Rip Blu-ray Movie Discs with Your New PlayStation 3

AtheK

Athek, if I get your point right, basically, this is useful when:

1) You install Linux on your system; and

2) You have friends from whom you can borrow bluray movies; and

3) You have no interest in keeping the movie rips permanently; and

4) Your friends are willing to lend you the blu-ray for long enough to make a rip, but not long enough for you to watch the movie; and

5) You don't have a blu-ray player on your computer.

Seems quite silly. As for people who want to make 720p rips from the iso, I wonder whether the hassle of doing this whole process, coupled with the amount of time taken to do this whole thing (and also the time taken by your comp to process the damn thing) is really worth it, when if you are so inclined, you can simply download such rips in the matter of a couple of days with a 512kbps connection.

So forgive my scepticism, but while I think this whole process has academic value, it has little to no practical value.

As for the size of your library, I did not intend to start a d*** measuring contest, athek, I was merely pointing out that you can't exactly have a significant collection of blu-ray isos on a 40GB ps3, or for that matter even a 320GB ps3.

^^ the point is not about how much you can store its just the capability of the system which is being discussed here how you use it and how you implement is totally upto you...The only point is that you have a console home that can do it and you can use the blu ray drive for that use if you want :arigato:

Right so it's fair to say that as an academic discussion it is interesting that you can rip a blu-ray iso with Linux installed on your ps3, but in practical usage this doesn't really have much significance? (If only the ps3 had a blu-ray writer! :nono: )

Right so it's fair to say that as an academic discussion it is interesting that you can rip a blu-ray iso with Linux installed on your ps3, but in practical usage this doesn't really have much significance? (If only the ps3 had a blu-ray writer! :hug: )

if only my friend if only :nono:

btw welcome to the forums

So what do you plan to do open a video librabry and rent out your PS3 to everyone....

This is HD and this is how it will be dude...

haha funny reply athek..

ofcourse, why do u have to keep them in your ps3 hdd, move them somewhere else..

even i have 320gb hdd, i download torrents, and mux my movies and transfer them to ps3 hdd..

i have one doubt.. do we get the same quality(processing speed) for those movies which we see on ps3 after muxing (mkv files im talking about) AND the same movies in mkv format, we run on linux-on-ps3 ??

if its same.. then we can run mkv files directly on linux-ps3 without muxing it..

i hope linux must be having lots of softwares to run mkv files..

Archived