Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

Pure speculation - I think the double posting is due clicking the "Submit Reply" button more than once. The first time you hit it, the button freezes* but still continues registering the clicks. So if one keeps on clicking expecting it to respond, IPB keeps registering that as new posts and then submits it all together when the system responds. 

Like someone mention earlier, I click submit once and let the page do it's thing till the 503 CloudFlare error shows up. Then I just close that tab & open the forum in a new one / or retype in the forums address and load the page

* - (Button Changes to "Saving" from "Submit Reply" but the page doesn't show that it's loading an action)

Edited by El Tigre Chino
  • Like 1

I posted something in the TLoU2 thread and there was no double post and no gateway error.

It just took some time (more than normal) to post, that's all.

Edit: Got the gateway error while posting this, though. <_<

Also, here's what I do to avoid double-posting. As always, I just wait till I get the error. Then, I go back to the main forum homepage (from my browser favourites) and if I navigate to the thread again, my post is always there, without any double posts.

Edited by VelivolusDas

I just click post,  button turns grey, wait a couple seconds and hit refresh. Works every time, no double-posting.

This is on browser, don't really use Tapatalk.

Edit: Didn't need to for this comment. Got posted immediately.

Edited by Chirag2001

9 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I just click post,  button turns grey, wait a couple seconds and hit refresh. Works every time, no double-posting.

This is on browser, don't really use Tapatalk.

Edit: Didn't need to for this comment. Got posted immediately.

Yep, things seemed to have improved a lot!

Edit: Never mind, still happens intermittently.

Edited by -13-