The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has zeroed in on UAE as the venue for the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League, IPL chairman Brijesh Patel confirmed to Cricbuzz, on Tuesday (July 21). The board has written to the government seeking permission to hold the tournament in UAE and are awaiting the go-ahead.

Din't they say they will look till September to see how condition is in India, I would prefer they have it in India, maybe 4 teams in two locations and then swap the teams with two different locations, or swap locations. 

The winner should be the one who tops the league rather then the final and all. 

Din't they say they will look till September to see how condition is in India, I would prefer they have it in India, maybe 4 teams in two locations and then swap the teams with two different locations, or swap locations. 

The winner should be the one who tops the league rather then the final and all. 
They won't risk any player getting covid in India during IPL. Will be real bad publicity for bcci. By conducting in UAE they are playing safe.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

They won't risk any player getting covid in India during IPL. Will be real bad publicity for bcci. By conducting in UAE they are playing safe.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

with that long tournament, and so many people travelling, it will be tough anyway no matter where they play :P

I would prefer india, so atleast some of the low income group members of india can make some money. But ya seems tough at this time.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

with that long tournament, and so many people travelling, it will be tough anyway no matter where they play :P

I would prefer india, so atleast some of the low income group members of india can make some money. But ya seems tough at this time.

Wont happen in India. 
It'll be easier to control in UAE. Keep all the players / officials in sort of a bubble.

58 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Ireland just chased down 328.

What a clinical chase.

Watched the full match as I am one of the biggest fans of Irish cricket. Balbirnie and Stirling had a great partnership. Am looking forward to all the new young batsmen (Tector, Campher, Lorcan) except for Delany. Delany somehow feels like he came straight out of the lagaan team. 

Australia's limited-overs tour of England - comprising three T20Is and three ODIs - will take place in September, the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) confirmed. This tour was initially slated to take place in July, but that wasn't possible due to the spread of coronavirus all over the world. With England successfully hosting West Indies and now Pakistan, the two boards have come to the consensus on having the tour in September.

The T20Is will kick-off the tour, on September 4, September 6 and September 8 in Southampton before moving south to Manchester for the three ODIs, on September 11, September 13 and September 16. As per the UK government's guidelines, Australia are one of the countries from where you can travel to UK and not have any quarantine period on arrival.

Australia Squad:

Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Riley Meredith, Josh Philippe, Daniel Sams,Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc,Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic