The "Good" and The "Bad" News Thread :) :(

SchizoidFreud

On 12/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, KnackChap said:

Good news : A court case in which I was the first informant + prime witness has finally finished with my statement today.

Happened all over the phone, with the judge video calling me on WA. 

Bad news : took almost 7 years for an open and shut case to reach its conclusion with the accused absconding and me signing a statement telling the court that I and the accused have compromised and made up just to end the case. 

Lucky you got out early. We still have a property case ongoing for 70+ years lmao.??

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Lucky you got out early. We still have a property case ongoing for 70+ years lmao.??

Haha yep ongoing property case here as well 20+ years. Way things are going my daughter will post here in 20 years about the same thing :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Walker said:

Good News : Finally got the promotion I worked all year for. And a decent hike in the moolah too is not a bad thing.

++ Company is in a way better state than it was in last year where there were layoffs left right and center. 

Bad news : Nothing for a change. ?

Congrats, mate. 

22 minutes ago, Walker said:

Haha yep ongoing property case here as well 20+ years. Way things are going my daughter will post here in 20 years about the same thing :lol:

Pretty sure PS8 vs Xbox series whatever fight will be going on :lol:

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...
17 minutes ago, North said:

Small piece of good news - nothing out of the extraordinary but I have got an internship!

and it pays, even if its not much! will be making my own money for the first time this summer! :wOOtjumpy:

getting one was a lot of trouble since I don't know too many people or have a network to leverage but I got it through college through regular interview process :) 

Congrats :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This week has been a pretty bad week for me.

My mother left all of us yesterday. Very unexpected and all of a sudden. My family is still in shock and disbelief. I was very close to her so very much broken from inside. But staying strong cause if i fall down my father will break down as well. His responsibility is on me now.

May her wonderful soul RIP.

• Sad 13

2 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

My mother left all of us yesterday. Very unexpected and all of a sudden. My family is still in shock and disbelief. I was very close to her so very much broken from inside. But staying strong cause if i fall down my father will break down as well. His responsibility is on me now.

So sorry to hear this and may your mom RIP. I know nothing I say is gonna reduce your pain but hang in there bud, be strong for your father.

3 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

May she rest in peace.

All the wishes to you bro.

5 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

So sorry for your loss dude .. may God bless her soul

13 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Losing a parent is the worst thing that can happen, and the vacuum can never be filled. 

Stay strong buddy, stay strong. 

May her soul rest in peace. 

15 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Really sorry to hear. My condolences. RIP 

4 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

My condolences to you and your family bro. Take care of yourself and your dad too

4 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Extremely sorry for your loss. I know words offer no solace but my deepest condolences..

On 7/4/2022 at 6:10 PM, Agent 47 said:

Sorry for your loss brother, may her soul Rest In Peace ?.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:10 PM, Agent 47 said:

i can feel u bro, my mom passed away in March, being a lone child, puts sh*t lotsa responsibilities on ones shoulder, specially when the parents have treated the child like a dreamboy! we have to explore stuff on our own selves man! Dad's there to guide and wifey's a good support, otherwise i was really gone to shits when the event occurred. May the departed Souls find peace <3 

• 1 month later...

Lost a very close colleague a month before to cancer. The kind of colleague that actually lifted you up and probably one of the strongest people I have ever known. Always ready to hop in and help out no matter what the time or where she was. There were times when she was responding while she was in a hospital bed. I'd known for at least 2 years and she was pretty open about it, but man she never ever complained. If there was one person who was responsible for my growth it would be her.

I remember when I was just given additional responsibilities (I was feeling a little overwhelmed at the time but I never said it), she messaged me on the side just to say "In case no one has told you yet, you're doing a fantastic job. Just thought you should know!" She didn't need to do that, and it did everything in the world to boost my confidence. She was someone everyone looked up to and yet she was not the boss. She just was one of those people that was just awesome.

The last thing she said was "I'm going in for a check up but I'll be back next week". Never heard from her again. She was gone in a week. Her mother messaged and it broke the team. It broke me. There's not a day that I don't miss her :samui:

• Sad 9

• 11 months later...
23 minutes ago, Walker said:

Life is funny sometimes.

The Bad : I was in hospital for a week down with dengue. During that time, there were points when I spent nearly 18 hours burning up and none of the drugs seemed to be doing anything. I hit rock bottom at one point, quite sure I was going to kick the bucket. I just could not see the damn thing ending. I remember copying down all my passwords to my bank accounts and other stuff for my wife (she was suitably pissed of course), yeah I was that down the dumps.

The Better : Finally got back home, still weak but thankful to be alive. Tried to resume work a day later and was told by my boss to take a few extra days off. Everyone at work was super supportive. I've been working for 20+ years in various companies and I've never been so overwhelmed by the concern and support I received from everyone. This in a job where I've not met a single person at any point face to face. 100% remote. 

The Best : Eventually started back at work after 2 weeks away. Was pulled into a meet with the higher ups. Turns out I'm being promoted to lead the QA team. 

So yeah, from the depths of despair to floating on a cloud. What a ride.

Congrats Bro ! and Stay Strong!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1