The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this was Dhoni's last game, He will announce his retirement maybe today or in coming days.. 

I feel we Indians think we will win the WC easily forgetting that other teams are as good or bit better than us in some departments.. You can't win World Cup every time. Imagine SA-NZ-ENG never won a single WC in 11 World cups. We all are lucky to have witnessed 1 World Cup, 1 Time runner up & 2 times semi-finalist. Team played well maybe today they did take NZ lightly along with the rain helping the new ball swing. Anyways this was probably the best WC in past 2 decades losing only 1 game, Hopefully we will win it next time in 2023 when it will be hosted in INDIA..

• Like 2

Ya we payed well, showed a lot of character to end where we eventually did. Proud of the team except a cpupl of individuals, but a good campaign, hopefully Aus loses tomorrow ?

44 minutes ago, TAZ said:

I think this was Dhoni's last game, He will announce his retirement maybe today or in coming days.. 

I feel we Indians think we will win the WC easily forgetting that other teams are as good or bit better than us in some departments.. You can't win World Cup every time. Imagine SA-NZ-ENG never won a single WC in 11 World cups. We all are lucky to have witnessed 1 World Cup, 1 Time runner up & 2 times semi-finalist. Team played well maybe today they did take NZ lightly along with the rain helping the new ball swing. Anyways this was probably the best WC in past 2 decades losing only 1 game, Hopefully we will win it next time in 2023 when it will be hosted in INDIA..

That is why it is hillarious to see comments like "We will chase this easily", "walk in the park for us" etc so many times. As if baaki team timepass karne aati hai, especially how average our batting actually is, apart from 2 players.

Just now, Sach4life said:

That is why it is hillarious to see comments like "We will chase this easily", "walk in the park for us" etc so many times. As if baaki team timepass karne aati hai, especially how average our batting actually is, apart from 2 players.

@silentassassin is the biggest culprit :chair:

My hopes were raised when Dhoni and Jadeja were playing. Like the optimistic fool I started shouting and jumping in my room when a boundary was hit. In the process I pulled a muscle in my lower back.

Then India lost.

So, in the end I'm left with a heavy heart and a nagging ache. Some Birthday I had. :wallbash:

37 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya we payed well, showed a lot of character to end where we eventually did. Proud of the team except a cpupl of individuals, but a good campaign, hopefully Aus loses tomorrow ?

True, i would love if NZ wins it now. England would work as well. Just not Aus..

42 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Exactly my thoughts.. Best thing is if you go to any post related to our match before 2nd innings on social media everyone had commented those kind of over confident comments & Now they are facing the jokes from Pak/ban fans.. 

In my opinion : India is still the best one day international team.

It’s just that they’re not so good in two day internationals...[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

In my opinion : India is still the best one day international team.

It’s just that they’re not so good in two day internationals...emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

?

1 hour ago, TAZ said:

BTW we lost nothing in last WC and diretcly lost SF

Our middle order has been sh*t for a while now, it's just that the top 3 were carrying it along. Here we just had Rohit and virat. Rahul is rahul, highly inconsistent and cant play the moving bowl, watch his dismissal in the under 19 world Cup final it's exactly similar to how he gets out even nowadays. Shows that he hasn't learned a thing in all these years.

Discard dead weight like Kedar, Dk and dhoni will most likely retire soon. Get shubman gill, shreyas Iyer, mayank, vijay shankar etc and keep playing them consistently. Pant will anyways lose his place after a few innings when the apparent X factor turns out to be a dud factor. And finally pass on the odi captaincy to Rohit Sharma, if Dhoni is going to retire there would be no one to keep Kohli in check during Play. Rohit is a level headed guy unlike Kohli. Watching Kohli today in the dressing room was just embarassing. It was like he was shell-shocked, storming in and out of the balcony when he should have been the one telling the upcoming batters that we still can win it. 

• Like 1

So half the battle won by Aus, I hope eng can bounce back. 

Would love to see eng vs NZ final now, a new winner is good for game. 

Australia's loss to SA could very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise for them. Had they topped the table, I don't think they could've beaten NZ on that pitch and in those conditions.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic