Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just now tried to post in coronavirus thread, had quoted few replies and my responses, and this error came (the error 504, which has been the usual sight for few months should i say?), usually after refreshing it posts in the thread, but not this time, my reply is gone, spoof...swoosshhhh vanished in thin air....

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, Pushy said:

just now tried to post in coronavirus thread, had quoted few replies and my responses, and this error came (the error 504, which has been the usual sight for few months should i say?), usually after refreshing it posts in the thread, but not this time, my reply is gone, spoof...swoosshhhh vanished in thin air....

same here lol.

Are the Admins still on this forum?

21 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

same here lol.

Are the Admins still on this forum?

Din't you read it's a lockdown, air is clear so if you see outside your window, you will see a cable dangling of the clouds, that is the cable that needs to be connected to the next cloud to get us more storage. So you need to sit tight till lockdown ends. 

PS: I have no clue why the forums are so f**ked, it's embarrassing. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, Pushy said:

Time for a balcony visit brah...

27 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Din't you read it's a lockdown, air is clear so if you see outside your window, you will see a cable dangling of the clouds, that is the cable that needs to be connected to the next cloud to get us more storage. So you need to sit tight till lockdown ends. 

PS: I have no clue why the forums are so f**ked, it's embarrassing. 

Embarrassment is a household name in India. So we got used to it and don’t care about it anymore. 

Do we not have someone among the active members who can fix this forum? I post very less and this started on getting even my nerves now :wallbash:

Well I'm not sure if this is much help, but it has worked for me on quite a few occasions.

After writing and clicking post, the 'submit' button turns black to grey, but the post doesn't appear. Wait a second or two after clicking post, and then click the back button in Chrome. 

When you click on the thread again, your post should be there. No errors, no double posts.

(This has worked for me on 100+ occasions)

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Well I'm not sure if this is much help, but it has worked for me on quite a few occasions.

After writing and clicking post, the 'submit' button turns black to grey, but the post doesn't appear. Wait a second or two after clicking post, and then click the back button in Chrome. 

When you click on the thread again, your post should be there. No errors, no double posts.

This works for me too but I just click on forum home instead of back.

Also, I'm just thankful the forum is still up and running. Ivg isnt what it used to be till a few years back, with hardly 20 active members now and the Indian gaming scene which has actually taken a step backwards compared to the last 2 gens, thanks to Flipkart/Amazon and the soaring exchange rate. So no potential for revenue either from this forum.

8 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Cool, will try it out.

8 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Also, I'm just thankful the forum is still up and running. Ivg isnt what it used to be till a few years back, with hardly 20 active members now and the Indian gaming scene which has actually taken a step backwards compared to the last 2 gens, thanks to Flipkart/Amazon and the soaring exchange rate. So no potential for revenue either from this forum.

Yeah, I remember how much traffic IVG used to have. 

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah. Either of those work.

Its not much to me, I've only been here a year or so, but I'm happy we have this forum.

Maybe there will be a lot more active users when the next gen consoles drop :) 

33 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah. Either of those work.

Its not much to me, I've only been here a year or so, but I'm happy we have this forum.

Maybe there will be a lot more active users when the next gen consoles drop :) 

They wont. FK/Amazon killed retailers/e-tailers with deep discounts and then backed out of gaming due to low profitability.

The 70+ dollar rate isnt helping either.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

They wont. FK/Amazon killed retailers/e-tailers with deep discounts and then backed out of gaming due to low profitability.

The 70+ dollar rate isnt helping either.

Actually FK/Amazon made gaming more affordable and faster with those discounts this gen (Cloudtail and Retailnet) than in last gen when prices were stuck at MRP for a long time and we had to rely on retailers and publishers to reduce those prices. 

Due to the uproar from the retailers, the Indian government put more curbs on their suppliers in e-commerce therefore those discounts are reduced. 

The exchange rate is certainly another factor.