The "Good" and The "Bad" News Thread :) :(

SchizoidFreud

So good news, a bit delayed but wanted to wait for the official letter. After a very tumultuous placement season and seeing nothing else than SDE in my future, landed a job which lines up with my interests. 

Plus CAT result was good as well. But will work for a few years and then give MS/MBA a thought. 

Bad news: Lost out on a couple of dream jobs because of the stupidity which plagues Indian placements. But that's life.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

So good news, a bit delayed but wanted to wait for the official letter. After a very tumultuous placement season and seeing nothing else than SDE in my future, landed a job which lines up with my interests. 

Plus CAT result was good as well. But will work for a few years and then give MS/MBA a thought. 

Bad news: Lost out on a couple of dream jobs because of the stupidity which plagues Indian placements. But that's life.

What’s the point? You’ll still get talked-down to and doubted on your academic credentials by a random 19-yr old on Twitter who actually has the time to check university pass-out lists trying to catch your bluff. That kid’s dad has so much money he could buy the entire PS5 allocation to India but on a matter of principle he will wait for official launch :giggle:

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

What’s the point? You’ll still get talked-down to and doubted on your academic credentials by a random 19-yr old on Twitter who actually has the time to check university pass-out lists trying to catch your bluff. That kid’s dad has so much money he could buy the entire PS5 allocation to India but on a matter of principle he will wait for official launch :giggle:

True. I will never be able to hold a candle upto them.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, kunjanp said:

Congrats man!!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 7:35 AM, kunjanp said:

Congrats man! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Good News : Finally got the promotion I worked all year for. And a decent hike in the moolah too is not a bad thing.

How to rob you? Please share directions. Need to be able to afford 5k PS5 games.

6 minutes ago, Walker said:

Good News : Finally got the promotion I worked all year for. And a decent hike in the moolah too is not a bad thing.

++ Company is in a way better state than it was in last year where there were layoffs left right and center. 

Bad news : @quixote_1989 says "How to rob you? Please share directions. Need to be able to afford 5k PS5 games" ?

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

++ Company is in a way better state than it was in last year where there were layoffs left right and center. 

Bad news : Nothing for a change. ?

Congrats, which field are you in?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Walker said:

Congrats buddy ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Congrats bro. Never spare them devs.

Devs are FALD. QA is OLED. 

So I was right QA is ending like OLED with arrival of Devops Automation.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DinJo said:

So I was right QA is ending like OLED with arrival of Devops Automation.

Ghanta fark padta hai. Mai thodi QA mein hoon. 
This is not the time to indulge in FALD oled warfare. Walker ka promotion hua hai. Aaj uska Johnnie Walker ka din hai. :chair:

2 hours ago, Walker said:

Congrats brother. ?

• Like 1