Red Dead Redemption

Cortez

Red Dead Redemption gets a Zombie mode DLC

Rockstar has detailed its full DLC plans for Red Dead Redemption. And guess what? It's getting a zombie mode.

Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released on PSN and Xbox Live over the next few months - starting with the Legends and Killers Pack at the beginning of August 2010.

The series will culminate with the Red Dead Redemption 'Undead Nightmare' Pack in the autumn. That's the one with zombies - as if we needed to tell you.

The news follows the release of the free Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack last month.

"We want to continue to provide Red Dead Redemption's fans with a steady supply of innovative new content," said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games.

"Our goal is to continue to pack as much entertaining gameplay and as many surprises as we can into the massive world of Red Dead Redemption over the coming months."

The upcoming downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption includes:

Legends and Killers Pack

New active map locations, characters and more:

* Release date: beginning of August 2010;

* 9 new multiplayer map locations -- more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes;

* 8 new multiplayer characters -- play as characters from Red Dead Revolver;

* Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay;

* New achievements and trophies;

* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Liars and Cheats Pack

New competitive modes, multiplayer mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

* Release date: TBC;

* Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges;

* New multiplayer horse races, complete with mounted combat;

* Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption, as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters;

* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game;

* Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated challenges available in single-player and multiplayer gameplay;

* New achievements and trophies;

Free Roam Pack

Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new modes, challenges and gang hideouts to discover:

* Additional Free Roam challenges;

* New action areas and defensive placements;

* Posse scoring and leaderboards;

* New anti-griefing measures in Free Roam;

* Pricing: TBC.

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests;

* 8 new multiplayer zombie characters;

* Additional animals unleashed in the world;

* New dynamic events and more;

More details and other updates will be revealed closer to each release.

Source: RDR Zombie Mode DLC

what are the easiest ways of making money in the game? i have been playing the story mode only so havent checked out other activities

I would probably go with Liar's Dice. One of the stranger missions which involves minimum bet of $200 would be the best opportunity to rake in enormous dough. Bounty missions also contribute a great deal, provided you capture the target alive and bring him back in one piece. Five finger Fillet too would be ideal.

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

I would probably go with Liar's Dice. One of the stranger missions which involves minimum bet of $200 would be the best opportunity to rake in enormous dough. Bounty missions also contribute a great deal, provided you capture the target alive and bring him back in one piece. Five finger Fillet too would be ideal.

thanks.i will try out Five finger Fillet today

what are the easiest ways of making money in the game? i have been playing the story mode only so havent checked out other activities

Dude, looks like you're ignoring the best parts of the game!

Hunting is a very good way of making money. Farm wolf pelts/hearts in the first half of the game. Wolves spawn endlessly and the pelts and hearts sell for a good amount. Later on you can farm grizzly bears. You can also go for the ambient challenges, some of them require you to gather animal skins and herbs and if you keep doing that you'll obtain a truckload of items to sell. Not to mention the achievements/trophies and the chance to unlock better goodies and the Legend costume.

Liars Dice is a great way to make money too (and its also the easiest to win among all the mini-games).

Edited by Dom Cobb

^^wow! looks like i have been missing out on a lot of stuff.i will give the story mode a break and just try all the other side-quests and activities.btw i havent spotted a grizzly bear yet and i am 5 hours into the game :rolleyes:

btw i havent spotted a grizzly bear yet and i am 5 hours into the game :furious:

Don't worry, I didn't find a rattlesnake until I was almost half way through the game. :cheers:

There are a lots of random animals you'll encounter as you keep exploring. Concentrating only on main missions and using fast travel would take away the fun of manual exploration. The map is huge, so manual travelling would give you access to a lot of unknown areas and thus leading to those "when animals attack" moments. :P

^^wow! looks like i have been missing out on a lot of stuff.i will give the story mode a break and just try all the other side-quests and activities.btw i havent spotted a grizzly bear yet and i am 5 hours into the game :furious:

Thats because the area in which they're found hasn't been unlocked for you yet.

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests;

* 8 new multiplayer zombie characters;

* Additional animals unleashed in the world;

* New dynamic events and more;

:cheers:

Doesn't really suit the game's theme but what the hell... sounds like fun!

On a related note - is it just me or is the area around Blackwater (Great Plains, Tall Trees etc) really creepy? Especially the music during night time. Its far from a horror game but it still creeped me out a few times while exploring those areas at night.

Edited by Dom Cobb

yeah, it awesome !! the trees add to the mystique,

also found something interesting a few days back

apparently there is some ''random'' cannibal event in the game, see here

some pics that the guys took.

freakyguy.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

I went in the same area as the guys there mentioned and found that cannibal for myself as well :)

damn creepy i must say. forgot to take pics though :|

Edited by Nemo

Doesn't really suit the game's theme but what the hell... sounds like fun!

On a related note - is it just me or is the area around Blackwater (Great Plains, Tall Trees etc) really creepy? Especially the music during night time. Its far from a horror game but it still creeped me out a few times while exploring those areas at night.

parth is that u ???? :ack::)

ahh finally felt like finishing the story mode... so went ahead n finsiehd

JM is dead... AM is dead.. n son takes over... so now it is free roam right?? son doesn't have any missions right??

so will try out MP tonight ... :doh:

danny beeeeeeeeech i am coming to keeeeeeeeeeeeel u... :spank:

btw how many strangers are there?? i came across 17

Edited by dabba

u didn't get the jk do u ??? :devil:

What joke? Nemo posted about the cannibal random encounter and I said I experienced it too. At first I thought it was just some bandit trying to kill an innocent man. But then I saw the blood and body parts. He also kept spouting something on the lines of "hey I'm just looking for food!"