Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

24 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Person sending the game bears the cost of courier

I think whoever wants to borrow the game (recipient) should bear the cost of the courier from current-game holder.

That way, initial donors of the game themselves do not pay anything to send the game to the first person borrowing it. 

Im in. I can support as a volunteer too, if you require.

> Might I suggest increased feedback requirements?

Like maybe 10 or 15 Positive feedback? Since, even one bad experience can subconsciously ruin our entire perception of the forum.

> Have compulsory minimum rep requirement(maybe 20) since we need to be vary of the people who login to engage in trade only?

> Wouldn’t it be better if receiver has to repay the courier costs to the sender? This should not be difficult since everyone used upi apps.

Edited by kmkaks

Fair point. Also a lot of people who may be active and genuine members, may not do much buying/selling on TP (like me). So how about this:
Option 1: 20 reputation points + 5 positive trading feedbacks
OR
Option 2: 50 reputation points
I think having both option available for letting people join in is a very good idea. This way like you mentioned even active people who have embraced the digital lifestyle can get a chance to be part of it.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

On 7/29/2020 at 2:26 PM, HundredProofSam said:

Donor agrees that if a game is lost or damaged, no compensation will be due

Clarification: In that unfortunate circumstance, will the donor be required to add another game to the pool of games available, in place of the damaged game to be a member? 

7 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Clarification: In that unfortunate circumstance, will the donor be required to add another game to the pool of games available, in place of the damaged game to be a member? 

It's completely at owner discretion, but it won't be enforced. 

Also I suggest it be made compulsory to add a game each year, and add validity to membership. Adding one game once and then not bothering would not help in long term. 

Edited by AtheK

The concept of library should actually be to giveaway the games you are not playing. Same as donating books to friends/library. Also maybe add a term for which a person can keep the games.

Later we can have people gathering funds to buy a new game (e.g. Cyberpunk) to add to the library. 

Can be really useful and active with the PS5 launching.

Thought the library was dead? I have a few games lying around which I can giveaway, if someone can pay for the shipping.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Sender pays for courier. That way there is no exchange of money needed.

Physical games only because digital game sharing can get messy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital games sharing is so easy and if feedback criteria is set then it can work really well here. It's less hassle than shipping and is instant.

3 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

Digital games sharing is so easy and if feedback criteria is set then it can work really well here. It's less hassle than shipping and is instant.

But to share just one game from your entire PSN/Xbox/Steam account wouldn't be possible, right?

Let's say I own TLoU 2 on PSN. I'm done playing it and I am ready to give it to the library.

But how do I give just that game? If I share my PSN account details with someone, that person can get access to other games/DLCs from my profile too. Not sure if everyone would want to do that or be okay with it.

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

But to share just one game from your entire PSN/Xbox/Steam account wouldn't be possible, right?

Let's say I own TLoU 2 on PSN. I'm done playing it and I am ready to give it to the library.

But how do I give just that game?

Gotta make an account while buying. Only one person will be able to play in his primary/main account.

Also many people will buy the PS5 digital version.

Reselling game discs is in the grey area too, according to Sony's ToS. ??‍♂️

Edited by Mizanurification

31 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

Reselling game discs is in the grey area too, according to Sony's ToS. ??‍♂️

Is that so?  

If it contradicted Sony's TOS, I doubt Gamestop or other similar stores would exist. 

8 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Not sure if everyone would want to do that or be okay with it.

If someone is okay with sharing their complete library for a limited time, I don't see anything wrong in that as long as 2 people dealing are trustwrothy.