The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm excited to see what Mike Hesson does.
We need consistency. 
Dont change team n coach every year. Its pointless

We have 3 great youngsters.(Sundar, Devdutt & Saini).
 Play all of em, even if we dont win. Stick with Hesson for couple of seasons. Build a core team..

12 hours ago, DinJo said:

Looks almost same hope performance is not same as last year 

:rofl: but we did well in last quarter of the tournament maybe as there was no pressure, hopefully they can play in a similar manner. 

12 hours ago, silentassassin said:

I'm excited to see what Mike Hesson does.
We need consistency. 
Dont change team n coach every year. Its pointless

We have 3 great youngsters.(Sundar, Devdutt & Saini).
 Play all of em, even if we dont win. Stick with Hesson for couple of seasons. Build a core team..

The entire team is going for revamp next season in less then 4 months, not sure how many RTM card they will use. I see we retaining ABD, Chahal and saini. AbD retainer will also be probably dependent on how he does this season. 

So we are using this thread itself for IPL.

Chahal with Kohli in the photo. His stakes have risen.

I have high hopes from Delhi this time. Shreyas was a good captain last season and now he has more experience.

My starting line up for them would be-

Roy

Dhawan

Shaw

Shreyas

Stoinis

Alex carey

Pant

Ashwin

Rabada

Ishant

Mishra

Rare team line up where everyone is either playing for national team or have played earlier.

Stoinis can open too as he does in Big bash. Carey can be swapped with hetmyer if needed. Axar can be swapped with mishra. Don't see Rahane getting many games. Only if Shaw fails.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

:rofl: but we did well in last quarter of the tournament maybe as there was no pressure, hopefully they can play in a similar manner. 

The entire team is going for revamp next season in less then 4 months, not sure how many RTM card they will use. I see we retaining ABD, Chahal and saini. AbD retainer will also be probably dependent on how he does this season. 

apparently next season there wont be revamp, as there isn’t enough time. 
Next IPL will happen in April 2021. 

53 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

apparently next season there wont be revamp, as there isn’t enough time. 
Next IPL will happen in April 2021. 

wats that to do with time, the auctions are always in nov-december and season starts in april. Maybe auctions will happen in Jan this time, a revamp will definitely happen. They are f**ckin doing a full length tournmanet with all the problems, i am sure two days of auction is no big concern for BCCI.

Edited by AtheK

17 minutes ago, AtheK said:

wats that to do with time, the auctions are always in nov-december and season starts in april. Maybe auctions will happen in Jan this time, a revamp will definitely happen. They are f**ckin doing a full length tournmanet with all the problems, i am sure two days of auction is no big concern for BCCI.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/bcci-likely-to-shelve-ipls-mega-auction-for-2021-edition/articleshow/77454428.cms#:~:text=MUMBAI%3A BCCI will not host,being postponed indefinitely for now.

Its a 2 day event.
But you need to give teams time to prepare.
Building a team for 3 years in mind is time consuming process. Read the article, it explains it well. 

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/bcci-likely-to-shelve-ipls-mega-auction-for-2021-edition/articleshow/77454428.cms#:~:text=MUMBAI%3A BCCI will not host,being postponed indefinitely for now.

Its a 2 day event.
But you need to give teams time to prepare.
Building a team for 3 years in mind is time consuming process. Read the article, it explains it well. 

Hmm, some valid points, but this sep hosting of IPL will kill a lot of interst in Apr Season, too much overdose, change in teams would spice it a bit.

Also i think BCCI shouild have really cut down the matches to half in Sep edition, there is no home and away right now, just make teams pplay each other once, cut the length of the tournmaent and also risk players less. This would have kept interest in 2021 season and also maybe the auction would have been possible too.

Anyway you take what you get...let's start the 2020 Season, something to look forward to.

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Hmm, some valid points, but this sep hosting of IPL will kill a lot of interst in Apr Season, too much overdose, change in teams would spice it a bit.

Also i think BCCI shouild have really cut down the matches to half in Sep edition, there is no home and away right now, just make teams pplay each other once, cut the length of the tournmaent and also risk players less. This would have kept interest in 2021 season and also maybe the auction would have been possible too.

Anyway you take what you get...let's start the 2020 Season, something to look forward to.

They wont cut it in half.
This ipl will be most watched for sure.
Thee's hardly been any cricket from last 5 months. Plus there's nothing happening now.
Ppl are mostly at home...

Cutting it in half will mean a lot of revenue lost for bcci. They can compromise with anything but not their money. I don't mind IPL again in April. It's fun to watch.

Will there be fantasy league this time?

24 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Cutting it in half will mean a lot of revenue lost for bcci. They can compromise with anything but not their money. I don't mind IPL again in April. It's fun to watch.

Will there be fantasy league this time?

i don't see a reason why not. Maybe time to create a new IPL thread, let's do it after Schedule is out

On 8/27/2020 at 12:13 PM, harsh1387 said:

So we are using this thread itself for IPL.

Chahal with Kohli in the photo. His stakes have risen.

I have high hopes from Delhi this time. Shreyas was a good captain last season and now he has more experience.

My starting line up for them would be-

Roy

Dhawan

Shaw

Shreyas

Stoinis

Alex carey

Pant

Ashwin

Rabada

Ishant

Mishra

Rare team line up where everyone is either playing for national team or have played earlier.

Stoinis can open too as he does in Big bash. Carey can be swapped with hetmyer if needed. Axar can be swapped with mishra. Don't see Rahane getting many games. Only if Shaw fails.

Excellent team. Should reach semis at the very least, if they play upto their potential

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Damn.

They should have just cancelled IPL this year but then again the monies :devil:

It would be a laughing stock if they have to call it off in between, but ya the Monies!!

7 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Still 20 days left so everyone can recover. Still not a positive start.

But as per rule they will now need to quarantie for 14 days, and names are not out and one player is impacted too. What if the impacted player is MSD. Hopefully not many have come in contact.

Funny though that first two test were negative and the third test came positive.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic