The "Good" and The "Bad" News Thread :) :(

SchizoidFreud

Good News:
joined as a Clinic Manager for client Capgemini(Mumbai and Pune) amidst the lockdown!!! (though interview rounds were completed prior to lockdown, and joining date was also postponed given the extension of lockdown, so joining was imminent)

Bad News:
could not give a proper farewell towards my ex-employer ('twas just a mail thing!)
Don't worry they are not gonna miss you!

44 minutes ago, dante77 said:
46 minutes ago, Pushy said:
Good News:
joined as a Clinic Manager for client Capgemini(Mumbai and Pune) amidst the lockdown!!! (though interview rounds were completed prior to lockdown, and joining date was also postponed given the extension of lockdown, so joining was imminent)

Bad News:
could not give a proper farewell towards my ex-employer ('twas just a mail thing!)

Don't worry they are not gonna miss you!

u damn str8 mah n**** B) :cheers: there ain't no two ways about it :puspa:

• Like 1

Good News : Got promoted and because of the exchange rate right now I make decent bank....

Bad News : Maybe the only reason I got promoted right now is because the company had to let go of people. Some who were really close and some who actually trained me. Talk about bittersweet. 

Worse news? Work load has increased by at least 30% but at least I still have a job.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just Bad News : Sushant Singh Rajput died today by committing suicide at 34.. One guy who couldnt take it anymore and share to get some relief to not take the extreme step.. Mental health is as if not more important than physical health.. Its really saddened me that people with high values have been pushed in some way or the other to the extremity of their minds..

The news and the police might find different angles and reasons to his death but the actual reason is left with Sushant and him alone..

I really request everyone to have a person whom they can share with or get professional help if needed.. It might be smallest of thing to the world but the only thing which matters to you, dont keep yourself stuck in that loop of what to do or why is this happening.. Please Share!!!

Edited by funnyadit

On 4/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, Walker said:

Good News : Got promoted and because of the exchange rate right now I make decent bank....

Bad News : Maybe the only reason I got promoted right now is because the company had to let go of people. Some who were really close and some who actually trained me. Talk about bittersweet. 

Worse news? Work load has increased by at least 30% but at least I still have a job.

u get paid in $$ ? Which company ?

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Walker said:

Bad news - Washing machine conked off mid wash. All clothes were half washed. This is the fifth time the panel has conked off. 

Good news - got a good deal on a new washing machine which got delivered and installed so all my clothes are washed again.

Horribly stupid news - while installing the new washing machine discovered it was the plug point that was faulty. The old washing machine works :wallbash:

Best news: Now you can wash your neighbour's clothes too at the same time. :P

• Haha 1

In the near future..

Bad News : Car did not start when going to office.. This is sixth time this happened..

Good News : Bought a new car since I got a really good deal on a Volkswagen..

Really Stupid News : Tried to start my car with bike key.. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Bad news - Washing machine conked off mid wash. All clothes were half washed. This is the fifth time the panel has conked off. 

Good news - got a good deal on a new washing machine which got delivered and installed so all my clothes are washed again.

Horribly stupid news - while installing the new washing machine discovered it was the plug point that was faulty. The old washing machine works :wallbash:

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Walker said:

Next time its probably a good time a good idea to create a Washing Machine thread in Techzone before you buy :rofl:

To be fair the point actually works, just one of the WM pins was loose in the point. Opened the point and tightened it. Oh well someone got a free Washing Machine out of my basic troubleshooting fail. :rofl:

No regrets though (kinda), we had been discussing a new machine in a while (been 18 years with this one) since the panel kept getting f**ked since we moved to Goa due to the voltage fluctuations here.

10 minutes ago, Walker said:

To be fair the point actually works, just one of the WM pins was loose in the point. Opened the point and tightened it. Oh well someone got a free Washing Machine out of my basic troubleshooting fail. :rofl:

No regrets though (kinda), we had been discussing a new machine in a while (been 18 years with this one) since the panel kept getting f**ked since we moved to Goa due to the voltage fluctuations here.

Yes give excuses now :P Poor old washing machine had to leave coz you screwed it up :P

3 hours ago, Walker said:

Dude nice trick though. Time to try the same with my TV and upgrade. :P

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...