[LATEST SCAM] Ramalinga Raju of GI: The Sequel.

Prakharam

Hi, I was conned by the same person described here..

http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7833

I have exams going on right now so I can't put a detailed description but here's a PM I sent to a few Mods..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. I seem to have been conned..

please look the thread here:

http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7576

I "bought" the console from him(Vamp = Pradeep, bangalore even though the consoles mentioned from kerela) about 2-3 months back but he failed to deliver(citing various reasons; xbox gone for replacement, not all accessories present, too much cost of shipping etc) it so far and he's kept telling me that he is in bad circumstances and is undergoing financial trouble but is trying constantly to return money.

Since he was replying to my messages I kept telling myself that this isnt a case of fraud but idk now.. And now he claims that he has the XBOX but he cant risk shipping it and he only has a wired controller and no games.. I said ok you send me that and send me some money so he kept saying just wait and I'll refund. I asked him for his home address so I can arrange a pickup and he didnt respond.. He claimed that he will send me the money back by this last wednesday but he didnt come through yet again.. And now he's not replying to my messages or taking my calls..

Earlier he had claimed to have transferred the money 2 times but he said there was something wrong with his account thats why the transfer didnt come through..

I know I jumped the gun and bought the xbox without paying attention to the pic being low res and seemingly of US origin but I was wondering if anyone might help me out and if theres a way to get my money back.. I dont want to go through the whole lengthy and tiresome legal process(I messaged him saying that I'm already going for it to tyr and scare him, but he didnt respond)

I do have his cellphone number and account details.. Also he once messaged me from one other number once and later I sent an sms there and the person didt seem to understand but when i sent him Vamp's no he didnt respond.. I googled the other no and came across a page with name Deepak Gowda seemingly from bangalore...

here's Vamp(Pradeep) cell no. XXXXXXXXXX

Other cell no. XXXXXXXXXX

EDIT: Check UPDATE (25/5/09 2:40 PM):

I didnt post anything earlier in the fear that he might get angry or something and not repay me but I dont see any other option.. And I dont have enough posts in the trading post to create a thread either..

Thanks

Prakhar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other cell no matches with the other thread and so does the Account holder's name..

I created the thread on HundredProofSam's suggestion. Thanks a lot to him. I've been too absorbed with stuff to be able to figure all this out on my own..

I heard about the scam. Its the same guy from the PS3 scam

Post your expereince in a new thread in General Chatter so we can settle this. Other members who were involved in the PS3 scam will be able to help you out and also give you this guy's address and home number

peace

I would appreciate if people could help me out and maybe collectively kick "Vamp's" sorry a*s.

Thank you.

UPDATE (25/5/09 2:25 PM): He texted me asking me for my account number and then called me. He claimed that he will deposit 2500 in my account today and send me the console with whatever incomplete accessories he has. I told him see, I found out about the whole scam you pulled off about the PS3 on GI and I can't trust you. I don't know if I'll get an XBOX or a packet of Uncle Chips in the parcel. I expect my money back by tomorrow afternoon or I am coming after you.

He says, oh that wasn't me, it was someone else I know and I have clarified it already and I already paid some people, 14K and 17K and I don't have the cash on me at the moment. And since you were ready for the console I thought we would settle it that way. So tell me your account number.

I told him again, see I don't want your console. I can't trust anything you say. I want my money or I'm getting my Dad to put you into a lot of misery.

He asks yet again. So you do not want the console?

I told him. No I do not want your console. Then he says oh I'll have to sell the console locally then I can send you the money. I told him I cannot wait till you sell your console. I want the money by tomorrow afternoon at any cost.

So then he's like OK, I can deposit 5-7K tomorrow and the rest by Thursday. So I was like, fine. 5-7K tomorrow. But, if I don't get the remaining by Thursday, I'm sorry but I can't do anything other than bring the authorities to you. He said alright and texted me asking me for my account number, which I have sent to him. Lets see what happens.

UPDATE (25/5/09 2:40 PM): He called me asking to remove the phone numbers listed here saying I read the post and that these numbers are not involved with anything and that he'll take care of the problem, let's not make a big issue out of this. I said fine, but make sure you fix everything. Thank you.

PS. If anyone needs the no, I can PM it to them.

UPDATE (25/5/09 5:15 PM): I have received Rs. 3835. He made a cash deposit of Rs. 4000 and the charge of Rs. 165 applied. I have sent him a message about the confirmation of Rs. 4000 and also about the Rs. 165 charge.

So I have to receive Rs. 7665 more out of the original 11500.

I hope this whole thing gets sorted soon.

UPDATE (25/5/09 7:00 PM): I just talked to him for about 20 minutes on the phone. He tried explaining to me how it was his brother who did all the stuff and that has gotten him into a lot of trouble and in a bad situation since he has to repay everyone. I told him if that is true, I feel bad for you but there is nothing that can make me trust you at the moment. Regardless of who did it, I still lost 11.5K and someone has to pay me back. And even if you do have the XBOX now I still don't have any proof and no reason to trust you. He has now said that by Friday I should have my money.

