PS3 error 80010017 problem

dislike

Can somebody help me??

When i run fifa 09,it gets back automatically to the XMB with an error message 80010017.

Then when i run cod4 it,loads then immediately gets back to the XMB

.All the games are giving the same problem.Can somebody please help me out??

I have right now given the Full format of the PS3's HDD and will try out whether the problem persist.

In the meanwhile can somebody please let me know what is this problem all about??

When i googled the error code this is what i got

80010017 Can't start Blu-ray Game

this might help

from http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...sage.id=2431237 :

Got this one figured out, so just in case someone has the same problem...

I had my PS3 swopped out yesterday, the previous one died on me. I bought flow on the pevious PS3. Got home, downloaded flow on the new PS3 and tried to play, just before the game launches, the screen returns to XMB with this error: "There is an error During Startup (80010017)"... But I did Active my new PS3... So I went back into Account Management ([Friends] [Account Management]), de-activated and activated again, PROBLEM RESOVLED. Seems like the machine isn't happy with activation before download, I guess.

it seems all replies in that thread were only for PSN games...still no harm in trying

dude, your PS3 has same disease which one of my friends' got.

Worst thing was his warranty was over. Sony said they cant repair it so they are offering him 50% discount coupon to be used with a new PS3 purchase. Hope you are still in warranty, don't u?

from a personal experience, when my blu ray drive died, it just used to show that loading circle thingie on the top right of the screen and do nothing else

the game wouldn't even show up under the game menu

this error seems more like a software issue...try going to recovery menu and installing the firmware again or something

dude, your PS3 has same disease which one of my friends' got.

Worst thing was his warranty was over. Sony said they cant repair it so they are offering him 50% discount coupon to be used with a new PS3 purchase. Hope you are still in warranty, don't u?

my warranty got over 20days back,i have already got the ps3 replaced once within the warranty period after the ps3 failed to read cds,dcd,bds.

I went to sony service centre to return my ps3 to them.He said he will give me the replacement soon,but told me that i would be charged some amount.Man jus 20 days before only warranty got over.Most of my friends whom i know had this problem,got their ps3's replaced FREE even after the warranty period!!

• 1 month later...
Can somebody help me??

When i run fifa 09,it gets back automatically to the XMB with an error message 80010017.

I have right now given the Full format of the PS3's HDD and will try out whether the problem persist.

In the meanwhile can somebody please let me know what is this problem all about??

U SHOULD CONTACT UR NEAREST DEALER ASAP COZ UR DRIVE MAY BE DEAD

Can somebody help me??

bro it is a problem in the eye lens of the ps3......i had a similiar problem (initially it began like this and slowly it became worse)

ultimately i had to buy a new one....if this one is still under warranty please go to sony service center and get it exchanged or if you have the bill with you they might change it for you (otherwise buy a new one or get it repaired in the grey market)

Please hurry because slowly the ps3 will stop reading the game also.....(sometimes it also happens due to overheating so if you can the fan checked and see that if the games are working fine then its your luck)....Best of luck with it

Archived