PlayStation India is refusing to refund me a DLC / Add-On for a Game I don’t even own.

24 minutes ago, SpyVision said:

Will keep pestering them, will try my best to stand up against their BS!

What does the invoice say the charge was for?

25 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol Onyx fashion pack :D

I have a habit of claiming anything and everything free ?.

In the store page, legal section it said it’s for free to PS+ users, still I was charged. Sheesh!

6 minutes ago, SpyVision said:

Onyx Fashion Pack. 

It’s a cosmetic item for Neverwinter Free 2 Play game. 

So does it show 0 in the amount, because it’s weird that it’s free and then you being charged for the item?

2 hours ago, Snake said:

So does it show 0 in the amount, because it’s weird that it’s free and then you being charged for the item?

Free for PS+ users

Paid > 7$ or 600₹ for non PS+ users.

4 hours ago, SpyVision said:

Free for PS+ users

Paid > 7$ or 600₹ for non PS+ users.

So it was in the free packs list by mistake??

That’s really weird because I have been claiming free stuff too and never came across such a thing. 

do you have a password setup at check out?

Even so , keep annoying them and get a refund

UPDATE - 
THEY HAVE REFUNDED ME!!

I emailed them this yesterday - 

1. If the pack mentions it was for free, how come I was charged for it? I have PlayStation Plus activated for years.
2. What do you’ll mean “it is applied to my account?” Give an elaborate explanation regarding this. 
3. The red box marked in the screenshot is your legal info. These words clearly mention it is claimed once I start the game and go to a specific “section within the game” itself, then only it is applied!
4. I have never downloaded or played this game, so how can you’ll say “it is applied?” 

You’ll are not following your own terms and conditions. You’ll are contradicting your own rules.
Just because this is India, this is how PlayStation runs things? Overstepping on customers, not following your own terms and conditions?
For a simple refund you’ll are making this into a big issue!!

0eqyFib.jpg

This is their reply via email -

This is in reference to your e-mail dated 15/05/2023.

In accordance with your email, we would like to inform you that you does have the game Neverwinter on this account.

However, in this instance, we have now refunded the add-on as a good will gesture.

We would like to inform you that Rs 80,00 have been returned to your card. The funds may take up to 5 working days to appear on your credit/debit card statement. This delay is entirely dependent on how quickly your bank processes the refund.

Rs 502 have been returned to the account wallet instead, as you used funds from a voucher top up to pay for part of this purchase.

jQZOxGg.jpg

The amount may have been small, but that doesn’t mean a corporation can go back on their own terms and conditions, overstep on customers and take them for a ride.
I wouldn’t have bothered so much If it was for a game I’d actually play, they triggered me with the way they replied and handled it.
Hopefully this sets an example that it can be done, if you have all valid proof etc presented. 
I believe making enough noise on social media is the only solution currently. Really hope they improve for their own sake.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SpyVision said:

In accordance with your email, we would like to inform you that you does have the game Neverwinter on this account.

However, in this instance, we have now refunded the add-on as a good will gesture.

This makes me so mad. Typical Indian customer service response, full of pettiness and condescension. What a nice way to make a customer feel small.

At least you got the refund, so kudos mate and set up a password for checkout so you never have to ask these f**kwits for a "favor"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Walker said:

This makes me so mad. Typical Indian customer service response, full of pettiness and condescension. What a nice way to make a customer feel small.

Pretty much. Why would they make it sound like f**king charity. They don't have goodwill. They never had goodwill. They just don't have standards, or a clue. 

Ah. Anyway. 

• Like 1

Should have blamed it on a nephew or kid. Every time works like a clockwork. Sony is damn afraid of getting into PR nightmare caused by kids buying games on parents credit card etc. I have got 2 games refunded like this in past. My nephew got all the bad rep

Edited by ZooZoo
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Should have blamed it on a nephew or kid. Every time works like a clockwork. Sony is damn afraid of getting into PR nightmare caused by kids buying games on parents credit card etc. I have got 2 games refunded like this in past. My nephew got all the bad rap

Good idea, ???

On 5/17/2023 at 1:29 AM, Walker said:

At least you got the refund, so kudos mate and set up a password for checkout so you never have to ask these f**kwits for a "favor"

From what i know this isn't handled by the indian team.

14 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

From what i know this isn't handled by the indian team.

Approvals still go to the international team, but the responses are from our local team. Had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with both over the years. I did however have a great interaction with the UK team over billing issues . Those guys understand CS. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

Approvals still go to the international team, but the responses are from our local team. Had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with both over the years. I did however have a great interaction with the UK team over billing issues . Those guys understand CS. 

English not being first language also becomes an issue. People don't know how they come across.