edit : you are right on this and I'm wrong. You DO lose points. 

Edited by eddy4823

Keeping this debate aside, kohli needs to regain form quickly, it's been way too long now. 

His T20 place needs to be revisited, we have too many accumulators even in T20, would be tough to win until we really get players who can go boom boom from ball one, eng and wi have brilliant teams. WI just belted Australia 4-1.

Ind and Aus are mediocre teams now when it comes to T20.

Edited by AtheK

19 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Keeping this debate aside, kohli needs to regain form quickly, it's been way too long now. 

His T20 place needs to be revisited, we have too many accumulators even in T20, would be tough to win until we really get players who can go boom boom from ball one, eng and wi have brilliant teams. WI just belted Australia 4-1.

Kohli hasn't scored a century since Nov 2019. He also has this pressure not winning any ICC Trophy yet. Dhoni has been the best in that department. I'd love to see Rohit as captain and Kohli as a player.

For me Windies are favourites to win world cup. Let's be honest. The kind of hitting power they have is unmatched. No target is safe, Simmons and lewis are in great form, can never discard Gayle, Pollard and Russell are best finishers, pooran is in a form slump but that can change, Fabian Allen is turning out to be a beast allrounder. It's a brilliant team which is gelling well together.

We need Hardik to bowl his 4 overs. Then we have a good balance. I am not worried about Kohli, he is a class player and will do well soon. Our problem is winning knockouts, somehow we just reach the semis and then make blunders.

We should just play Mumbai Indians XI for the T20 WC and then we can have a decent chance. Slot in Pant for QDK, Bhuvi and Sakaria for overseas pacers and get Kohli in place of Pollard.

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

D. chahar is looking a bit different than how he looks in the IPL. 

Even in IPL 2021 he looked somewhat different. I wonder what has happened. 

Looks a lot leaner and lost all the baby fat. Doesn't suit him imo with that beard and all, he looks like shami lite. 

Shaw picking up from IPL. Good to see the kid score runs and that too quickly.

Jinxed it, he gets hit and gets out.

Edited by AtheK

Kishan starts his career with a six and continues to play aggressive, I like these new kids, play like no tomorrow. England has achieved wonders with this approach.

Well played ishan kishan, good debut, hopefully he goes on for a big one.

It's his bday also :clapping:

Edited by AtheK

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic