The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Virat is player of the tournament last 2 T20 WCs :lol:

Het comes under unnecessary scrutiny lol..

Indeed. My colleague wanted him to give youngster chances :lol:

1 hour ago, She Muasher said:

Virat Kohli is really great and I think that's what makes him deserving of his position as captain. He is really a great player across all formats. He's best in Tests but yes, he's also really great with T20s. He's an amazing athlete and captain.

He hasn't won any icc trophy yet though. That's why people criticise his captaincy.

3 hours ago, She Muasher said:

Virat Kohli is really great and I think that's what makes him deserving of his position as captain. He is really a great player across all formats. He's best in Tests but yes, he's also really great with T20s. He's an amazing athlete and captain.

Greatness =! Captaincy material or automatically being deemed as a good tactician. 

20 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Shubhman gill back in India. Wonder what's going on :ko:

He was ruled out long back, what is surprising?

Avesh Khan and Sundar Ruled out

It has been learnt that Washington has fractured a finger after being hit by a Mohammed Siraj delivery on the second day of the first class warm up game between India and County XI.

"Yes Washy has a fractured finger just like Avesh who had a thumb dislocation. Both are out of Test series and will go home," a senior BCCI official said on conditions of anonymity.

So the injuries have started even before the series start!!

Edited by AtheK

India are handing five debuts: Nitish Rana, Rahul Chahar, Chetan Sakariya, K Gowtham and Sanju Samson.

1 Prithvi Shaw, 2 Shikhar Dhawan (capt), 3 Sanju Samson (wk), 4 Manish Pandey, 5 Suryakumar Yadav, 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Nitish Rana, 8 K Gowtham, 9 Rahul Chahar, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Chetan Sakariya

They could have played Dev and Varun also, would have been 7 debuts.

If they also win, SL should play BD only

Edited by AtheK

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

1 Prithvi Shaw, 2 Shikhar Dhawan (capt), 3 Sanju Samson (wk), 4 Manish Pandey, 5 Suryakumar Yadav, 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Nitish Rana, 8 K Gowtham, 9 Rahul Chahar, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Chetan Sakariya

If they also win, SL should play BD only

Good call.
Let these guys also get an opportunity 

So the injuries have started even before the series start!!
Rumours are Shaw and couple of others might fly to England as backups after odi series end.

SL deserved to win.

I am enjoying The Hundred. It's fun.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

Rumours are Shaw and couple of others might fly to England as backups after odi series end.

SL deserved to win.

I am enjoying The Hundred. It's fun.

What deserve, our third strung team almost humiliated them, they are 7 down and we have dropped 4 catches.

No point sending anyone anywhere for next 6 days, they can fly out after that. First test anyway none of them would play.

What deserve, our third strung team almost humiliated them, they are 7 down and we have dropped 4 catches.

No point sending anyone anywhere for next 6 days, they can fly out after that. First test anyway none of them would play.
I meant with the pathetic batting, bowling and fielding done by our team in this game SL deserved the win. Of course if our main team plays they will be whitewashed.

Something has to be done about our fielding. 
We need more athletic cricketers like Jadeja and Kohli. Look at Shaw, he can barely move in the field, Sakaria is new so can be developed. No matter how good a player you are but if you are bad in field you shouldn't be selected in main team. Simple.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic