Grand Theft Auto IV

KnackChap

Why hasnt M$ revealed details of the GTA IV DLC yet ?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/8/2008 at 7:32 PM, Assassins Creed said:

:) :) :D :D :D :D

100% done!!!!!

Best thing was completing 100% and Story at the same time and getting 160 GP ;)

its been a more than a month of hell ride thru Liberty City.. my first 100% game completion.

<_<:giggle: R*

Time to complete achievements :P

PS: am i the first one to complete 100% in GI?

Just quoting my 13 year old post -  During GI days when I did 100% Completion in this game :P R* had sent a fancy certificate and a credit card type pics which I cannot find now :( 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Just quoting my 13 year old post -  During GI days when I did 100% Completion in this game :P R* had sent a fancy certificate and a credit card type pics which I cannot find now :( 

Glad I bumped this for nostalgia. Maybe it’s aged poorly but I’m just not as into it as I was into gta V

1 hour ago, mafia97 said:

Hi , I am planning to replay the game, but confused if I should play it on PC on XBOX series X? Any suggestions.

Can’t comment on series x performance. It’s dirt cheap on steam and with mods (high res textures, improved lighting etc), it looks better than vanilla 

Edited by RV1709
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

What was your user-id back then?!?

On 12/17/2021 at 4:50 PM, AnK said:

I still remember back in the day when it launched,it was the!! next gen game to buy & specially after all those 10 on 10’s & the 98 meta to give a feel like Citizen Kane of games for that generation has arrived(It was quite good).

It was not available & I ordered it from Play-Asia & waited 11 days without tracking. 

& then another 15 days for my College exams to get over & when I finally I got my hands on a true next gen game on launch(after the PS2 era of what GamesPass is now). 

It was nirvana. 

I was playing this during my first semester exams back in 2009 and failed Chemistry-1. One of my friends used to come to my place to study and one day he asked to play, I put a cheat for helicopter and gave the controls to him, he failed Maths-1 exam that was held next day and a couple of friends got backs in other subjects because we used to discuss the story and gameplay during our commute to the exam centre. This game caused at least 6 people to reappear for their exams in total. :rofl:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, him2anshu said:

I was playing this during my first semester exams back in 2009 and failed Chemistry-1. One of my friends used to come to my place to study and one day he asked to play, I put a cheat for helicopter and gave the controls to him, he failed Maths-1 exam that was held next day and a couple of friends got backs in other subjects because we used to discuss the story and gameplay during our commute to the exam centre. This game caused at least 6 people to reappear for their exams in total. :rofl:

johnny depp GIF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mafia97 said:

Hi , I am planning to replay the game, but confused if I should play it on PC on XBOX series X? Any suggestions.

Series x version will be upscaled to 4k, 60fps and auto HDR.

PC version can be souped up with mods. 

Both would be fine.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, Sach4life said:

Physics were top notch. Still amongst the best in Rockstar games. GTA 5 was a downgrade in that area

Actually the RAGE physics system were pretty new in that game, and R*'s approach was different in GTA4 which wasn't fun for many. GTA4 was abit towards sim and GTA5 was back to abit aracdish in this regard. Different approach.

It wasn't good though, the car and bike handling weren't good, vehicles were skidding constantly, the ragdoll effects were too much intrusive, so much so that it became annoying for most players. R* fixed that in GTA5. Offcourse some liked the old physics of gta4 better, but that doesn't make it better objectively.

You can play both GTA5 and GTA4 back on back and compare. You will hate the driving in GTA4, specially in chase sequence. And the ragdoll for characters were abit too much. All the initial games with ragdoll physic had that issue, which you can't see in current games from any company, afaik.

Edited by SaiKO
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:27 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Hey, instead of pulling back your flex posts, fix our feedback man :ranting:

Spoiler

j/k

white teeth troll GIF

3 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Actually the RAGE physics system were pretty new in that game, and R*'s approach was different in GTA4 which wasn't fun for many. GTA4 was abit towards sim and GTA5 was back to abit aracdish in this regard. Different approach.

It wasn't good though, the car and bike handling weren't good, vehicles were skidding constantly, the ragdoll effects were too much intrusive, so much so that it became annoying for most players. R* fixed that in GTA5. Offcourse some liked the old physics of gta4 better, but that doesn't make it better objectively.

You can play both GTA5 and GTA4 back on back and compare. You will hate the driving in GTA4, specially in chase sequence. And the ragdoll for characters were abit too much. All the initial games with ragdoll physic had that issue, which you can't see in current games from any company, afaik.

I get what you are saying. GTA 5 approach was more arcadish and ultimately its about preference. But GTA 4's approach felt more realistic to me. I guess RDR2 has refined that approach.

• 1 month later...

Man, reading the first few pages of this thread, brings back so many memories.... this forum was almost like a group chat back then, used to be on at all times on my browser at work , posting random comments.... can't believe it's ~15 years since !

XBOX 360 / PS3 era was some of the best days of playing video games for me, i think, still have my x360/ps3 safely tucked in some place at home with most of my video games from those platforms , couldn't bring myself to sell them on account of nostalgia !!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, Ne0 said:

Man, reading the first few pages of this thread, brings back so many memories.... this forum was almost like a group chat back then, used to be on at all times on my browser at work , posting random comments.... can't believe it's ~15 years since !

XBOX 360 / PS3 era was some of the best days of playing video games for me, i think, still have my x360/ps3 safely tucked in some place at home with most of my video games from those platforms , couldn't bring myself to sell them on account of nostalgia !!

Hey Cousin! Let's go bowling!