The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yippie yehh, though can't blame them, even they got a life to live and also they were on leave.

Though BCCI did ask players not to attend euro and Wimbledon. Hope he was away from team and we don't have a spread.c26314e0fa7554627dbf0d34efd37273.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

A second player is also positive and in isolation and will be tested again on 18th. Name of that player hasn't been revealed

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

A second player is also positive and in isolation and will be tested again on 18th. Name of that player hasn't been revealed

Great, let's prep SL tour party to fly to England soon.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Yippie yehh, though can't blame them, even they got a life to live and also they were on leave.

Though BCCI did ask players not to attend euro and Wimbledon. Hope he was away from team and we don't have a spread.c26314e0fa7554627dbf0d34efd37273.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

The least he could've done is to wear a mask. 

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The least he could've done is to wear a mask. 

True, but we really don't know maybe he removed it just for photo. But what is seen is what will be believed, he should have been more careful, specially with what just happened with SL players and Eng players themselves.

5 hours ago, AtheK said:

True, but we really don't know maybe he removed it just for photo. But what is seen is what will be believed, he should have been more careful, specially with what just happened with SL players and Eng players themselves.

Removing mask just for photo is also good enough for infection. Either follow precautions completely or don't follow at all. Now Saha is like:Hay GIF

4 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Removing mask just for photo is also good enough for infection. Either follow precautions completely or don't follow at all. Now Saha is like:Hay GIF

It's ok man, people were getting infected sitting at home, let's cut the boy some slack, youngblood,anyway he has enough time to be fit for first match. The only good thing was he was not with team.

Regarding Saha, I won't be surprised if Rahul plays ahead of him.

Edited by AtheK

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

It's ok man, people were getting infected sitting at home, let's cut the boy some slack, youngblood,anyway he has enough time to be fit for first match. The only good thing was he was not with team.

Regarding Saha, I won't be surprised if Rahul plays ahead of him.

Saha is also among the 3 kept in self isolation. Representing country has its perks and responsibilities too. He has put the whole team at risk. No idea how many will get infected. Also Covid can affect performance. Chelsea football player Havertz had medium symptoms and his form dropped badly after recovering and took him few months to come back to his best. His whole season almost was derailed. Who knows how much it will affect Pant. Hopefully not much as he has taken first dose, but this is definitely delta variant. So fingers crossed he recovers fast.

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Saha is also among the 3 kept in self isolation. Representing country has its perks and responsibilities too. He has put the whole team at risk. No idea how many will get infected. Also Covid can affect performance. Chelsea football player Havertz had medium symptoms and his form dropped badly after recovering and took him few months to come back to his best. His whole season almost was derailed. Who knows how much it will affect Pant. Hopefully not much as he has taken first dose, but this is definitely delta variant. So fingers crossed he recovers fast.

I am sure all of them would have got two vaccines by now. Ya there is danger of spread but then see what happened to England team, this thing some how finds a loop hole and gets to you. More then cricket, i am worried about Olympics, that is going to be crazy.

As per reports out of 2 player one is already negative in Tests. So, it could be Pant. Also, both players are asymptomatic. But ya, highly irresponsible from Pant and whoever else was roaming around England.

Ya. Didn't get any real support. Only Roy was impressive. Malan should never open. Bairstow is the best opener in white ball and his place shouldn't be tinkered with. And Morgan looked like he is holding the bat for first time. He has been below average since long but keeps his place being world cup winning captain.

Morgan is terribly out of form.
I think if he doesn't score in Wt20 or win the Wt20, he'll be dropped.

Malan is opening as Butler is not playing. Hence Bairstow playing at no 3.
Once Butler comes in, he'll automatically open the innnings.

Target was too steep yesterday. Run rate was good, but they dint have enough wickets.
Pakistan held on to all their catches and took some good ones as well. This would have surprised England a great deal :lol: 

Babar Azam said "F__k You" to the people who selected ICC T20 Team of the Year and didn't include Babar Azam in it. He has been a better player than Kohli in recent times.
Thia is pure recency bias.

T20 stats-

Kohli has 3159 runs at 139 strike rate with an average of 52.65

Azam has 2120 runs at 131 strike rate with an average of 48.

Do tell me how Azam is better.

Even in tests Babar has 2169 runs at 43 average.

Kohli has 7547 runs at 52 AVG.

And I won't even get into ODI stats where Kohli is way ahead of even people like Williamson, root, Smith.

No way Babar has a claim or deserves to be in ICC team of the year.

He is the best Pakistani batsman to play in sometime but no way he is World best.

7 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Thia is pure recency bias.

T20 stats-

Kohli has 3159 runs at 139 strike rate with an average of 52.65

Azam has 2120 runs at 131 strike rate with an average of 48.

Do tell me how Azam is better.

Even in tests Babar has 2169 runs at 43 average.

Kohli has 7547 runs at 52 AVG.

And I won't even get into ODI stats where Kohli is way ahead of even people like Williamson, root, Smith.

No way Babar has a claim or deserves to be in ICC team of the year.

He is the best Pakistani batsman to play in sometime but no way he is World best.

V Kohli avg 42 , Babar Azam 58. (2019-21 in Tests)
V Kohli avg 58 , Babar Azam 77. (2019-21 in ODIs).

Loosebuschange avgs 72 in Tests during same period. 

Avg in T20s for Kohli is miles ahead of Babar but runs and matches are same for both.

and If Babar Azam isnt anywhere compared to Kohli, why is he ranked above Kohli in ICC Rankings. https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/icc-rankings/t20-batting

Edited by eddy4823

V Kohli avg 42 , Babar Azam 58. (2019-21 in Tests)
V Kohli avg 58 , Babar Azam 77. (2019-21 in ODIs).

Loosebuschange avgs 72 in Tests during same period. 

Avg in T20s for Kohli is miles ahead of Babar but runs and matches are same for both.

and If Babar Azam isnt anywhere compared to Kohli, why is he ranked above Kohli in ICC Rankings. https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/icc-rankings/t20-batting
We should take the whole career. Not pick and choose the years. By that Logic we should only compare both of them when Babar has played the same number of matches Kohli has played. When you play longer you get form slumps. Look at Cook, he was claimed as the one to break Sachins Test records but form slump at the end of career made sure he wasn't anywhere near it.

Like Martin Crowe said Kohli is the part of Fab 4. He should only be compared to Root, Smith and Williamson as these guys started there cricket Journeys together so their longevity is comparable.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Babar's batting but he still has many years to prove being better than Kohli.

Also, please don't believe in rankings. Do you seriously believe Dawid Malan is the no.1 T20 player in the world cos rankings says so? ICC rankings are flawed cos they deduct points if players miss series and Kohli misses a lot of T20 internationals.

I will still say, Johnny Bairstow is the best white ball player right now. Even better than Kohli. That guy is playing on a whole different level since few years.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic