Jump to content

The Old Cricket Thread


vinitwins
 Share

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Opening Ceremony is on the 7th of April at the Yuva Bharati Krirangan, Salt Lake City - Kolkata:

 

salt_lake_stadium.jpg

 

Performances by Hrithik Roshan and Anushka Sharma planned for the evening.

 

Going to vote for KKR to win the cup as it's my home team but if it isn't KKR then RCB this time!

 

Looking forward to a fun season with good Cricket and lots of discussions with folks here at IVG! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated team list in 3rd post..

Let me know if anything else has to be added..

 

Athek add post to see who everyone is supporting

Poll added

Link to comment
Share on other sites

News about Sunil Narine - Released this morning:

 

 


Narine was banned for his suspect action last September. He has since got his modified action cleared by an International Cricket Council-approved biomechanical assessment centre in Loughborough, UK. In Narine's case, the ICC did not organise the test as he was not called during an international fixture. He was called in the Champions Trophy run by the IPL governing body.

The BCCI has refused to accept the report and has insisted that the off-spinner undergo another test in Chennai, sources told Mirror.

The Shah Rukh Khan-owned KKR is contemplating legal action against the board. People in the know added the high-profile team is even talking of pulling out of the IPL if Narine is not allowed to play in the tournament, which will begin in Kolkata on April 8. As a first step, the KKR officials have written to BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmiya, seeking his intervention.

They said when the bowler has been cleared by an ICC-approved centre, there was no need for a second test.

The KKR management seems to be firm that it will not force its star bowler to undergo another test, particularly in Chennai, as the BCCI wants. It is understood that the KKR officials, who met Dalmiya a few days ago in Kolkata, have told him that their bowler has been 'targeted.'

They told Dalmiya that Narine, one of the most successful bowlers in the IPL last year, was not called for 50 games in the tournament but his action was suddenly found illegal in consecutive games in the Champions League last year.

Dalmiya's office confirmed that the matter has reached the BCCI president's table and sources indicated that adecision is likely in the next 24 hours to 48 hours. Dalmiya told Mirror he would need some time before commenting on the matter.

KKR chief executive officer Venky Mysore refused to confirm or deny that his team is speaking to Dalmiya about legal action.
Edited by Black_Hawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really liked watching Narine play in IPL....Top draw player. Would be a shame if he missed it.

 

 

For what West Indies did in India tour, we should ban all of them for one year from IPL.

 

Dude, it was a bunch of players; not everyone. Narine has been really good towards IPL/CLT20. He even skipped some official games for Windies to play in CLT20 last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really liked watching Narine play in IPL....Top draw player. Would be a shame if he missed it.

 

 

 

Dude, it was a bunch of players; not everyone. Narine has been really good towards IPL/CLT20. He even skipped some official games for Windies to play in CLT20 last year

But the entire team followed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

well....had to happen. Else dressing room gets fractured bigtime. No player would want that. Look @ how Pakistan works :/

Vaise bhi kya ukhad liya :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...