Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Actually FK/Amazon made gaming more affordable and faster with those discounts this gen (Cloudtail and Retailnet) than in last gen when prices were stuck at MRP for a long time and we had to rely on retailers and publishers to reduce those prices. 

Due to the uproar from the retailers, the Indian government put more curbs on their suppliers in e-commerce therefore those discounts are reduced. 

The exchange rate is certainly another factor. 

Actually every retailer/etailer was giving 10% off last gen.

FK/Amazon spoiled the market with deep discounts.

Deep discounts was killed etailers/retailers who used to offer decent 10% discounts on preorders. 

Later on FK/Amazon completely pulled out of the sector. Even now there are barely any preorders initiated by these 2 even at full price.

I'm glad etailers like mcube are coming up to fill the void(they offer 10%off too ) but their selection of games is still limited.

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Actually FK/Amazon made gaming more affordable and faster with those discounts this gen (Cloudtail and Retailnet) than in last gen when prices were stuck at MRP for a long time and we had to rely on retailers and publishers to reduce those prices. 

Due to the uproar from the retailers, the Indian government put more curbs on their suppliers in e-commerce therefore those discounts are reduced. 

The exchange rate is certainly another factor. 

Deep discounts was killed etailers/retailers who used to offer decent 10% discounts on preorders. 

Later on FK/Amazon completely pulled out of the sector. Even now there are barely any preorders initiated by these 2 even at full price.

I'm glad etailers like mcube are coming up to fill the void(they offer 10%off too ) but their selection of games is still limited.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Wrong thread, but umm any idea if Mcube still does it now?

The Persona 5 Royal Physical release never happened, but I did wanna grab that pre-order steelbook

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Well I never experienced such discounts on preorders last gen. Must be few retailers. The grey market near my old place was charging more. I used to rely on digital and imported UK games since they were cheaper. 

I told you that it was the Indian government cut down their powers after protests last year. Not Amazon/FK fault. 

Mcubegames and Gametheshop are other reliable options. As of now, most e- retailers are yet to receive shipments of the April games including RE3R and Final Fantasy VIIR and will only deliver to some green and orange zones. 

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

The Persona 5 Royal Physical release never happened, but I did wanna grab that pre-order steelbook

The corona has put the supply chain of nonessentials to a standstill. Most retailers including amazon are yet to receive the shipments of the new games. 

Also delivery is limited to select zones.

Edited by Mysteryman

17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

The corona has put the supply chain of nonessentials to a standstill. Most retailers including amazon are yet to receive the shipments of the new games. 

Also delivery is limited to select zones.

I'm not in any hurry to get it. I don't mind waiting a month for them to ship it.

I'm just wondering if I should place the pre-order in case they sell out somehow...

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

You can try the code PREORDER to see if it still works. Else they have regular 10% off promotions. You can even email the customer care to confirm, they are quite active in replying.

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Think it has to do with forum hosting. I believe @HundredProofSam has control. 

Till then we roll with errors and double posts. 

shouldn't be rollin' with errors, i would rather roll with joints

On 5/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, PhantomShade said:

same here lol.

Are the Admins still on this forum?

:console:

On 5/5/2020 at 10:55 PM, AtheK said:

Din't you read it's a lockdown, air is clear so if you see outside your window, you will see a cable dangling of the clouds, that is the cable that needs to be connected to the next cloud to get us more storage. So you need to sit tight till lockdown ends. 

PS: I have no clue why the forums are so f**ked, it's embarrassing. 

:console:

On 5/5/2020 at 11:17 PM, playstationdude said:

Time for a balcony visit brah...

it's a frequent visit now me breda :hug:

57 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You can try the code PREORDER to see if it still works. Else they have regular 10% off promotions. You can even email the customer care to confirm, they are quite active in replying.

That didn't work. The website does list the game as Pre-order.

I don't see any 10% off promotion going on sadly....

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Whenever I try to reply to a thread it loads for a long time and then takes me to a 404 page (but the reply goes through)

I'm also seeing tons of double posts. Whats that about? Could they be related?

It has been going on for a year

• 3 weeks later...

One of my friend is an old member of IVG. 

He's forgotten his password and is unable to login.

When he selects forget password, it says a link has been sent to email to change pwd. But is not receiving any mail. 

Can ang Admin help him out? 

His display name is Dr. Awesome

On 6/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, silentassassin said:

One of my friend is an old member of IVG. 

He's forgotten his password and is unable to login.

When he selects forget password, it says a link has been sent to email to change pwd. But is not receiving any mail. 

Can ang Admin help him out? 

His display name is Dr. Awesome

Sent pm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, adity said:

Use condensed view. 

That was the first thing I tried. Unless I am missing something, that doesn't seem to be working, I still see last post preview in the feed,

On 7/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, HundredProofSam said:

Hi guys,

As you all have probably noticed, IVG was down for a long time recently, and once we got it back up and running, the forums only came back with posts up until July 2018. So let me go over what went wrong and where we stand.

What went down

The down time was down to a billing issue that led to disruption of our AWS services. When the issue was sorted and our services were reinstated by AWS, for some reason the forums didn't come back online.

IPB (the forum platform we use) tech support said that we had initiated a forum software upgrade but that upgrade was not complete (which is weird because no upgrade was initiated by us). As a result, we had to manually upgrade the forums as there was no way to just switch back to the old version.

After the upgrade, it turned out that all content post-July 2018 had vanished. Tech support said the only way to get that back is by restoring an old database backup. Unfortunately, we are set up for daily rotational backups, which means today's back up will overwrite yesterdays. So the backup we have is also without post-July 2018 data.

Where we stand

So as things stand, we have lost a year's worth of posts and threads, and any users who registered over the last year will have to register again.

@sathyabhat has suggested that going forward we keep daily back ups and separate monthly backups. This will help ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Had the billing issue not occurred (which is my fault) this would have been avoided, but it still doesn't explain how one year's worth of data got wiped off or how a forum upgrade could have been initiated, since in the past only I have done the upgrades. I think Sathya might be able to shed some more light on the technical aspect of this but I think even he can't figure out how that content disappeared.

Regardless, it looks like we'll have to rebuild some of the popular threads from over the last year, as well as the trading threads and feedback. Sorry about that.

?

Guess there was no data loss this time, but how can we all help to avoid down times and fix the double post thing