Beyond Good and Evil 2

KnackChap

i like indigo prophecy but i have to say, it's gameplay is terrible. i have no idea why you think it's better than most 3rd person games.

I was mainly referring to BGE :majesty: , it had everything humor , storyline , crazy dialogues , awesome soundtrack and very good graphics.

Why not?

Because there is nothing exceptional about either one of those games. Just two well made solid games whos only claim to fame is that they sold poorly. If both of them had sold a whole bunch and had a few sequels spawned it wouldnt enjoy the cult status it does today and it probably would be just another franchise like Ghost recon or Splinter cell or whatever. Instead since hardly anyone bought or played them the select few who did felt like they were onto something the whole world had missed. When in truth its no more than yet another 85 game at Metacritic.

I like to call it "The Ico effect".

Because there is nothing exceptional about either one of those games. Just two well made solid games whos only claim to fame is that they sold poorly. If both of them had sold a whole bunch and had a few sequels spawned it wouldnt enjoy the cult status it does today and it probably would be just another franchise like Ghost recon or Splinter cell or whatever. Instead since hardly anyone bought or played them the select few who did felt like they were onto something the whole world had missed. When in truth its no more than yet another 85 game at Metacritic.

I like to call it "The Ico effect".

wait, r u saying that ico is overrated :majesty: ?

Overrated isnt exactly the word I would use. Ico is a pretty good game. MUCH better than those two.

But its even more of a cult phenomena than BG&E and IP. At least those two only make it to the best of last gen, Ico gets bunched in with the best of all time crowd. El oh f**king el.

Overrated isnt exactly the word I would use. Ico is a pretty good game. MUCH better than those two.

But its even more of a cult phenomena than BG&E and IP. At least those two only make it to the best of last gen, Ico gets bunched in with the best of all time crowd. El oh f**king el.

Could be because the game is actually good? You didn't think so?

Could be because the game is actually good? You didn't think so?

I do think its a good game, infact its pretty good. I said as much. But best of all time? Seriously? Its not that good. Maybe the best on PS2 last gen but even thats a stretch. A pretty long stretch.

Edited by Aftrunner

I do think its a good game, infact its pretty good. I said as much. But best of all time? Seriously? Its not that good. Maybe the best on PS2 last gen but even thats a stretch. A pretty long stretch.

So combine your 'pretty good' with poor sales and you have a cult game, yes? Cult doesn't mean perfect. Nor does a high meta-score.

In fact, a low meta-score would mean it was misunderstood, and there more 'cult'.

Edited by Cpl. Hicks

So combine your 'pretty good' with poor sales and you have a cult game, yes? Cult doesn't mean perfect. Nor a high meta-score.

In fact, a low meta-score would mean it was misunderstood, and there more 'cult'.

I am not saying they are or arent a cult game. I said neither of them deserve to be one. No more than Armed and Dangerous or The suffering or Republic commando any other 30 odd games from last gen that were half decent and didnt set sales records. I always imagined to be a cult hit you had to do something that distanced you from the crowd. Neither BGE or IP do anything of that sort. Ico has more of a case than either one of them but thats only cause its a slightly better game but even it isnt doing anything exceptional.

I can understand if they were misunderstood (lets face it you will rubbing Kane and Lynch in our faces 5 years from now) but they werent. None of them were anything more than what they seemed and were called out for.

Edit Fatman, thats just cruel man. :angry:

Edited by Aftrunner

I am not saying they are or arent a cult game. I said neither of them deserve to be one. No more than Armed and Dangerous or The suffering or Republic commando any other 30 odd games from last gen that were half decent and didnt set sales records. I always imagined to be a cult hit you had to do something that distanced you from the crowd. Neither BGE or IP do anything of that sort. Ico has more of a case than either one of them but thats only cause its a slightly better game but even it isnt doing anything exceptional.

I can understand if they were misunderstood (lets face it you will rubbing Kane and Lynch in our faces 5 years from now) but they werent. None of them were anything more than what they seemed and were called out for.

You got that right :angry:

Armed and Dangerous, The Suffering and Republic Commando are all great games, but what Ico and BG&E had (and they didn't) was exemplary story, music, characters, art and level design.

You can't compare Peyj to that guy from The Suffering or the clones from Republic Commando. I loved both The Suffering games but I can't remember the character's name, and I think that's saying something.

Edited by Cpl. Hicks

You got that right :angry:

Armed and Dangerous, The Suffering and Republic Commando are all great games, but what Ico and BG&E had (and they didn't) was exemplary story, music, characters, art and level design.

You can't compare Peyj to that guy from The Suffering or the clones from Republic Commando. I loved both The Suffering games but I can't remember the character's name, and I think that says something.

:rofl:

You take that back! Those clones from RC had more personality than everyone in BGE put together.