The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, eddy4823 said:

No. Shorter target will favour us. Rain please staahp !

Shorter target does not favor us at all man. Don't know where you got that. For example, if we have to chase 148 in 20 overs - that's an excellent T20 score. We will start the match at around 7 Runs/over required. Meanwhile, New Zealand has not touched 5 runs/over in today's match. So we will essentially be chasing a target of around 300+, if converted in ODI terms. That too on a pitch favoring bowlers, and a pitch designed for ODIs with long boundaries etc.

Meanwhile, if we had bowled the entire quota, I doubt New Zealand would even have reached 230. 225 if they are lucky. We have 2 overs each of Bumrah and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, who are super-economical in death and would be looking at a run chase at around 4.7 runs/over required.

So really hope today's match is cancelled and we resume play tomorrow with a fresh mind.

Also @Black_Hawk @AtheKjust a question - if today match gets cancelled, we resume tomorrow from where we left off right? Or will the match start fresh again with toss and everything, essentially wasting today's efforts?

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Shorter target does not favor us at all man. Don't know where you got that. For example, if we have to chase 148 in 20 overs - that's an excellent T20 score. We will start the match at around 7 Runs/over required. Meanwhile, New Zealand has not touched 5 runs/over in today's match. So we will essentially be chasing a target of around 300+, if converted in ODI terms. That too on a pitch favoring bowlers, and a pitch designed for ODIs with long boundaries etc.

Meanwhile, if we had bowled the entire quota, I doubt New Zealand would even have reached 230. 225 if they are lucky. We have 2 overs each of Bumrah and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, who are super-economical in death and would be looking at a run chase at around 4.7 runs/over required.

So really hope today's match is cancelled and we resume play tomorrow with a fresh mind.

Also @Black_Hawk @AtheKjust a question - if today match gets cancelled, we resume tomorrow from where we left off right? Or will the match start fresh again with toss and everything, essentially wasting today's efforts?

Starts from 46th over of NZ innings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Shorter target does not favor us at all man. Don't know where you got that. For example, if we have to chase 148 in 20 overs - that's an excellent T20 score.

Bhai saab, is pitch pe 148 in 20 is like scoring 200.

It is damn slow and outfield is wet, Only 6 overs of PowerPlay, we will be f**ked.

Just now, Right said:

Bhai saab, is pitch pe 148 in 20 is like scoring 200.

It is damn slow and outfield is wet, Only 6 overs of PowerPlay, we will be f**ked.

Exactly what I said. I said it was very difficult (equal to 300+ or even around 320 in full ODI terms). Where did I say it was easy?

@AtheK That will be a gamble. What if it rains in between but stops and we are stuck with a shi**y DLS again? And there is a certain amount of fun if you win the World Cup with all teams beaten (If England is the 2nd Finalist)

Edited by roun90

Just now, roun90 said:

Nice. Thanks for clarifying man!!

As Athek Bhai mentioned, the match will restart from the 46th Over.

Rule is: The reserve day will be a continuation not a restart, assuming play commenced on the original match day. If no play was possible on the original planned match day, a full 50-over per team match will commence on the reserve day, weather permitting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Exactly what I said. I said it was very difficult (equal to 300+ or even around 320 in full ODI terms). Where did I say it was easy?

@AtheK That will be a gamble. What if it rains in between but stops and we are stuck with a shi**y DLS again? And there is a certain amount of fun if you win the World Cup with all teams beaten (If England is the 2nd Finalist)

Ya that is true, but nothing is in our hands the only good thing is that our batsmen will be rested with a good night sleep. 

Edited by AtheK

Just now, Black_Hawk said:

Wet outfield?

So most likely 20-22 overs game on the cards.. 2:30 hours away from cutoff time.. lets see how much time groundsmen ask hopefully more than an hour.. 

Just now, TAZ said:

Just now rain has stopped.. Now what..

Oh no. Please come back rain. For at least another hour and half. Let our batsmen get a proper sleep. A good night's rest and a proper innings is what is needed for the game to be called a "Semi-Final of the Cricket World Cup".

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic