Suggestions and feedback

SchizoidFreud

3 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I suspect this is because last night we updated the version of PHP that the IVG server runs. That's the only change we have made that could have caused this.

We are running an outdated and unsupported version of the forum software, and we could not update it because the server was running an old version of PHP. Now that PHP is updated, I can upgrade the forum software, but it will be time consuming and there is potential for things to break temporarily since we will be moving up several versions all at once. Needless to say everything will be backed up before proceeding.

So either I try and do the forum upgrade tonight and hope that fixes the embed issue. Or wait till after E3 and we live with the embed issue till then.

Thoughts?

can we upgrade....cause embed function is really important for vids etc and E3 for a lot of videos

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I suspect this is because last night we updated the version of PHP that the IVG server runs. That's the only change we have made that could have caused this.

We are running an outdated and unsupported version of the forum software, and we could not update it because the server was running an old version of PHP. Now that PHP is updated, I can upgrade the forum software, but it will be time consuming and there is potential for things to break temporarily since we will be moving up several versions all at once. Needless to say everything will be backed up before proceeding.

So either I try and do the forum upgrade tonight and hope that fixes the embed issue. Or wait till after E3 and we live with the embed issue till then.

Thoughts?

Wait for E3 to be over. Don't want forum to go down at this time.:fear:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Roll back php to old version till after e3

+1 to this if possible. Can upgrade PHP version and forum soft. post E3.

Otherwise go ahead with upgrading the forum's software as being able to embed media is kinda necessary. If things don't work out, maybe a backup can be used.

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

imgur seems to be working fine for images.

Nah, that too not working for me. Tried just now! 

https://imgur.com/lJrHOaK

Error I get - 'The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.".

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Nah, that too not working for me. Tried just now! 

https://imgur.com/lJrHOaK

Error I get - 'The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: "Something went wrong. Please try again.".

Hover your cursor over the top right of the image after you upload. Click on the three dots and then on "Get share links". Copy the bbcode and paste it here.

And voila!

m0vP7Vo.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

Hover your cursor over the top right of the image after you upload. Click on the three dots and then on "Get share links". Copy the bbcode and paste it here.

And voila!

This working but too much work than before, image also gets compressed further.

Ah, will do for a time being. Thanks! 

On 6/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, HundredProofSam said:

Thoughts?

Did you get the things sorted ? Or @sonuyos has offere to help with the update or any hosting queries..

Edited by Assassins Creed