Rage

rad2689

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

looks very similar to fallout 3 :( Though its because of a similar setting used in both the games, I'm sure there'll be inevitable comparisons upon this game's release.

But gfx wise looks very cool. The action will be awesome....id ftw :dance:

:samui:

Carmack is truly Gee Oh Dee.

128000x128000 texture size - what was he thinking?

holy sh*t , i think ill simply stick to the inferior console versions. My PC wil prolly explode trying to run this game.

This will kill my PC. :samui: A perfect reason to upgrade.

/Joker

Come on. I want you to do it. I want you to do it. Hit me. Hit me! I want you to hit me! Come on. Do it! Hit me!

as u wish... :(

:doh:

Minimum requirements -

Core i7 or higher

32 GB RAM

4 TB HDD space

GTX 295 X2 SLI or ATI 4890 X2 crossfire

I think they are yet to release the recommended requirements.

no way!! (maybe ultra settings) like doom 3.

Doom4 .. yes!

RAGE will run at 60fps on the PS3.

id Software has reiterated that the PS3 version of Rage will run at 60 frames-per-second when it launches.

"Everything is designed as a 60Hz game. We expect this to be 60Hz on every supported platform," id's John Carmack told Edge after an article in the latest issue observed that the PS3 version was currently lagging behind in performance terms.

Whoever writes the Rage Twitter account added: "The Edge Magazine article has caused quite a ruckus. We are committed to ensuring that gamers on all platforms have a great Rage experience."

Which isn't the same as saying that each version will perform the same, but keen observers of id's comments on id Tech 5, which powers Rage, will know that Carmack and others believe it's possible to achieve equal performance.

"Because of the way the technology works, it is really platform agnostic, which means Mac, PC, 360, PS3, so you don't have to have console hate if you're a PC player because we're focusing on the console, and if you're a console owner you don't have to wish that your version was as good as the PC because the technology does all that stuff," id boss Todd Hollenshead explained as far back as QuakeCon 2007.

At that time, Carmack also said that Rage was lagging behind on PS3, but he was confident that the team would make up the difference and apparently remains so.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/carmack-...ll-run-at-60fps

Also 60Hz does not mean 60 FPS.

For Carmack..it does.

FPS isnt technically the correct term, Hz is...& Carmack always prefers to be spot on.

He never uses the term FPS.

And no need to worry...the PS3 ver. will be 60FPS when it launches.

PC guys too should not worry about anything..the game doesnt looks heavy on hardware, anyone who can play an Unreal Engine 3 game smoothly should be able to run this even more smoothly. [as UE3 games are 30FPS on consoles while this is going to be a 60FPS game so better performance is expected]

Personally I'm happy with the way game looks [considering its running on 60FPS]

I'm more interested in seeing how it plays coz TBH all ID games are awesome on tech side & a bit avg. on gameplay side.

And if anyone of you want the full 720p 60FPS encode of the newest trailer here it is:

http://gamersyde.com/download_rage_trailer...9-12398_en.html

Sounds like damage control. They can (and probably will) get the PS3 to perform the same as the Xbox but I bet the harm is already done.

Also 60Hz does not mean 60 FPS.

hz is the frequency in times per second, and fps is the frames per second.

so basically both are same things.

Hz = frequency in times per second, so fps directly converts to Hz and vice versa. (e.g. 100Hz is 100fps).

Dont always go by the comments people make below the article :console:

Archived