Rage

rad2689

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^ There are cases though where you have a 60hz game but the actual FPS is 30FPS [ala Gears of War 2]

But still technically hz & FPS should be the same thing.

^ There are cases though where you have a 60hz game but the actual FPS is 30FPS [ala Gears of War 2]

But still technically hz & FPS should be the same thing.

Thats the point I am trying to make. Hz and FPS are two completely different things. Or rather can be used to express two different things.

Thats the point I am trying to make. Hz and FPS are two completely different things.

But as I said..Carmack doesnt takes them as different,

He has always mentioned FPS as Hz.

And these two things are different but yet are same things.

I mean its like a "khota Sikka" lol

Dono side se ek hi cheez hai but only one side is the real deal while the other is a copy...the problem is you dont know which side is a copy & which is real. :console:

• 8 months later...

RAGE new console screen is released , and the developer said that PS3 runs better than xbox360 further information at

www.tomshardware.com/news/id-software-rage-doom-quake,10345.html

FANBOY WAR BEGINS

id Software released a new batch of screens from its upcoming FPS.

Zoom

Tuesday id Software released a new batch of screenshots from the upcoming FPS for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Rage. Although the game was originally announced back in 2007, Rage may or may not hit retail stores by the end of the year--it's believed that it may not see a release until next year. Until then, we'll have to endure the random teases id dishes out.

Destructoid reports that id Software whipped out the latest build during last month's Bethesda Softworks press event. Apparently this was the first time anyone had seen a console version, as previous demos typically used the PC version of Rage (can't say "port," as that's not the case).

But no matter the platform, id's Tim Willits promises that id Tech 5 will offer true cross-platform technology. When asked about the PlayStation 3 version, Willits said that the PS3 demo was definitely an option for the event, but he opted for the Xbox 360 instead. "Our program director actually said 'Do you want to take the PS3? I think it's actually running better,'" he said.

w0j2ps.jpg

4qkmlt.jpg

sx0mfp.jpg

sgoi85.jpg

source

:nerves:

Why is it that in every screenshot I have seen so far its just some melee guy charging you with a melee weapon? I hope its not gonna be one of those games.

Edit Saw Hi res version of those screenshots. Honestly not impressed. Looks like Borderlands with worse art direction and better textures. :|

yep, the game looks a lot like borderlands without the cel shading. too much like it, in fact, which is a bit worrying.

but meh, it's from id software which equals automatic purchase for me.

strong borderlands vibes for sure. i hope its better than borderlands though. it was a good game but got repetitive and sp was monotonous as i was never a fan of grinding and loot.

i want this to have a story and a well fleshed out sp.

ign's preview

they have some nice comments.

LOL non-cel-shaded Borderlands was my first reaction as well. But I'm sure this game won't have RPG-like leveling up :\

But it's id! So :lol:

I've never been a fan of the realistic shooters that the kids seem to love these days.

• 1 month later...

Looks very, VERY pretty.

Gameplay on the other hand looks a bit meh. Again, its like Borderlands without the compulsive leveling up. Infact you could swap some of the enemies from both games and you would never be able to tell.

Will keep an eye on this though.

• 3 weeks later...

Rage won 3 game critics awards! including "Best Console Game", "Best Action Game" & "Special Commendation for Graphics" #id and #rage FTW!! :)

Rage is the only game which got 3 game critic awards out of 5 nominations!!!

For full list visit Game Critic Awards

Update: Also RAGE wins six GameTrailers E3 awards, including "Game of the Show" http://bit.ly/do4rln

Stunning RAGE versus Fallout 3 HD screenshot comparison

"RAGE was one of the most amazing looking games this E3. Being developed by the talented people at id Software and published by the folks at at Bethesda, the game should be one of the most visually stunning show pieces this generation. Developers have claimed that every object in the game if different and is totally hand rendered . On the other hand we have Fallout 3 which was also set in a post-apocalyptic world and was easily one of the best role playing games of 2008. So how do these games stack up against each other? Lets take a look

rage_fallout_3_1.jpg

rage_fallout_3_2.jpg

rage_fallout_3_3.jpg

rage_fallout_3_4.jpg

http://n4g.com/news/562232/stunning-rage-v...shot-comparison

But why compare visuals from an up and coming shooter from id software (I repeat id software) with a two-year old RPG which was already running on an aging engine?

Rage is a 60FPS game, tech wise it'll naturally be a lot behind the 30FPS games....compare it with 60FPS games instead.

Also Fallout 3 uses HDR, various advanced shaders like POM & has a real time day/night transitions....Rage has pre-baked lighting/shadows & will only take place at a single time of day.

No one's worked up about the visuals dude... it's an id game, it's guaranteed to look good. We're talking about the stupid article posted above which compares it with Fallout 3.

Archived