What You Bought This Week - 2023 Edition

Assassins Creed

On 2/25/2023 at 5:53 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lego Tuk Tuk - been eyeing this for a LOOOOOONG time, and it is surpriisingly still not approved for India

Yeah doesn't make sense . Definitely an amazing looking set though . 

Keychron K2V2 mechanical keyboard, hot swappable, red switches, white back light 

The keyboard is smoking hot ? typing experience is tight

mech keyboard enthusiast out there, please let me know if you have any tips and tricks for a beginner like me

Ww5tKVn.jpg

ArUCZVW.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Keychron K2V2 mechanical keyboard, hot swappable, red switches, white back light 

mech keyboard enthusiast out there, please let me know if you have any tips and tricks for a beginner like me

1. Clean the keyboard and keycaps regularly. 
2. Don't buy switches (full set) before testing them (buy some samples and try them out)
3. Upgrade to PBT keycaps when these become shiny :)

Most importantly, do not forget to experiment. Once you become a real convert, you'll end up owning multiple keyboards :D

On a side note, don't get pushed in to do mods/custom keyboards because of peer/community pressure. You can still be an enthusiast and own only prebuilds. The rabbit hole runs deep - make sure you don't end up regretting anything you do. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Ww5tKVn.jpg

ArUCZVW.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the deep deep rabbit hole. Enjoy it and don't stress too much. Is it a blue switch version ? I have a brown switch version of the same keyboard and it drives my colleagues sitting next to me crazy sometimes but I love the sound of it, I can't even imagine what they would do if it was a blue switch. :devil:  Edit: Just read it is the red switch version. 

19 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

2. Don't buy switches (full set) before testing them (buy some samples and try them out)

Most importantly, do not forget to experiment. Once you become a real convert, you'll end up owning multiple keyboards :D

On a side note, don't get pushed in to do mods/custom keyboards because of peer/community pressure. You can still be an enthusiast and own only prebuilds. The rabbit hole runs deep - make sure you don't end up regretting anything you do. 

:wallbash:

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Thanks a lot man! That ‘buying a few switches to test them out before buying the whole set’ tip is really helpful 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

where can i get a good sample pack of my k2? 

Try genesispc.in, rectangles.store or stackskb.com

you can check for more vendors here: https://reddit.com/r/mkindia/wiki/index?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf