The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Ā 

This is his last chance i guess.Ā 
Should play Sky at no 4.Ā 

Ya better to play Samson instead of him.

Good show by SKY too.

29 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Ā 

Apparently Samson is injured.Ā 
Ā 

Oh then only option is Nitish Rana, but he is also mainly top order player and also Dev won't fit middle order, and I liked the current batting sequence, we might lose some games but that is fine, we should play with same approach.

I would give pandey a continuous run at the middle order on this tour. He can hold one end up if early wickets esp Shikhar falls. And secondly he needs to be given a proper long run, he's been playing for 6-7 years but hardly played 20+ matches. Only thing I don't like about him is that he is a selfish player who plays for himself just like KL Rahul.Ā 

Pandey gets unnecessary flak. He averages 60 in domestic ODI and has been a good performer in Ranji too. He is a proper no.3 but sadly for him we have the world's best no.3 in Kohli and so Manish gets floated around the line up when he gets a chance. In IPL too his role is to stabilise and anchor the innings cos their batting is paper thin. I will take Manish in ODI who is atleast consistent over an inconsistent Samson.

Kishan should be a good back up for Pant now on in all formats. He played good shots rather than slogs. Shaw needs to learn this is ODI where 100's matter and not quick 40's for an opener. If he wants to be next Rohit Sharma he has to play big innings. Against good teams that will be an issue for him. And how did he get player of the match over Dhawan who played a mature 86 captains knock and a debut sublime 59 of Kishan.

I feel for SL. From era of Jayawardena and sangakkara they now have a team which literally sucks at all levels.

Next match I want SKY to bat at 3 just to see if he can play a long innings.

DDP may get a game in last match.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic