The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

We won by chance only in he previous match. The way both the innings went, we should have lost the match. I don't understand how/why should we score at 4-4.5 rpo in the first 20-25 overs. It does nothing but put a cap on the total score we can get.

This. I feel exactly the same.

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

f**kn blind umpire. Don't understand how can these morons get the job. Costed us 4 important runs.

Rahul may have got a 100 but he played a selfish innings.
Pant was majestic with Hardik hitting in the end.

England have started well. Will be a fun chase.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Jokers want to do theatrics these days. Look at how England is playing fearless, nothing selfish, yes they might lose here and there, but they end winning majority.

We need to change our approach next match. Rest Dhawan. Make Pant open with Rohit, play SKY in middle. Maintain a 6 RR for 30 overs and then go beserk. Tell Rahul to stop his tuk tuk game in middle and get on with it.

Our team has only one anchor which will always be Kohli who can change gears when he is set. Rest all need to play aggressive around him.

Kudos to England. Fantastic batting. Bairstow was fantastic but Stokes stroke play was unbelievable.. amazing hitting.

Bowling needs to improve - by a huge lot. Batting was frankly fine. 300+ is a decent score. But there's something seriously wrong with our bowling when we let Eng make 100 in 10 overs last match and 200 in 25 or so overs today. We seriously need new bowlers to complement Prasidh and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. Spinners also need to step up the game big time. Was Kuldeep necessary? Don't we have better spinners - or are they all rested for IPL like Bumrah?

Kuldeep needs to go back to drawing board

He is cooked and done. Won't play for India for long time now.

Chahal may play last match. Although I will play Nattu and make it a 4 pace attack as spin is ineffective against England. IPL will determine our new breed of spinners. Maybe Ashwin can get a recall if he does great in IPL. Or bishnoi or chahar improves.

Hopefully we win the toss and chase as clearly we can't give a target.

Edit- God of cricket is Covid positive..

632745be010608e3d9e56d290554faff.jpg

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Krunal cant bowl 0 overs. He's not good enough to be 5th bowler. 
Chahal / Natarajan for Kuldeep

Sundar for Krunal in the last match 

Why sundar for Krunal, Krunal showed he can hit, Hardik is not bowling, better to play Krunal instead of Hardik, he might still be able to bowl few overs if need be.

23 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Damn. Looks like whole India Legends team might have caught it.

Yep. I think the entire Indian Legends team (Yuvi, Sehwag, Kaif, etc.) will all now get tested.

Also, last Sunday during the Road Safety Series Final Mike Haysman was taking an interview of Tendulkar during the mid-match innings break. He wasn't very far away from Tendulkar and neither had a mask on. He also should get tested.

Edited by Black_Hawk

8 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Yep. I think the entire Indian Legends team (Yuvi, Sehwag, Kaif, etc.) will all now get tested.

Also, last Sunday during the Road Safety Series Final Mike Haysman was taking an interview of Tendulkar during the mid-match innings break. He wasn't very far away from Tendulkar and neither had a mask on. He also should get tested.

Yeah. The entire series looked like it was played in an alternate universe where Covid doesn't exist.

• Haha 1

Hardik's workload is being managed for world cup and test championship. He won't bowl most probably.

In that case shouldn't they play SKY who is a proper aggressive batsman. If Hardik isn't gonna bowl then SKY is a better option.

Our issue is we don't have batsman who can bowl a bit. Earlier Sehwag, Sachin, ganguly used to roll their arms so if a main bowler was getting tonked he could be replaced. Now we have no one.

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

In that case shouldn't they play SKY who is a proper aggressive batsman. If Hardik isn't gonna bowl then SKY is a better option.

Yeah definitely.

The best batsman in our team missed half the Australian tour because he was not fit enough to the captain's standard, same goes for pant. But hardik who is half fit and cannot bowl is given a free run to play in not just the limited overs team but also selected for the test side. Amazing logic

31 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The best batsman in our team missed half the Australian tour because he was not fit enough to the captain's standard, same goes for pant. But hardik who is half fit and cannot bowl is given a free run to play in not just the limited overs team but also selected for the test side. Amazing logic

Hardik is given a pass because he can hit very quickly. Unlike most others, he doesn't take long to settle and in the end overs - he can score very quickly to put up a big total. He's very talented in that regard. He can bowl a bit - but he's not given an opportunity to.

What we need urgently are the wicket taking bowlers. Bowlers like Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Prasidh can keep the RR down and bowl a lot of dot balls (With wickets here and there). But it's useless when the other 2-3 bowlers are going for 10+ runs/over. Kuldeep Yadhav's spin is being read easily - which means he's going to go for a lot of runs. We need spinners who the batsmen can't read, and who can take wickets. Currently, we have no good spinners - and on an Indian track, that's a shame. We also need someone like Bumrah - who can bowl Yorkers at will and more often than not, get batsmen out by Bowled/LBW. We have no one in that category either. In shoort, our bowling is in a sad state of affairs.

Edited by roun90

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic