Rage

rad2689

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/09/27/carmack-rage-textures-are-exactly-the-same-on-all-platforms/

With an incredible 8GB install on the PS3, and id founder and technical director John Carmack calling the PS3 his “favorite console”… after the 360, some gamers were worried that Rage’s incredible mega-textures might be different on different platforms.

Luckily, there’s no reason to fret as Carmack has confirmed on Twitter that all the platforms will be treated equally, saying:

"The texture are exactly the same on all platforms."

PC gamers :ha:

Yes the site famed for their hard hitting top 10 lists about things we care about like the best reload animations in games.

:rofl: OMFG Really? Whats next? Top ten games with best damage effects?

I just read their list of top 10 games with great AI, and it has Pacman in it. :rofl:

Something about the colour scheme looks dull.

Other than that, looks really awesome. The animations look smooth and weapons look really good. I hope the driving feels good as well. Add in a good story and I can ignore the colours and really enjoy this.

Whatever man. The combat and guns will still remain the same the game will still run at 60 fps, may drop to 40s, still better than most of FPS out there who are at 25-30 fps. The scale is of game is huge, and that wont change on consoles.

It is locked to 60fps on consoles, if there's too much action on the screen which might lead to fps drop, then the resolution changes on the fly to maintain 60 fps. Its the same trick Wipeout HD uses, res drop is not noticeable immediately to player, but framerate drop is, hence they compromise the res instead.

Archived