Hi-Fi Rush

dylanjosh

13 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

I am hearing this game pulls off Psychonauts 2 as in levels just keep getting better.

Hopefully get to play it soon. Am in deep end of another game currently that seems kinda endless.

Yup. I immediately thought of Psychonauts 2 when playing this. Both are old school in style and execution, with absolutely amazing level design and combat. 

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yup. I immediately thought of Psychonauts 2 when playing this. Both are old school in style and execution, with absolutely amazing level design and combat. 

Cool. Must play for me then. 

Need to see how rhythm aspect work, will make it work somehow.

Games take BS amount of time to finish these days. Really wanted to play Monster Hunter Rise and Wo Long day 1 but both seem like will be on backburner. Gamepass is giving that same dreaded feel of backlog now. 

12 hours ago, Alucard said:

Just finished Hi-Fi Rush, what an awesome game it is. Never thought I would love something like this so don't sleep on it folks, it is really very good!

Man, I'm delaying the last boss as I don't want it to finish. :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, I'm delaying the last boss as I don't want it to finish. :lol:

Lol, I've done this. The distant feeling of something you love comes to an end. But you can't miss the last boss fight. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I beat the first “giant robot” boss first try, seemed easy enough 

what are the best combos you guys are using?

Button mashing combos. :fear1:

Edit: Most bosses are easy as long as you get the pattern, dodge and attack to the beat. Fun is in the process. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Listen to the beat & everything becomes easy :). My favorite combos were, XYYYY & XXY XXXX although In the heat of the moment I don't know what I used to do but it was epic. The last few stages are spectacular, musically & visually both.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Completed this last week. Highly recommend this game. The boss fights, banter in between, mission briefing are all excellently done. 

Although the fights in between each boss seems repetitive but can't complain much there when you take overall experience into account. Mimosa and the Finance guy fights were super well done.

The last time I had this much fun when I least expected it is when I played puppeteer.

Do not sit on this game people. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Starting with this just after RE2R.

Gets repetitive complaints are not encouraging for a 10 hrs game. 

Still, it's a rhythm game so will give it benefit of doubt, not everyone is gonna enjoy it equally. 

The combat is repetitive because there are basically 2-3 types of enemies, however boss fights are great.

Also its not a rhythm game per se, its an action hack and slash with rhythm elements

Edited by playstationdude