The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Australia's loss to SA could very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise for them. Had they topped the table, I don't think they could've beaten NZ on that pitch and in those conditions.

Depends again who would have batted first. If we had batted first on that pitch, NZ would have been all out in 175

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Depends again who would have batted first. If we had batted first on that pitch, NZ would have been all out in 175

Pitch wasn't that difficult at all. We got out because of our stupidity, not the pitch.

Just now, Sach4life said:

Pitch wasn't that difficult at all. We got out because of our stupidity, not the pitch.

Yea, Only Rohit got out due to pitch, Rest all due to bad shot selection & Excellent fielding...

2 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Yea, Only Rohit got out due to pitch, Rest all due to bad shot selection & Excellent fielding...

Top class players should be able to play on pitches like those. It wasn't swinging that much.

• Like 1

Same thing NZ would have done, it's a SF it's a different kind of pressure. Probably bkem is when your first batsmen gets out like that puts a doubt in everyone mind.

End of career for DK, Jadhav. Pant needs to prove himself, we need to groom a good middle order batsmen. Might be end for dhawan too. Time to groom Shaw with sharma. KL maybe needs to move down at #4 permanently.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Anil kumble playing with broken jaw...
Ya, absolutely. Also both Smith and warner, shown brilliant mental strength to come back after that downtime.

53 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Same thing NZ would have done, it's a SF it's a different kind of pressure. Probably bkem is when your first batsmen gets out like that puts a doubt in everyone mind.

End of career for DK, Jadhav. Pant needs to prove himself, we need to groom a good middle order batsmen. Might be end for dhawan too. Time to groom Shaw with sharma. KL maybe needs to move down at #4 permanently.

NZ has someone like Williamson who doesn't let pressure get to him abd then there is Taylor who actually had the brains to come up the order looking at his experience, unlike Dhoni.

Pant played well in all the 3 matches. He just needs to learn how to be patient, which he would with time.

18 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya, absolutely. Also both Smith and warner, shown brilliant mental strength to come back after that downtime.

Yes. Even look at Pandya & KL :P

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic