The "Good" and The "Bad" News Thread :) :(

SchizoidFreud

On 8/11/2020 at 12:54 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Good news: It's a girl ! :wub:

Heartiest congratulations!! Blessings to the little angel.

21 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks folks ! Daughters are indeed the best. Super sweet and super naughty and super loving. :wub:

True. Mine is 17 months old now and I dont need to go to the gym anymore ?

8 hours ago, Pushy said:

congrats m8!

32 minutes ago, Bauji said:

Heartiest congratulations!! Blessings to the little angel.

True. Mine is 17 months old now and I dont need to go to the gym anymore ?

Thanks guys ! 

@Bauji Wait till she's 2+. Mine first daughter is going to be 3 soon. Matching their continuous energy is not easy. Lol. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, roun90 said:

@Bird Bird Bird Congratulations on your new daughter!! Hope you, your daughters, your spouse and all other family members are blessed and have a healthy, prosperous and fun life ahead of you!!

7 hours ago, kunjanp said:

@Bird Bird Bird All the best wishes to you and your family. Especially the little tyke.

7 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

@Bird Bird Bird Congratulations brother. Best wishes to your future ?

Thanks again guys ! 

Sleepless nights are real !! :cry:

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Sleepless nights are real !! :cry:

Our pediatrician has been recommending to sleep train our baby boy since week 1. He will be 11 months old in 2 days and still doesn't sleep anywhere but next to us :fear: 

It is just extremely hard for both me and SO to leave him in the other room late in the night and let him learn how to go to sleep on his own :( 

Edited by Keano

5 hours ago, Keano said:

Our pediatrician has been recommending to sleep train our baby boy since week 1. He will be 11 months old in 2 days and still doesn't sleep anywhere but next to us :fear: 

It is just extremely hard for both me and SO to leave him in the other room late in the night and let him learn how to go to sleep on his own :( 

We have that problem with our kitten ?

6 hours ago, Keano said:

I tried that with our first daughter, and tbh didn't feel it is right to make her sleep away from her parents, specially her mother. Mother and child need to bond very effectively for proper breast feeding, and without a doubt the child feels much more comfortable near her mother than aloof and away in a cot. She has been sleeping with us or her grandparents throughout. 

Nevertheless, right now it has more to do with keeping a 2-3 hour schedule for feeding the new kid. We keep alarms etc, so sleep is somewhere between 3-4 hours a day max. The elder daughter (she's 3) also needs constant attention. So with both, gets tiring real fast. 

I do think a bit of sibling rivalry has already started :P

55 minutes ago, adity said:

My 2 year old cousin doesn't even piss in the toilet. He got potty trained but just doesn't give a f**k. He has even started using it as a weapon. If I piss him off, he pisses on me. 

Oh damn ! Lol. 

The elder one pees and poops in her potty chair, so that's one less headache. 

5 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Congratulations!
Babies are a handful but the minute you see them smiling you forget there are any problems in the world.
God bleas you guys. emoji3.pngemoji2.png

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Thanks ! And absolutely true. ❤️

14 hours ago, Keano said:

Honestly we were told the same but it was weird to think of her alone in another room so we just didn't. At around 2 we started putting her to bed in her own room. It was a gradual process. She kept slipping into our room later and I had to keep waking up and carrying her back. Don't worry about it too much. Now she's nine. If she wakes up, comes to our room and wakes me up and asks to walk her back to her bed. 1 minute and she's asleep again.

They're not going to sleep in your bed forever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

If I tried this, my mom would be damn pissed I woke her up middle of the night :ranting:

it works when you are nine :P

4 hours ago, Walker said:

Honestly we were told the same but it was weird to think of her alone in another room so we just didn't. At around 2 we started putting her to bed in her own room. It was a gradual process. She kept slipping into our room later and I had to keep waking up and carrying her back. Don't worry about it too much. Now she's nine. If she wakes up, comes to our room and wakes me up and asks to walk her back to her bed. 1 minute and she's asleep again.

They're not going to sleep in your bed forever. 

It has been really challenging taking care of him for the both of us as we are far away from our families. And we just came to terms that not all the recommended things the pediatricians tell  can be done by us. I am glad that we got our lil one to align his sleep hours to match ours and it has been such a relief since then :) 

5 hours ago, Cash said:

11 month old in another room? Isn't that too soon?

Most pediatricians recommend starting sleep training around 4 months. 

• 3 weeks later...