Beyond Good and Evil 2

KnackChap

I would think this has been put on the back burner. Ubi has some nice games coming out and they are going to concentrate on those. It's quite possible there's one writer stuck in a corner working on the story and they will just use one of their generic engines on the game.

The other though that comes to mind is that after the spectacular cancellation of DNF and the muted backlash maybe companies are not afraid to cancel anymore.

I would like to think Ancel doesn't have anything big up his sleaves these days anyway, so development on BG&E2 just seems natural enough to happen. Rabbids Go Home is his first project as a designer since PJ's King Kong, you can't convince me that this man doesn't have something extraordinary cooking up down the pipeline. So excuse me while I continue drowning myself in delusions!

And can we have some freaky music going on? BG&E had a fantastic soundtrack:

I would like to think Ancel doesn't have anything big up his sleaves these days anyway, so development on BG&E2 just seems natural enough to happen. Rabbids Go Home is his first project as a designer since PJ's King Kong, you can't convince me that this man doesn't have something extraordinary cooking up down the pipeline. So excuse me while I continue drowning myself in delusions!

As opposed to lounging in the French Riviera with all that Rayman money by his side? :happydance:

• 10 months later...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248735

Beyond Good & Evil 2 canned - report

A rumour has emerged from France that Rayman creator, Michel Ancel has left Ubisoft, which has subsequently seen the cancellation of his game, Beyond Good and Evil 2.

According to the French report, Ancel has left the publisher along with another "star developer" to found his own studio in France.

Apparently there have been internal problems concerning Beyond Good and Evil 2's development - which was supposedly well under way - and there's now strong reason to believe it's been canned.

The rumour's made even more believable by the fact we haven't seen anything of the sequel since 2008, when a single teaser trailer was released.

Earlier this year an Ubisoft exec assured journalists that the game was "still in production".

:harhar::panic::good::):cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I never got what the hype was all about with BG&E.

It's the second most overrated game imo (the first would be Indigo Prophecy).

Are u from Mars ? :)

cause what u are saying is exactly the opposite in reality , both are underrated instead of overrated and provide better gameplay than most Third Person games released even today.

Neither one of them is over rated or under rated. Both stand at a healthy 80something on metacritic AFAIK and thats pretty much where they deserve to be.

However the cult status both games enjoy is not deserving.

...and provide better gameplay than most Third Person games released even today.

i like indigo prophecy but i have to say, it's gameplay is terrible. i have no idea why you think it's better than most 3rd person games.

Neither one of them is over rated or under rated. Both stand at a healthy 80something on metacritic AFAIK and thats pretty much where they deserve to be.

However the cult status both games enjoy is not deserving.

Both of the games in question were flawed..yes. Indigo Prophecy started off as good as any game can ever be and then QTEs, the music, the guitar...oh YEAH and then, that supernatural BS, that uncalled for murders and retarded twists and turns and oh so confusing plot and it became highly unbearable even to finish the game...the ending was utter rubbish aswell. Beyond Good and Evil was better than IP...the colorful world, the so beautiful objects and environment...CARLSONS AND PEETERS, the great story and a denjo stick as the primary weapon, could the game ever go worng? It did..some horrible puzzles, boring missions and not good enough development skills.

Both these games were fresh in approach and lacked in implementation down the line, so I would actually not be surprised if people say that their cult status is not something which they truly deserved. I am one of the few who believes they were very good games...gone wrong and should not be worshiped upon.

Personally, I would have loved to see a sequel of BGE, it could have been everything that BGE could have but din. As for IP, that game was so fcked up at the later stages, I don't even want a remake leave alone a sequel. Plus, HR suffered from some of the same flaws as IP if I am to believe some of my frnds but I have not played HR and don't intend to play it anytime soon aswell.

Edited by Cyborg