Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

I've noticed a lot of people have been listing their games collection in their signatures, inadvertently making them seem unnecessarily huge at times. The reason for this, or so I'm told, is that people would get to know what games people are into (or for the purposes of the trade section, know what games that they already own).

If it doesn't exist already, can we have a single thread listing everyone's collection in one place, and that if members wanted other members to know what games they possess - they can simply link to their post in that topic? Can something like that be done?

I've noticed a lot of people have been listing their games collection in their signatures, inadvertently making them seem unnecessarily huge at times. The reason for this, or so I'm told, is that people would get to know what games people are into (or for the purposes of the trade section, know what games that they already own).

If it doesn't exist already, can we have a single thread listing everyone's collection in one place, and that if members wanted other members to know what games they possess - they can simply link to their post in that topic? Can something like that be done?

This is a good idea.

Discuss retro games - essentially games people wish they'd played and get nostalgic over - yet, if they start playing now, they're in for a load of disappointment. Except Diablo II - that's eternal.

Woah!

Speak for yourself. I can name a couple of dozen games that are as good now as they were 10-15 years ago. I am not one of those rose tinted idiots that think gaming is no good anymore, realistically gaming has never been better. But to dismiss all old games offhand as crap is insane.

Plus with a retro section we could organize via platform, year and genre.

/Is obsessive compulsive.

Although TBH the retro section would have about three users in it at most times.

Edit Also I kinda agree with sigs becoming too large now. A dedicated thread for a list of games would be so much better. Plus it would clean up the forum a lot. And threads would look a lot better as well.

Does anyone even read someones games list in a signature. People have like a gazillion of them.

Edited by Aftrunner

This is more of a query than a suggestion directed to the Moderators n the administrator:

My post count is stagnant at "4".....although i believe i've posted much more than that till now

Are there any rules i'm not following???

^^ post counts in the General Chatter section do not count. Also do not spam the other threads - that will lead to a post count reset. Meaningful contributions to the other threads will easily lead to post count. Also, does post count matter if the quality of your posts are good? There are a few well respected members who have low post counts and are very well respected.

^^ yeah i know - 'tis horrible. wonder how many sign up only for trading post and rarely access otherwise

Heh....rest assured i'm definitely not the type who'll trade games or consoles....I love collecting the original games as much as i like playing them so no question of trading n parting with them. :wOOtjumpy:

What i juz asked was a simple query.