Guitar hero 5: Out September

gh5logo.jpg

Activision have unveiled a new website for Guitar Hero 5, in the process confirming not only that the game is returning to a numbered title, but that it has a ballsy new release date.

And that date is September 1. Cocky! You may have heard, a certain other music title is due out in early September. One that features the Beatles.

Something tells me that the market isn't big enough for both those games. Retail shelves probably aren't, either. We've got ourselves a plastic instrument showdown here, folks, and my money's on the one starring the most popular band of all time.

Those that are still planning on picking up the fifth title in the series, know that the lineup of confirmed artists appearing in the game now includes:

The Rolling Stones

The White Stripes

Kings of Leon

Tom Petty

Bob Dylan

Johnny Cash

Santana

Vampire Weekend

Beastie Boys

Coldplay

Duran Duran

Gorillaz

Jimmy Eat World

Muse

The Raconteurs

Link: http://kotaku.com/5270976/guitar-hero-5-da...ut-in-september

gh5.jpg

Determined to deliver more than just another band game sequel, Neversoft gives Guitar Hero 5 a brand new look, innovative new features, and introduces more than 25 new artists to the rhythm game genre.

More than 25 new artists means that we'll find at least 26 songs we've never played before included on the disc for Guitar Hero 5, which will feature master tracks from 85 of the "hottest bands of today and the biggest classic acts". Such distinctions are of course open to opinion, but Activision lists Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, Santana, Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, and Bob Dylan. All of those, plus you'll be able to import all of your Guitar Hero World Tour tracks, because if you couldn't there would be a riot.

Most of those names we already heard in Crecente's story on Friday, which also discussed the ability to play any combination of instruments, the drop-in play, and the new Rockfest multiplayer mode.

Other new features include a new Guitar Hero Music Studio revamped for accessibility; Band Moments, in which groups are rewarded for performing special note groups together; and song challenges, which task players to perform songs in certain ways.

As for the new art style, I can't say much for it with only two screenshots to go by. Judging from the screen at the top of this post, however, I'd say it's certainly a nice deviation from what we've already seen.

gh52.jpg

Archived