The "Good" and The "Bad" News Thread :) :(

SchizoidFreud

23 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Ive been trying to lose weight for a long long time. This year i started taking it very seriously. 

Long story short, from a combination of diet, fasting, walking and exercise, managed to lose 20kgs. 

signal-2023-07-21-08-47-14-857.jpg

First time in the last 10-15 years i am at a healthy BMI 

:D

holy sh*t. 20kilos dude. I'm struggling to lose 5. Good job!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Walker said:

Life is funny sometimes.

The Bad : I was in hospital for a week down with dengue. During that time, there were points when I spent nearly 18 hours burning up and none of the drugs seemed to be doing anything. I hit rock bottom at one point, quite sure I was going to kick the bucket. I just could not see the damn thing ending. I remember copying down all my passwords to my bank accounts and other stuff for my wife (she was suitably pissed of course), yeah I was that down the dumps.

The Better : Finally got back home, still weak but thankful to be alive. Tried to resume work a day later and was told by my boss to take a few extra days off. Everyone at work was super supportive. I've been working for 20+ years in various companies and I've never been so overwhelmed by the concern and support I received from everyone. This in a job where I've not met a single person at any point face to face. 100% remote. 

The Best : Eventually started back at work after 2 weeks away. Was pulled into a meet with the higher ups. Turns out I'm being promoted to lead the QA team. 

So yeah, from the depths of despair to floating on a cloud. What a ride.

Congratulations bhai :)

21 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Ive been trying to lose weight for a long long time. This year i started taking it very seriously. 

Long story short, from a combination of diet, fasting, walking and exercise, managed to lose 20kgs. 

Now just keep it here. I would not suggest going under 20, if you are not into asthetics and stuff. I went there and its not for me. Came back to 22-24 range. Can stay fit while enjoy eating what i want :)

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 7:54 PM, dylanjosh said:

that is fantastic man, props on the weight loss! 

to being healthy and happy :cheers:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, North said:

Hi everyone. 

I've now graduated, and I am officially an engineer. I am aware this is a massive accomplishment, and a rare feat in this country. 

But in all seriousness, I shall miss college. I did get placed with consulting firm Bain and Company at my campus during my final year - but my joining was deferred until Q1, 2024.

I've been enjoying the past 3 months as sort of a final summer vacation. 

Happy to say I have now secured an alternate role - as a Product Analyst, with Sprinklr!

get to stay at home, but work in Gurgaon where all my friends work so :) (and I get paid a good bit more)

Hoping to buy both parents an apple watch with salary money. 

If anyone has first job advice - I am all ears.

Congrats man!! You landed an amazing job too as your first job. My first salary was 15k a month lol.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Congrats man!! You landed an amazing job too as your first job. My first salary was 15k a month lol.

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

6k a month for me. :mellow:

Congrats North ! :clapping:

6 hours ago, b!T said:

Mine was 18k :P

Congrats @North

Since we are sharing my first real job was 16k out of which I used to get 12.5k in hand. Literal first job was 4k but that was not serious. 

Congrats man @North 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, North said:

Hi everyone. 

I've now graduated, and I am officially an engineer. I am aware this is a massive accomplishment, and a rare feat in this country. 

But in all seriousness, I shall miss college. I did get placed with consulting firm Bain and Company at my campus during my final year - but my joining was deferred until Q1, 2024.

Happy to say I have now secured an alternate role - as a Product Analyst, with Sprinklr!

get to stay at home, but work in Gurgaon where all my friends work so :) (and I get paid a good bit more)

Thats an amazing start dude!! Congrats and all the very best for things to come :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Crashed out of a job opportunity at Coinbase after 5 rounds.

Randomly received rejection email yesterday. Recruiter says that it was just bad luck, in the end it was between me and one other person, tie breaker was experience (3.5 vs 6).

Took away 1.5 months of bandwidth.

15 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Crashed out of a job opportunity at Coinbase after 5 rounds.

Randomly received rejection email yesterday. Recruiter says that it was just bad luck, in the end it was between me and one other person, tie breaker was experience (3.5 vs 6).

Took away 1.5 months of bandwidth.

That sucks specially when you give in a 100% into something but what I have realized in life is that if you keep at it something better is always waiting down the road sometimes it might take a little more time but there always is something better or sometimes things where you had lost hope suddenly out of no where come back. I know it is typical self-motivation book quote but it has always been true. 

On to the next one mate. Cheers!

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

That sucks specially when you give in a 100% into something but what I have realized in life is that if you keep at it something better is always waiting down the road sometimes it might take a little more time but there always is something better or sometimes things where you had lost hope suddenly out of no where come back. I know it is typical self-motivation book quote but it has always been true. 

On to the next one mate. Cheers!

It was a great opportunity in terms of fully remote and money and the team.
Nevertheless, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, North said:

Hi everyone. 

congrats bruh.

1st job advice: stay punctual, complete your task as per schedule (if it's done before, don't tell anyone, keep it to yourself), strictly no overtime (u can say u have parent to look after), and don't take sh*t from anyone, you are an employee not a slave.

don't buy your parent a piece of tech with your first salary, do that later, buy something that they will cherish throughout their life