PlayStation India is refusing to refund me a DLC / Add-On for a Game I don’t even own.

PlayStation India is refusing to refund me a DLC / Add-On for a Game I don’t even own. It was an “accidental purchase” while claiming PlayStation Plus freebies, my Credit-Card is linked to my PSN account + I had some PSN Balance which was used. 

As soon as I realised, I wrote to Sony PlayStation (India) via email on May 5th. They requested me to wait a week, now “9 days” later they have replied they cannot refund me, stating -
1. 14 Day Policy.
2. The content is applied to my account.
3. That I should have checked and confirmed before buying.

I mean.. what? I’ve clearly mentioned it’s an “accidental purchase!” 
These things happen! Right? I shouldn’t have to go through such hassle for something small like this, especially from a company like Sony / PlayStation (India).

1. I complained within minutes, besides it’s “STILL currently well within the 14 day policy”. They told me to wait a week and I waited!
2. How can the content be applied / claimed / downloaded, when “I’ve not even had the base game in my account” in the past or present?

As per the PlayStation (India) website, refunds are accepted for Games, Add-Ons, DLC etc for those items which are not downloaded or streamed. I have done neither, not even owning the base game, within the 14 day policy and they’re still denying me a refund? How? Why? 

Sad to see this is how PlayStation (India) customer support handles refunds. Seems like the staff is either just plain lazy or ignorant when it comes to helping a customer out for a simple refund process.

Shame I had to make such a huge deal about this and call them out, when the process could have been smooth and hassle-free.

I have tweeted about this entire thing.

Is there anything else I could do about this? Tweet someone in particular or email a specific person.
Legal / Consumer Forum Complaints? Would this work in my case? I mean, I have all the proof required especially their website clearly mentioning certain steps which I have not crossed, yet they refuse to refund.
The amount is not much, I’m doing this because a big company like Sony / PlayStation shouldn’t overstep on their customers and just because this is India it doesn’t mean they can get away with anything that they feel like. 
I’ve read online, for others (people abroad), theres not much issues with these kind of refunds.

BAjjoDz.jpg2f7rCri.jpg

3 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Might as well buy the game also now.

It’s some rubbish game, I regularly claim all freebie stuff monthly due to PS+, was in a hurry and didn’t read it was a paid item. It happened to be in the “exclusive packs” section which usually consists of free stuff only.

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Online INGRAM complaint asap. 

Will it work in this case? They cannot ban my account, right?
On serious matters, I read for CC chargebacks, they ban accounts. Quite ridiculous!

6 minutes ago, SpyVision said:

Will it work in this case? They cannot ban my account, right?
On serious matters, I read for CC chargebacks, they ban accounts. Quite ridiculous!

INGRAM is not for chargebacks. It's a consumer complaint against a supplier/vendor. 

If the amount isn't high, don't do chargeback. They will most likely ban your account. 

5 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

If you chargeback cc, you can say goodbye to the account.

Even Ingram I'm doubtful as you agreed to their terms before buying. What was their response on Twitter?

14 days refund is available as per TnC. And he does not even own the main game. Just DLC. 

17 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

If you chargeback cc, you can say goodbye to the account.

Even Ingram I'm doubtful as you agreed to their terms before buying. What was their response on Twitter?

They don’t have customer support presence on Twitter. Just their main handle, they don’t reply to anyone. 

Agreeing to their terms, yes. But they are going against their own terms, they aren’t even following it, as I am (still) well within the 14 day refund policy + not used the DLC. I don’t own the base game, haven’t even downloaded it. Forget that, I haven’t even turned on the PS5 in weeks! I was claiming the freebies etc via their iOS app on my iPad! 

34 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

INGRAM is not for chargebacks. It's a consumer complaint against a supplier/vendor. 

If the amount isn't high, don't do chargeback. They will most likely ban your account. 

Amount is around ₹600, it maybe a small amount but that does not mean a big company like Sony / PlayStation can overstep and go against their own terms and conditions. Tomorrow if this happens to you or another person they will again take advantage, as these “accidental purchases” do happen. Besides I feel this is a PSN India issue more than a global issue. I’ve seen requests being granted elsewhere, simple refunds likes this shouldn’t be so troublesome. In the future this could get worse, you never know what these corporations have in mind.

Did you start downloading the DLC/Game that you purchased? 

Even if you download and immediately cancel the download, they won’t refund you. It happened to me as well. 
It’s a waste of time trying to argue with them. 

The US and UK customer support is great and you get to chat with them live and they are very lenient with refunds and they don’t mind even if you downloaded it. 

15 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Did you start downloading the DLC/Game that you purchased? 

Even if you download and immediately cancel the download, they won’t refund you. It happened to me as well. 
It’s a waste of time trying to argue with them. 

The US and UK customer support is great and you get to chat with them live and they are very lenient with refunds and they don’t mind even if you downloaded it. 

Still well within the 14 day refund policy.

Not used the DLC.
I don’t own the base game.

Haven’t downloaded it.
I haven’t even turned on the PS5 in weeks!

I was claiming the PS+ Freebies via their iOS app on my iPad, it was in the exclusive monthly packs section which usually consist of free stuff only.

That email thread responses were absolute bs. The only thing that matter there is a) it's within the 14 days and b) has not been downloaded. 

Stay on their asses, annoying mofos making up bs rules like it should not be applied to the account. That process is automatic so that out of your control in the first place. 

• Like 1

0eqyFib.jpg

Just did some additional research, it’s for the Neverwinter Free2Play Game. I’d like to correct and say I have added but not downloaded the game, maybe months or years ago. The game was never downloaded or played in the past and thats 100% for sure.

Now, according to their “Legal Section” of the DLC page, it’s supposed to be a free! How was I charged for it then?

I just emailed them this picture and the following -

“1. If the pack mentions it was for free, how come I was charged for it? I have PlayStation Plus activated for years.

2. What do you’ll mean “it is applied to my account?” Give an elaborate explanation regarding this. 

3. The red box marked in the screenshot is your legal info. These words clearly mention it is claimed once I start the game and go to a specific “section within the game” itself, then only it is applied!

4. I have never downloaded or played this game, so how can you’ll say “it is applied?” 

You’ll are not following your own terms and conditions. You’ll are contradicting your own rules.

Just because this is India, this is how PlayStation runs things? Overstepping on customers, not following your own terms and conditions?

For a simple refund you’ll are making this into a big issue!!”

Now, awaiting their reply…

Edited by SpyVision