Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HundredProofSam

Gears 2, COD lead GI Game of the Year 2008 nominees

Gears 2, COD lead GI Game of the Year 2008 nominees

After hectic back and forth discussions over the past few weeks, the IndianVideoGamer staff has finally arrived at the final list of nominees for the 20 categories in the IndianVideoGamer Game of the Year 2008. And heading the list of nominees are Gears of War 2, sequel to the massively successful Xbox 360 breakthrough hit, and Call of Duty: World at War, Treyarch’s often doubted and even ridiculed return to World War II.

While both Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War racked up five nominations each, following them with four nominations each are indie XBLA hit Braid, Fallout 3, FIFA 09, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and, surprisingly, Pure. The 20 categories, however, don’t include the Overall Game of the Year category, for which we have something special planned. And we should have a few prizes to give away as well.

January!

goty-08-logo.jpg

n**** wha? COD! WTF! since when did COD started becoming GOTY material? something is wrong......i can smell bribing :rolleyes:

MGS4 hands down GOTY 08 beeches :(

IMO COD is more GOTY material than Gears 2....these are just nominees tho

peace

IMO COD is more GOTY material than Gears 2....these are just nominees tho

peace

NONE of the other sites/publications who have put out lists so far have CoD in the top 30, let alone the top 10 :D

I know what the answer for this will be: your site/personal opinion etc etc. Still, just saying :O

NONE of the other sites/publications who have put out lists so far have CoD in the top 30, let alone the top 10 :D

many sites/publications gave GTA4 10/10....so what's your point?

but my question is why cant COD games be a nominee for the GOTY... whats wrong with it ?

they will be, when IW makes them

peace

its not just about who liked it but also about the sales, the hype & the fan following

no it isnt....we didnt take any of that into account....purely the quality of the game

i loved previous GTAs...that doesnt make GTA4 an automatic nominee for GOTY

peace

many sites/publications gave GTA4 10/10....so what's your point?

peace

GTA4 is universally acclaimed (for very easily visible reasons). Thats the point :D

And besides, I tried to prevent an argument with the "your site/personal opinion" section in my last post. So don't bite :O