The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Kiran More, the former Indian wicketkeeper-batsman, has been named as the interim coach of the USA cricket team. He will take over from the former coach Pubudu Dassanayake after the 49-year-old announced his resignation due to differences with USA Cricket. :bigyellowgrin:

Who the f**k in USA plays cricket ? Who the f**k in USA watches cricket ? :O

On 7/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, Right said:

I think it's time DRS to be given to umpires.

Dharamsena raised his finger and then went straight away for TV replay.

That means he wasn't sure of the decision.

But then realised TV replay for clean catches isn't allowed.

Replug

And I think restriction on number of DRS should be removed too.

when run-out decisions are unlimited why DRS are limited.

1 minute ago, hope said:

Hope he doesnt. Chums like Pandya,Pant,etc arent dependable enough yet. 

Ya, I guess.

No one has shown maturity like Dhoni to play through with unbeaten innings to boost their averages and leading team to defeats.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hope said:

Oh please I hope he is gone tomorrow. Waste, others might not have maturity, but they need to play to get that, dhoni is just on quota seat. 

I hope he doesn't decide to Play till t20 WC and screw us all over again, and FFS remove chimpanzee as captain. 

16 minutes ago, hope said:

Chums like Pant would have been in Indian side more than a year ago if Dhoni would have retired a year ago. You don't get experience because seniors are holding their ground doing nothing. Dhoni has been sh*t in recent times. Wished he changed Ind-NZ to prove me wrong but he didn't. Waited till the 49th over to get aggressive. 

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Oh please I hope he is gone tomorrow. Waste, others might not have maturity, but they need to play to get that, dhoni is just on quota seat. 

I hope he doesn't decide to Play till t20 WC and screw us all over again, and FFS remove chimpanzee as captain. 

I really dread this, he wants to play t2020wc.

Chums like Pant would have been in Indian side more than a year ago if Dhoni would have retired a year ago. You don't get experience because seniors are holding their ground doing nothing. Dhoni has been sh*t in recent times. Wished he changed Ind-NZ to prove me wrong but he didn't. Waited till the 49th over to get aggressive. 
And then couldn't run a double, which he would have easily 2 years back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Haha.

Using 'Chum' for Pant is laughable in first place, who has two SENA 100s that too in tests, something Dhoni couldn't get in his 15 years of international career.

I really dread this, he wants to play t2020wc.

I think that is on his mind...i hope he is dropped from t20 team asap. Chimpanzee can captain Test team, but odi and t20 team captaincy should be given to nohit pronto.

We are all national servants and doing national duty - Dhoni.. When it comes to yourself, forget every thing, and screw up your country wc chance to get yourself glory.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Right said:

Haha.

Using 'Chum' for Pant is laughable in first place, who has two SENA 100s that too in tests, something Dhoni couldn't get in his 15 years of international career.

Exactly. What pant lacks is experience. And he won't get that until Dhoni retires. He kept well in England and Australia because Dhoni ain't available in Tests, Thankfully. 

I am not a Dhoni basher by any means. Dude has achieved everything as a Captain right from the moment he was given Captaincy in 2007. His services will never be forgotten. It's just that now that he is only taking the advantage of his previous achievements. Have a look a McGrath, retired when he was No.1 bowler in ODIs and finished his career with Man of the Series in 2007 WC.

1 minute ago, eddy4823 said:

Exactly. What pant lacks is experience. And he won't get that until Dhoni retires. He kept well in England and Australia because Dhoni ain't available in Tests, Thankfully. 

I am not a Dhoni basher by any means. Dude has achieved everything as a Captain right from the moment he was given Captaincy in 2007. His services will never be forgotten. It's just that now that he is only taking the advantage of his previous achievements. Have a look a McGrath, retired when he was No.1 bowler in ODIs and finished his career with Man of the Series in 2007 WC.

He is doing same mistake what sachin did, sachin should have retired right after WC 2011, and Dhoni should have left a year back. Tarnishing such amazing legacy. 

Maybe he thought of being raised on shoulders too ?

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic