The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

erm.. highlights only show the good parts.

rest assured a tv montage with title anwar's 194 wont show him getting beat btw the 4's and 6's

Holy mother my eyesight is very weak... :O

Avi did you really say HIGHLIGHTS??? :cry: You watched Anwar's knock in highlights and rated him to be better. So let me get this straight. You did not read anything about the previous meetings, pakistan's team composition or India's cricketing prowess at that time in 1997 and you came up with the statement like Anwar's knock was better... :samui:

This guy is a true genius ladies and gentlemen... He rates Anwar's knock based on Highlights that he saw... :devil:

Thats why i said Avishkar, stop embarassing yourself... Seriously... :dance: We had a great laugh at T90 dont become T-91... :O

Edited by SchneideR

Dude, I do know how weak a bowling attack India had and honestly, India played with such an attack for like quite some years but even then there was like only one batsman who managed to scored 190+ against the attack. Oh and recently we have seen attacks of various teams as bad or even worse as the Indian one of that period (Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc) but you don't see many people scoring such high runs against them, do you?

Dude, I do know how weak a bowling attack India had and honestly, India played with such an attack for like quite some years but even then there was like only one batsman who managed to scored 190+ against the attack. Oh and recently we have seen attacks of various teams as bad or even worse as the Indian one of that period (Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc) but you don't see many people scoring such high runs against them, do you?

Again you are talking about knowing that India had a weak bowling attack. How is it possible when you hardly knew your tables of 2 at that time? :doh:

I have seen Anwars knock with my own eyes. I still remember the glimpses of the catch drop and also remember that he was caught out at 194. Articles and news snippets are your only source of knowledge about cricket kiddo... The only source. So please dont say things like I KNOW for f**k sake.

@ Schneider - Well since you brought that up, none of us have seen Sir Donald Bradman in action "live" but still we consider him the greatest of all time just seeing his videos/stats, etc. So what do you mean? Just because we don't see anyone playing "live" and just manage to see their performances in highlights, etc means we cannot actually comment on them? Hell I say that I know Don Bradman is great and i'm dead sure no one is gonna question me on that.

So articles and snippets are the only source of knowledge about Bradman and many other greats for most of the other people as well. I wish you knew what BS comments you are making.

Edited by Avishkar

Sachin>Bradman

Bradman played against the same opposition for nearly 2 decades...Pitches were uncovered back then but if you see the bowlers of that time, hardly any of them were as menacing as a Waqar or Ambrose.

Bradman was the greatest player of his generation, there's no doubt about it...the only reason everybody keeps harping about him is because the most of the media houses are either owned or run by Aussies or the Poms..

Well since you brought that up, none of us have seen Sir Donald Bradman in action "live" but still we consider him the greatest of all time just seeing his videos/stats, etc. So what do you mean? Just because we don't see anyone playing "live" and just manage to see their performances in highlights, etc means we cannot actually comment on them? Hell I say that I know Don Bradman is great and i'm dead sure no one is gonna question me on that.

So articles and snippets are the only source of knowledge about Bradman and many other greats for most of the other people as well. I wish you knew what BS comments you making.

Did i say Bradman is better than Sachin? Nope...

As you said i havent seen the man in action except a 2-3 sec video of him batting. So i wont say how great he was. Seeing is believing.

Yes his average is 99 something but f**k those stats. Like you i dont make my judgement based on statistics... :doh:

I know Sachin is a Legend and i have seen the Little Maestro play. So in my opinion he is better than Bradman. I wont change it just because an irritating freak deemed otherwise. So Kid f**k your BS comments. I repeat you dont know sh*t about Cricket. Beat it.

Uninformed garbage.

Pitches were ridiculously flat when he played, btw. :roflroll:

And not to mention he hadnt yet faced body line bowling... When he did he got out on a duck... :doh: Nowadays the speed and the bounce is crazy.

Again i repeat he may have been a legend. But please. I havent seen him so no comments. I wont quote stats and talk nonsense here. I dont know about Bradman. Period!!!

I was only laughing at that because even the point where he thought he was giving Bradman credit was wrong.

Pretty much disagree with everything the both of you said about the Don. I might not have watched him, but he did things that no other player will ever ever do. Okay, so you only watched Sachin. He might be the best you've watched, but that doesn't make him > Bradman, no matter how many "IMO"s or "for me"s you put in that sentence.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic