The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

also we got lucky and Hardik showed grit to come back and bowl his remaining 6 overs. If we make it to final, we really need to plug that and play Shami instead of Chahal and maybe Kedar instead of DK. Not that i rate him higher then DK, but in case of such a case we should have some one who can bowl some overs.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Shorter target does not favor us at all man. Don't know where you got that.

148 in 20 overs is a great target with 10 wickets in hand. Easier than needing 230 in 46 overs.

12 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I hope its washout for both days. f**k this match. Lets get ready for final.

This is still on. I have no confidence in our top order in overcast conditions vs Boult and company. Lets just hope for a washout.

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

This is still on. I have no confidence in our top order in overcast conditions vs Boult and company. Lets just hope for a washout.

Yes Exactly the reason I didn't want shortened game, Full 50 overs chasing 230 is easier compared to 148 in 20. People are writing NZ off already but its not gonna be a cakewalk, It will take some good batting to chase it down in overcast conditions..

12 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

148 in 20 overs is a great target with 10 wickets in hand. Easier than needing 230 in 46 overs.

It's not a great target at all. 148 in 20 overs (120 balls) has a required rate of around 7.4. If we convert it to full 50 overs (i.e. 7.4 is maintained for full 50 overs) then NZ has scored 370 runs. That's not an achievable target at all. We have essentially gifted them 140 runs. Because if we bowled full quota, game would have ended with 230 or so. And even 237 in 46 overs, it's still 237 off 276 balls (Required rate of around 5/over). As a rule, the more the overs got removed, the harder it was for us.And according to dugout commentary, in this pitch 270 is a score that India will find tough to chase.

148 in 20 overs can be done in T20 matches (This is the score of a slow T20 pitch). But in T20 matches (even in slower ones) because the pitch is designed for batsmen to score. Pitches are positioned in such a way that boundaries are very small, and pitch conditions are very ideal to hit boundaries. I once saw an MI vs RR semi-final in DY Patil Stadium some 10 years ago, and could not believe that the pitch would actually be so small. It looks big on TV, but it isn't. I would assume, this is not the case for ODIs. That they will have bigger boundaries, and the pitch is slow, even for ODI standards.

Not to mention, the Indian team has not practiced for T20 at all currently, and arein ODI mode. The only ones who can play T20 mode would be Hardik Pandya and (maybe) Rohit Sharma. No one else. That too against a team of bowlers like Boult and Ferguson, who can make Indian wickets fall like bowling pins if careless shots are played.

Anyway, point is moot and we have got the best possible outcome - full innings to be played today. The bowlers have (almost) done their job very well and target should be very small. Now our batsmen should finish it.

12 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

India in a Semi-final game in the World Cup tomorrow... thank-you Weather Gods for giving me such a wonderful Birthday gift! :D

A win would be so perfect!

Happy birthday buddy.. 

Rain is expected by 8 pm local time, so we will have full match. Yes it is going to be a tough chase, but if we can't chase a target of 240 odd in 50 overs, we don't deserve to be in finals. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Happy birthday buddy.. 

Rain is expected by 8 pm local time, so we will have full match. Yes it is going to be a tough chase, but if we can't chase a target of 240 odd in 50 overs, we don't deserve to be in finals. 

I hope NZ would not even reach 230. The way Bhuvaneshwar and Bumrah are bowling, that is very possible. Not to mention Taylor will be new to the crease once again and will again require time to settle, unlike Bumrah/Bhuvi who can do wonders with the new ball (or will they still use yesterday's ball, so India can have a completely fresh one?)

And I agree, if India cannot chase 230/240, they don't deserve to be in the finals.

Also @Black_Hawk Happy Birthday!! Hope you have an excellent day and enjoy the match (Hopefully with a win as well)!!

• Like 1

Too much pessimism going around. Before the match started we were confident of even chasing 325+ and now people are doubting us chasing even 230-40. Ridiculous. It's a easy chase. Yes, collapses happen but as we bat deep i dont see us losing this match from any point.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Too much pessimism going around. Before the match started we were confident of even chasing 325+ and now people are doubting us chasing even 230-40. Ridiculous. It's a easy chase. Yes, collapses happen but as we bat deep i dont see us losing this match from any point.

Right on time..

Love the touch of putting details of when we have one the WC, would have been good to have those two stars too. 2099e347bc10a34fca2babb37dd5841c.jpg8d21a4b86ac25ead32067b61fd54eefb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

No rain. Match will start at supposed time.

Ya but it could rain in evening. Better finish it off quick. Play test match for first 6 overs and then hit it. 

Ya but it could rain in evening. Better finish it off quick. Play test match for first 6 overs and then hit it. 
As per cricbuzz rain is expected by 1 pm. By which mandatory 20 overs may be done. So, we need to keep an eye on DLS and play accordingly.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic