Gaming PCs

AtheK

^ Absolutely not advisable IMHO. eGPU cases cost unreasonably high. And they do not give desired performance bump.  

On Technical terms Thunderbolt-3 (5 Gbps) is 3 times slower than PCIe Gen 3.0 x16 slot (16Gbps). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will AMD cards ever see a drop in price soon? The RX 470 4GB costs a ridiculous 26k on md. Same price as the GTX 1060 6GB. Who's going to choose the RX570 over the GTX1060? : facepalm: AMD India :(

Edited by SonicDave

On 01/07/2018 at 11:23 PM, SonicDave said:

Will AMD cards ever see a drop in price soon? The RX 470 4GB costs a ridiculous 26k on md. Same price as the GTX 1060 6GB. Who's going to choose the RX570 over the GTX1060? : facepalm: AMD India :(

It's even worse considering nVidia is selling the 1070ti for 37k on their site.

• 1 year later...

My cousin is looking to build a PC, and I'm gonna help him out. 

Budget: 45-50k

If somebody can take the time, or has a perfect config in mind already please list out the parts, thank you!

Also he's in for the looks too, like RGB and GPU backplates and stuff so pls keep that in mind.

I've a Build in mind for medium to high gaming. Never ultra or very high.

Ryzen 5 1600 - 11k

Ram 8GB 3000mhz - 4k / Need to upgrade with the same 8GB later.

Cabinet - 3.5k

MB H310M - 5k / Need some expert adivce from you guys on this one.

PSU. Nothing have in mind right now but looking at the 550 ones they are around 3.5k

SSD 240GB - 2.5k / I have a laptop with 2tb storage so don't need HDD as of now.

GPU RX570 - 12k / Not sure on this one though, If any of you guys are using it please let me know if it's worth it.

Total - 42k / Might save 3 to 5k if bought from local shop.

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dracula said:

I've a Build in mind for medium to high gaming. Never ultra or very high.

Ryzen 5 1600 - 11k

Ram 8GB 3000mhz - 4k / Need to upgrade with the same 8GB later.

Cabinet - 3.5k

MB H310M - 5k / Need some expert adivce from you guys on this one.

PSU. Nothing have in mind right now but looking at the 550 ones they are around 3.5k

SSD 240GB - 2.5k / I have a laptop with 2tb storage so don't need HDD as of now.

GPU RX570 - 12k / Not sure on this one though, If any of you guys are using it please let me know if it's worth it.

Total - 42k / Might save 3 to 5k if bought from local shop.

Thanks

My friend uses the RX570. I've played on his rig a couple times, pretty sweet. 

He also likes it well enough, tho he mostly plays Apex Legends, Rainbox Six Siege, Witcher 3 and works great!

I too pretty much finalized the card after researching for my Build.

All I care for are some online games like R6S and GTA'O on medium to high but my only concern is the GPU'S Thermals.

Let me know what you think about the CPU and MB I mentioned and if you have any recommendation for PSU and Cabinet please mention it too.

My friend uses the RX570. I've played on his rig a couple times, pretty sweet. 
He also likes it well enough, tho he mostly plays Apex Legends, Rainbox Six Siege, Witcher 3 and works great!

10 hours ago, Dracula said:

All I care for are some online games like R6S and GTA'O on medium to high but my only concern is the GPU'S Thermals.

Let me know what you think about the CPU and MB I mentioned and if you have any recommendation for PSU and Cabinet please mention it too.

I have RX 570 and I play GTA online on most settings at high.. Its around 50-60FPS in online, you get 60 consistently in story mode.. Some areas in online where there are more players could go as low as 40FPS but not below that.. Being able to play the game with all its beauty is another level feel..

I have the Asus RX570..

But why not consider 1060 or 1660.. They are really good ones and 6GB VRAM helps with future gaming as well.. They are all under 20k now..

• Like 1

It's has to be price difference. I mean the RX570 is a lot cheaper than the 1660Ti. That card doesn't go for less than 23k.
The RX570 should be able to handle Six Siege and GTA online so is it still worth putting in the extra cash for the better GPU?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Go for the Corsair Carbide- SPEC O5.
Good looking case with a clear side panel and currently going for 3.6k on Amazon so should fit in your budget.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

I looked it up and yep it's looking nice for the price they are asking for it, thanks for recommending.

2 hours ago, funnyadit said:

I have RX 570 and I play GTA online on most settings at high.. Its around 50-60FPS in online, you get 60 consistently in story mode.. Some areas in online where there are more players could go as low as 40FPS but not below that.. Being able to play the game with all its beauty is another level feel..

I have the Asus RX570..

But why not consider 1060 or 1660.. They are really good ones and 6GB VRAM helps with future gaming as well.. They are all under 20k now..

I think that some areas itself are the problem for fps dropping not the player count, I could be wrong though.

And I did consider both 1060 and 1660 over RX570 but like Chirag said the 1660 is too pricey for the gamer like me who's only gonna play game on medium to high so is it really worth it?

I'll see If I can get the better deal on 1060 6GB though.

BTW how's the RX570 thermals, any issues?

52 minutes ago, Dracula said:

I looked it up and yep it's looking nice for the price they are asking for it, thanks for recommending.

I think that some areas itself are the problem for fps dropping not the player count, I could be wrong though.

And I did consider both 1060 and 1660 over RX570 but like Chirag said the 1660 is too pricey for the gamer like me who's only gonna play game on medium to high so is it really worth it?

Yeah see if you can get the 1060 on a deal, otherwise go with the RX570.

And yes, go for the Corsair SPEC-05 case, its quite fine.

I also recommend getting a couple RGB fans to spice up the build. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dracula said:

Why not spend just a bit extra and go for the B350? The Asus Strix ones look great too :)

Why not spend just a bit extra and go for the B350? The Asus Strix ones look great too [emoji4]

Asus strix one is 15k right?

And the prime one is 6-7k. Like I said earlier I really need an expert advice on the MB. I don't really know the difference between 310 and 350.

2 hours ago, Dracula said:

Some area like the road near vinewood where the NPCs are dressed and aliens and the likes has slight hit on FPS... But players online nearby you definitely get a hit at FPS.. I play GTA online on regular basis..

So far the GPU has been really good..

Yeah check that out, if you could get 1060 6GB around 15k or so you are in for a good deal as 570 is compared with 1060 3GB mostly..

Some area like the road near vinewood where the NPCs are dressed and aliens and the likes has slight hit on FPS... But players online nearby you definitely get a hit at FPS.. I play GTA online on regular basis..

So far the GPU has been really good..

Yeah check that out, if you could get 1060 6GB around 15k or so you are in for a good deal as 570 is compared with 1060 3GB mostly..
Yea man some areas near cheapest office really tanks the fps like 60fps to 48fps when you go driving near it.

Is the RX570 really compares with 1060 3gb one? That's too bad I suppose.

16 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Yea man some areas near cheapest office really tanks the fps like 60fps to 48fps when you go driving near it.

Is the RX570 really compares with 1060 3gb one? That's too bad I suppose.

The 1060 6GB is the better choice, but costs more.

The B350 boards are quite popular with the Ryzen builds..... 

5 hours ago, Dracula said:

Thanks Chirag. I'll look for better deal on 1060 than and maybe wait a little for it.

What city are you from? If youre from Delhi I can recommend a couple place if you wanna save some cash....