He is also bothered about this thread saying people are talking and making a big deal about it and calling the numbers that were there in the thread. I told him I cannot do anything about the thread and I have already removed the numbers and people deserve to know. If it was your brother who is the real culprit, maybe you should join GI and make a new thread pleading your case and hope that people believe you. But there is very little that you can do that would have you gain trust among people. And he even said that people would not believe him.

He than reassured me saying that I should have my money by Friday. That's it for now.

UPDATE (29/5/09 11:50 AM): I sent him a reminder via text saying that the rest of the money should be in by today evening. He replied that he will transfer online by either today evening or tomorrow morning 11am and he cannot afford to lose Rs. 165 every time.

That is it so far. I haven't replied after that.

:/

UPDATE (29/5/09 4:50 PM):I decided to send him a message saying that I want my money back by 7:30 otherwise I am reporting you. This is his reply:

"Dude what is this stop blackmailing me. I will transfer the ammount by tomorrow morning. This is height of taking advantage of someones bad situation"

I replied saying basically that I don't believe him and I want my money back otherwise he has to face teh consequences. I have nothing more to say at the moment.

UPDATE (29/5/09 5:00 PM): This is his reply:

"Even let me be straight i will only transfer your amount by tomorrow cause i an waiting for someone to buy the xbox tomm. If you cant wait for another day you can go ahead and do as you wish. Those people in the forum are adding fuel to the already burning fire and having fun."

I am replying saying what killzone123 has suggested.. which is what I had in my mind as well..

UPDATE (29/5/09 5:25 PM) He has replied thanking me a ton for my patience but he will transfer the remainder tomorrow but I should not blame him if there is a delay when he transfers it online from his HSBC account. He says he will send me the reference no as soon as he is done making the transfer so I can check with the bank.

I told him that after the transfer, it is only a matter of minutes before the money shows up in my account so he does not need to bother about the delay from the banks side. He should just do his job by 11 AM.

FINAL UPDATE: Sorry I could not update the thread earlier, but I had exams going on. I have received the full amount. I just want to thank everyone who helped me out here. I hope things like this never happen though. Thanks again.

Prakhar

I hope this gets resolved but few faults of yours that need to be pointed out. You should have noticed this

1. Vamp has zero Trading Post feedback

2. Vamp is on the Trading Post Blacklist

3. If you had done some research on him you would release he was giving you a false name. He introduced himself in the Introduction thread as Kiran and told you his name was Pradeep.

There's no way anyone should be trading with a member like this, let alone buying a console from him.

I think Obaid and Karthik will be able to give you this guy's details. Keep us updated on how things go.

These guys need to be put behind bars to teach them a lesson.

peace

I hope this gets resolved but few faults of yours that need to be pointed out. You should have noticed this

1. Vamp has zero Trading Post feedback

2. Vamp is on the Trading Post Blacklist

There's no way anyone should be trading with a member like this, let alone buying a console from him.

I think Obaid and Karthik will be able to give you this guy's details. Keep us updated on how things go.

These guys need to be put behind bars to teach them a lesson.

peace

I understand. But for some reason, his profile didn't show that he was black listed when I was making the deal with him. But still, I have learnt my lesson. I hope he does too.

Sam, maybe you can have a system in place where the blacklisted member's ID shows up in a different color, just like the IDs of the Authors and Mods do.

That would be an excellent idea. I'm sure people won't miss it like I did.

Yup, that's a good idea, and easy to implement as well.

peace

also, when u blacklist someone, can u mention (with a url perhaps) why he was blacklisted?

also, when u blacklist someone, can u mention (with a url perhaps) why he was blacklisted?

+1 For that suggestion.

Or Can't you just ban him/these guys completely??

I meant the guys who pull such schemes. Defrauding people of their money is not a nice thing.

@prakhargr8: Feel for you bro. Hopefully you can get your money back. (Fingers Crossed :angel:)

@ctrl_alt_del That might work.

Would it be possible to implement some sort of SMS verification system or something? Like when you register you enter your cell phone number and you would be only allowed to create a thread in the trading post once you verify it using an automated system. That should (to some extent) take care of multiple IDs. Or is that too much work/too complicated?

@L33TWiZaRd

Thanks man. Appreciated.

Did you not speak to this guy over the phone?

I did. Infact, initially he called more than needed. Once the whole "refund" story started he only replied via text. He wouldn't take any of my calls. I got one of my friends to call him and he picked up. He talked to him once or twice and gave him the same story. Financial struggle, the whole XBOX 360 accessories being incomplete etc.

Rs. 11500

I hope it gets sorted out too..

dont worry you will get it.. Talk to karthik (scorpioguy) and obaid bhai (killzone123) They have numbers of his relatives/parents etc...The account id is of his cousin probably..just call them and talk to them and tell them that you will take police action..

Archived