Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

Just a question - not sure if this is the right place for it, but would anyone be interested in a GI/TAP Podcast? It'd be pretty neat, and a great set of material for the TAP blog at the least. :thumbdown:

*runs off to hide before being eaten alive*

we were planning one a while back (around christmas) but it fell through

peace

Ah. A pity, that. Well, I think I'll round up maybe VJ and someone else on sunday and we'll do something for TAP, even if its a small thing it'll be better than nothing.

Also, another suggestion: maybe it's best to have a forum for PC games? Right now everything is squished into one thread, and finding what your looking for specific games can be difficult :s

do you think its important to keep months old PMs? if yes, i'll increase the limit

have u guys tried archiving old PMs? it wil make an excel file of your old PMs and email it to your email address

peace

More than retention, privacy is important. I think there has been incidents where mods/admins have pried on cerntain individuals PM and even modded them. I have come across one such incident. Don't know if this was reported to you or not. IT IS NOT ETHICAL.

care to explain?

peace

I will, but not out here like this. It's gonna make GI look bad. Will PM you the incident later.

having said all these, I understand the privileges of root admins and respect that. but i feel compelled to bring this to your attention, without naming any....because I feel someone out there misusing it.

More than retention, privacy is important. I think there has been incidents where mods/admins have pried on cerntain individuals PM and even modded them. I have come across one such incident. Don't know if this was reported to you or not. IT IS NOT ETHICAL.

What you are suggesting is impossible, at least in the current version of the software we are using. If you know of a forum software that allows modding of PMs kindly pass on the link.

What you are suggesting is impossible, at least in the current version of the software we are using. If you know of a forum software that allows modding of PMs kindly pass on the link.

I like to believe that too. But yeah, anyone who has access to the backend, can tamper with the data irrespective of the frontend software application.

I don't think mods and admins would have that here. So ignore my suggestion.

I like to believe that too. But yeah, anyone who has access to the backend, can tamper with the data irrespective of the frontend software application.

I don't think mods and admins would have that here. So ignore my suggestion.

We neither have the time or the inclination to mess around with thousands of tables worth of SQL mumbo jumbo at the risk of shutting down the entire forum just to screw around with members. We have put in our own money to keep get the site up and running and maintain it. You are questioning our personal integrity and our commitment to this forum.

I'm really surprised at your comments.