The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Right said:

Why Shami isn't playing?

did he misbehave with Anushka?

he is sending out messages to girls on twitter and Facebook, one tharki guy he is.

still no justification to keep him out of playing XI. Bhuvi is looking totally out of sorts.

even jaddu has been added to piss off Manjrekar, even he is useless.

Bhuvi had just 1 bad game. 

Shami is awful at death. Even against England he conceded so many runs at the death. Has no variations

The pitches are all slow and shami cant bowl slower ones. Even againsg Bangladesh Bhuvi n Bumrah bowled at death n Shami conceded quite a bit. 

Other than that Bhuvi is much better fielder and batsman. 

6 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Bhuvi had just 1 bad game. 

Shami is awful at death. Even against England he conceded so many runs at the death. Has no variations

The pitches are all slow and shami cant bowl slower ones. Even againsg Bangladesh Bhuvi n Bumrah bowled at death n Shami conceded quite a bit. 

Other than that Bhuvi is much better fielder and batsman. 

Tell me bout chahal, why is he playing, tera favorite ?

Just now, AtheK said:

Tell me bout chahal, why is he playing, tera favorite ?

Other than the 2 mis-fields in the 45th over, Chahal was quite good. He bowled so many dot balls. That led to a ton of pressure. The bad shots of Williamson and Taylor - Chahal had a contribution there as well. And he could step up when Hardik got injured (Other than the 5 run wide in his first ball). He would have certainly better than Shami. Shami gets a lot of wickets - but he goes for a ton of runs. And if he cannot get wickets, especially in the 1st Powerplay, he is a very bad bowler. In the England match, Bumrah was building pressure in one end, and Shami was letting it out in the other.

As far as Kuldeep is concerned, I consider him equal to Chahal. So it's a good policy of Kohli - alternate them in each match (unless wicket is extremely spin friendly), so both of them are always in touch and not rust from not playing for too long. Remember, Bhuvi was rusty when he came back and went for a lot of runs. But today he was just amazing. 

Edited by roun90

He misfielded before too which went for four, he is slow off the blocks. He really needs to work on his fielding.

Edited by AtheK

Just now, AtheK said:

He misfielded before too which went for four, he is slow off the blocks. He really needs to work on his fielding.

Yup, he needs to work on fielding. But his bowling is brilliant though. Other than that wide, he had tons of dots and also took off Williamson, which is not an easy task at all - especially the form Kane Williamson has been throughout this World Cup.

Anyway hopethe play starts soon. Would love to see the 100 overs game today, and not wait till tomorrow.

Edited by roun90

Just now, harsh1387 said:

So, 237 in 46 overs and 148 in 20 overs if it rains a lot. DLS is funny. Nz made 140 in 35 overs and we may need to make 148 in 20 overs emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Doubt it. Tomorrow is reserve day. So I don't think they will take DLS today. If rain goes on for too long, they might just continue from where they left off tomorrow.

And yup, 148 in 20 overs is BS. NZ has absolutely no run-rate, but we would have to go above 6 RR to win. Complete BS.

Edited by roun90

Yup, he needs to work on fielding. But his bowling is brilliant though. Other than that wide, he had tons of dots and also took off Williamson, which is not an easy task at all - especially the form Kane Williamson has been throughout this World Cup.

Anyway hopethe play starts soon. Would love to see the 100 overs game today, and not wait till tomorrow.
He went for 63 runs, Jaddu went for 34, nope not a brilliant bowler. Even against BD he went for 50 and then 88 against England, he just buckles under pressure. Today's bad balling is also because of that. WI 40 in 7 ovs when they were all out for 143.
So, 237 in 46 overs and 148 in 20 overs if it rains a lot. DLS is funny. Nz made 140 in 35 overs and we may need to make 148 in 20 overs [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

DLS is freaking funny.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Doubt it. Tomorrow is reserve day. So I don't think they will take DLS today. If rain goes on for too long, they might just continue from where they left off tomorrow.

And yup, 148 in 20 overs is BS. NZ has absolutely no run-rate, but we would have to go above 6 RR to win. Complete BS.
They will first preference is to finish the game today..

Just now, AtheK said:

They will first preference is to finish the game today..

That's complete BS. So NZ gets away with playing a test match throughout - but India have to play a T20. Complete BS. Also, it's not like this pitch is going to be used for anything after today's match, or even that these umpires and players will be busy. Fair competition would be to postpone till tomorrow if too many changes are being made. No need to satisfy old Duckworth and Lewis if there is a reserve day handy. 

Frankly right now I'm hoping that it rains for so long that play is called off today. Too much BS with the DLS, and the match would be far too unfair for India if the play resumes today. Frankly, this is not how a semi-final of the most prestigious tournament of a sport (any sport) should be conducted at all. First preference should always be to fair play and conclusive result. Not some BS method developed just so ICC can be lazy and just say, hey we finished it off.

DL is such a chutiyap method but it has become a kind of blackbox and one simply has to believe it.

The biggest problem I see today is, NZ has played almost all Power Plays completely, India will get curtailed Power Plays and yet need to score more runs, BS!

From Cricbuzz:

15:30 Local Time, 14:30 GMT, 20:00 IST: We could be in for a long long day. Here's what playing conditions rule 13.8.2 state: The ICC Match Referee is able to add a further 1 hour of Additional Extra Time (in addition to the 2 hours of extra time already available), if he/she believes that a result (see clause 16.1.1) can no longer be obtained on that day, even after using the available extra time and reducing the number of overs to be played, and that the application of the Additional Extra Time will increase the likelihood of obtaining a result on that day. For clarity, this additional extra time may also be used to allow for the completion of the Super Over. Basically, it means we could have a 20-over chase by India starting at midnight (Indian time) if the match referee deems the game could be completed today. In such a scenario, India's target would be 148.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic