The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What an innings from Mayank :majesty: 
Felt its a better innings than Stoinis. But he ended up playing like bangla batsman. Should have just nudged one for single. There was no need for glory shot. 

Y people rate Chris Jordan as one of better death bowlers ? i dont know. I have always seen him go for lot of runs in the death. 
That was absolutely sh*t bowling in the lat over in stoinis. 

Did not understand the logic of not sending Mayank to bat in super over. I cant beleive he'll be tired. He's a seasoned test player. Batting for 20 overs is not a problem. 

Hope Ashwin is alright and is not a serious injury. Looked in great shape. 

On 9/19/2020 at 11:23 PM, AtheK said:

And easy win, good innings from faf and rayudu, and the blinder from Sam Curran. Decent match. 

Sam Curran is such a value player. He'll benefit greatly playing under Dhoni. 

He'll get you 3 overs for sure. Can bat as a floater. 

Just now, silentassassin said:

What an innings from Mayank :majesty: 
Felt its a better innings than Stoinis. But he ended up playing like bangla batsman. Should have just nudged one for single. There was no need for glory shot. 

Y people rate Chris Jordan as one of better death bowlers ? i dont know. I have always seen him go for lot of runs in the death. 
That was absolutely sh*t bowling in the lat over in stoinis. 

Did not understand the logic of not sending Mayank to bat in super over. I cant beleive he'll be tired. He's a seasoned test player. Batting for 20 overs is not a problem. 

Hope Ashwin is alright and is not a serious injury. Looked in great shape. 

Sam Curran is such a value player. He'll benefit greatly playing under Dhoni. 

He'll get you 3 overs for sure. Can bat as a floater. 

Also they played pooran ahead of Gayle, I will any day have Gayle atleast initial few matches, and if he is not in form drop him. 

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

Also they played pooran ahead of Gayle, I will any day have Gayle atleast initial few matches, and if he is not in form drop him. 

This i actually though was a good decision.
Batting Gayle means moving Mayank to no 3 and not letting him open. 
Gayle will be a burden while fielding and Gayle hasn't played an cricket from long time. Not sure how fit he is. 
At the same time, Pooran is a awesome batsman. He's destructive. Seems out of form though.

But Gayle on his day will win you matches single handedly. Its a tough decision for Kumble.

This i actually though was a good decision.
Batting Gayle means moving Mayank to no 3 and not letting him open. 
Gayle will be a burden while fielding and Gayle hasn't played an cricket from long time. Not sure how fit he is. 
At the same time, Pooran is a awesome batsman. He's destructive. Seems out of form though.

But Gayle on his day will win you matches single handedly. Its a tough decision for Kumble.
Ya so start with Gayle initial few matches and then go from there. Let's see how kohli f**ks up team selection today.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya so start with Gayle initial few matches and then go from there. Let's see how kohli f**ks up team selection today.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

We have a good squad. Should play all youngsters and go from there. 
If pitch is like yesterday, will play Steyn, else ill go with Ali.

Finch
Padikal
Virat
AB

Dubey

Ali / Gurkeerat Mann

Morris
Sundar
Umesh/ Steyn
Chahal
Saini

Edited by silentassassin

6 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

We have a good squad. Should play all youngsters and go from there. 
If pitch is like yesterday, will play Steyn, else ill go with Ali.

Finch
Padikal
Virat
AB

Dubey

Ali / Gurkeerat Mann

Morris
Sundar
Umesh/ Steyn
Chahal
Saini

If only kohli agrees, see him screw the line up. 

If only kohli agrees, see him screw the line up. 

I think it'll look similar.
I just hope they wont drop Sundar :lol: 
Plays for India, gets dropped for RCB :P

They might play Shabaz Ahmed as well. He's a left arm spinner and a decent batsman..

As per Iyer Ashwin is keen to play next match if physio gives the nod. So, his injury wasn't as bad as we thought. Mayank was lucky with the drop catches and played a gem until the brainfade at the end. Not playing him in super over was a disastrous decision by Rahul.

Also, pooran was quite good in CPL and Gayle hasn't been in form since long so the decision was right. Still, would be good to see him in few matches. And Pooran's double duck may give him a game next one.

What a great bowler Rabada is.. such good strategic thinking at only 25. Only if Ishant wasn't injured we had a great pace bowling attack.

Anyways, RCB looks stronger on paper. Now only if Kohli won't f**k up the playing eleven. Steyn is a must no matter the pitch.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

so RCB gonna bat first..

Sunrisers Hyderabad: 1 David Warner (capt), 2 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 3 Manish Pandey, 4 Vijay Shankar, 5 Priyam Garg, 6 Abhishek Sharma, 7 Mitchell Marsh, 8 Rashid Khan, 9 Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10 T Natarajan, 11 Sandeep Sharma

Royal Challengers Bangalore: 1 Aaron Finch, 2 Devdutt Padikkal, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 AB de Villiers, 5 Josh Philippe (wk), 6 Shivam Dube, 7 Washington Sundar, 8 Dale Steyn, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Yuzvendra Chahal

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Guess RCB r rating Padikkal highly.

playing Phillipe as keeper to make way for Padikal. 

Phillipe is also an opener. He had a great BBL. 

was just checking has an avg of around 34 and SR of 140, not bad. I would have still liked to see if ABD had kept, he hardly plays any cricket, and for this season he was well rested too, would have given us another option of an extra part time bowler, by playing Morris/Moeen.

was just checking has an avg of around 34 and SR of 140, not bad. I would have still liked to see if ABD had kept, he hardly plays any cricket, and for this season he was well rested too, would have given us another option of an extra part time bowler, by playing Morris/Moeen.

Morris is a full fledged bowler and a part time batsman :P

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic