Gaming PCs

AtheK

@Alpha,

Bought it. So pre-installed fans are enough to maintain a good airflow? If yes, then :) or should I buy one (or more) extra 120mm fan(s) like this one- http://www.amazon.in/Circle-Quality-Cabinet-Cooling-Connector/dp/B01H8V9NR4/ref=lp_1375349031_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1481619841&sr=1-3

Edited by kaka_messi

@Alpha,

Bought it. So pre-installed fans are enough to maintain a good airflow? If yes, then :) or should I buy one (or more) extra 120mm fan(s) like this one- http://www.amazon.in/Circle-Quality-Cabinet-Cooling-Connector/dp/B01H8V9NR4/ref=lp_1375349031_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1481619841&sr=1-3

No, pre installed fans are not enough to maintain good flow. Fans linked above are not good. Look for either cooler master, Corsair, nzxt or noctua. When buying fans you have to look for other things too, however, at the moment I don't think it's necessary to buy. Run your system, check your CPU temps. They should be around 45C or less then it's ok else by a couple. Edited by Nr.Draca47

@Alpha,

Plz don't buy circle. They are very loud and doesn't have good airflow. Either buy corsair or the new nzxt v2 or cooler master silencio. Lastly if you have moolah go for ultimate best noctua

Can you tell us the in built fans that came with your case ?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Edited by HotSonix

@Alpha,

Naah! Do not go for Circle, stick with Corsair AF series or Cooler Master MasterFan Air Flow edition fans.

Noctua is super expensive but worth it.

Thanks guys. I will first check the temperature of my pc with these pre-installed fans (waiting for my case to arrive). I do not expect it to cross 45 degree C. If it does, then I will ask you guys to hold my hand ( :P) and tell me which fan to buy. It can't be super expensive.

Edit-

Another question- should I buy (if I buy) one or two...?

Edited by kaka_messi

Antec GX900 is your best bet.

Anything else is just not worth it and definitely put your money on this rather than on some other chassis with funky lighting at this price point.

Dear pros,

Kindly suggest me a good budget gaming desktop configuration at around 30 - 35k.

- excluding monitor

Whether 1080p gaming possible in this budget? And what fps will i get in high end games like gta5 in high / very high settings?

(I want this system with the possibility of upgrading it to a solid system which helps me provide 1080p gaming with >60fps in all the games in the future in ultra high settings)

P.S: very sorry if my question is inappropriate. I don't ve much knowledge in this field as i ve always been a console gamer.

Note:

- Can get parts from Chennai Ritchie street

- Usage is gaming and multi tasking

Edited by Thalafan

Dear pros,

Kindly suggest me a good budget gaming desktop configuration at around 30 - 35k.

- excluding monitor

Whether 1080p gaming possible in this budget? And what fps will i get in high end games like gta5 in high / very high settings?

A gaming PC, even a budget build will not be possible under the current circumstances and the budget you have set aside.

I would suggest you save up some more and try in 2017. Cheers!

AMD BACK WITH RYZEN!!!

I hope, for their sake.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I hope I am not repeating a question. I am considering buying a gaming laptop instead of assembling a gaming pc from scratch.

The reason is so that I can save on space.

I needed some advice on whether or not this is a good idea. My budget is around 60k.

I am not planning to purchase a monitor.

Moreover, I am not an avid FPS player. But I love games such as tomb raider, arkham asylum, indies and platformers. Light steam gaming for fun. Need the system to watch content on TV and play games on the same.

Looking forwards to some devil's advocates!

Btw, how's leeco TV 55Inch?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Guys,

I hope I am not repeating a question. I am considering buying a gaming laptop instead of assembling a gaming pc from scratch.

I needed some advice on whether or not this is a good idea. My budget is around 60k.

How much space do you have because ~60,000/- is definitely not suffice for a decent laptop for gaming purpose.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Moreover, I am not an avid FPS player. But I love games such as tomb raider, arkham asylum, indies and platformers. Light steam gaming for fun. Need the system to watch content on TV and play games on the same.

Looking forwards to some devil's advocates!

Btw, how's leeco TV 55Inch?

Cheers,

Ben

I'll speak for leeco being an owner myself.

At the price the value is unbeatable. Having said that the product is flawed enough to make you choose a reputed brand, major ones being build quality and after sales. If you are willing to compromise and maybe look at upgrading when 4K hits maintream (like me) get it.

• Like 1

60000 won't get you a gaming laptop capable of running any newer games. Better to go with a pc or perhaps a console.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Hey true that, I agree.. Might invest in a PS4 in future. Currently have the PS3..

Does that change the opinion. [emoji28]

How much space do you have because ~60,000/- is definitely not suffice for a decent laptop for gaming purpose.

I really don't want to bulk up my room. I guess I just have enough for a chair in there [emoji29]

In the sense, I cannot put a decent computer table, no matter how small.. I was interested in mini itx. But I don't have enough information of how upgradeable they are from the GPU point of view etc...

I do have a PS3. Will invest in a PS4. But I am not too keen on expensive games.. looking forward to games with Max content such as last of us, Drake's trilogy, umvc3, Tekken etc.

Open to advice wrt mini micro comps.. thanks [emoji52]

I really don't want to bulk up my room. I guess I just have enough for a chair in there [emoji29]

In the sense, I cannot put a decent computer table, no matter how small.. I was interested in mini itx. But I don't have enough information of how upgradeable they are from the GPU point of view etc...

I do have a PS3. Will invest in a PS4. But I am not too keen on expensive games.. looking forward to games with Max content such as last of us, Drake's trilogy, umvc3, Tekken etc.

Open to advice wrt mini micro comps.. thanks [emoji52]

I'll speak for leeco being an owner myself.

At the price the value is unbeatable. Having said that the product is flawed enough to make you choose a reputed brand, major ones being build quality and after sales. If you are willing to compromise and maybe look at upgrading when 4K hits maintream (like me) get it.

Hey bro, thanks.. how bad was the after sales.. where are you put up? I am at Bangalore so am being a little optimistic.. should I be worried?!?

Do you use the TV with consoles. I am planning to hook up my PS3 and sometimes comp.. hence the question about a portable gaming pc/laptop [emoji16]

Hey bro, thanks.. how bad was the after sales.. where are you put up? I am at Bangalore so am being a little optimistic.. should I be worried?!?

Do you use the TV with consoles. I am planning to hook up my PS3 and sometimes comp.. hence the question about a portable gaming pc/laptop [emoji16]

I am from Bangalore too. I had this thing where the TV will not display at 4K 60hz from my rx 470. Their CC doesnt even understand the issue and just hangs up, tried calling 5 times for 2 days each time same treatment. Then all the news of 85% layoffs and other things started to make sense.

So its a lot on Luck here, a gamble worth taking. But it will have its consequences.

PS: I desperately needed a phone upgrade but got this instead. cheaper than an iphone 7 :P

I still am thinking of buying the Leeco TV. I would also buy a smaller TV (~ 32") for the bed room. Mostly would connect the PS3 and PS4.

So here goes, I am digressing. WRT TV, can anybody suggest what's good as a budget gaming TV.

Secondly and more importantly, I am now having second thoughts about the laptop after reading the suggestions above. Given the budget between 45-60K, whats a good computer to build which

• Has small form factor
  • Is portable. AS IN I must be able to remove and plug it in to my TV

I am not an avid gamer but I would love to play some big titles on the PC once in a while. So what options do I have.

I could probably invest in an external graphics card in the future. Aargh :O:O:wallbash::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I could probably invest in an external graphics card in the future. Aargh :O:O:wallbash::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

That will cost more than the cost of building a half-decent µATX build right now. What kinds of games do you want to play on the PC?

That will cost more than the cost of building a half-decent µATX build right now. What kinds of games do you want to play on the PC?

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Tomb raider

Injustice

Moral Kombat

Shadow of Mordor

Indies and platformers mostly

Guacamelee

Ori and the blind forest

Transistor

Etc...

So yes, the external GPU was over kill..

I guess I need something that is future safe yet affordable..

Moderate gaming..

And you are based out of Bangalore?

How many years do you plan to keep this PC and would you be open to upgrades down the line (like adding RAM or a hard-drive)?