Gaming PCs

AtheK

I planned on purchasing a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 black to go with my Ryzen 3600 + 2070 Super build (CM NR 600 case). However, it's not available and the guys at the store asked me if I want to go with a CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 120 Lite. I am not that keen on a an entry level water cooler since it runs the risk of leakage. 

Does a 3600 really need an aftermarket cooler? I don't plan to overclock in the near future. If it's good to go for one, I'll probably buy one from MDComputers/PrimeAbgb and install it.

I'm from Rishikesh basically but yeah I am thinking of visiting Nehru Place in Delhi sometime in a month or two.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's fine. I've been buying tech stuff from Nehru Place since I was 10, tho you'll need to put in about a whole day if you plan on picking up all the parts in one go. Do check Amazon prices before you go, just in case. Also dealers might be willing to drop a couple Grand further if you get like the Mobo+CPU+RAM combo from the same shop and you get the idea...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Yeah that what I was thinking too, give a hour or two for inquiring for prices than pick MB, CPU, RAM, PSU etc from a single place at least. Might get some discounts that way.

What about online sites like MD computers and prime abgb, are they not trustable? They are offering some of the cheapest price on CPU and MB.

Yeah that's fine. I've been buying tech stuff from Nehru Place since I was 10, tho you'll need to put in about a whole day if you plan on picking up all the parts in one go. Do check Amazon prices before you go, just in case. Also dealers might be willing to drop a couple Grand further if you get like the Mobo+CPU+RAM combo from the same shop and you get the idea...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I just got my gaming PC with Ryzen 5 3600. As of now, I am using the stock Prism Stealth cooler. I see idle temperatures (nothing running except Ryzen Master) hovering around the 45-50C mark. Is this normal? I have one intake at the front and an exhaust at the rear of my CoolerMaster NR600 case.

I want to get a better cooler (Hyper 212 black, maybe) but not sure if it's going to be needed for the Ryzen 3600. Any suggestions? Getting back to PC gaming after a long time, so a little bit paranoid.

Edited by l33tmaniac

2 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I just got my gaming PC with Ryzen 5 3600. As of now, I am using the stock Prism Stealth cooler. I see idle temperatures (nothing running except Ryzen Master) hovering around the 45-50C mark. Is this normal? I have one intake at the front and an exhaust at the rear of my CoolerMaster NR600 case.

I want to get a better cooler (Hyper 212 black, maybe) but not sure if it's going to be needed for the Ryzen 3600. Any suggestions? Getting back to PC gaming after a long time, so a little bit paranoid.

Congrats, good selection of components.

There are minor voltage issues currently, should be solved with bios and windows updates, follow amd reddit. If the voltage issues are fixed you wouldn't need after market cooler unless you are overclocking, the single core boost 4.2 should be equivalent to intel 4.6 GHz anyways. For cooler this one should be alright Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo CPU.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, l33tmaniac said:

As per people's experience on reddit, turning on the "amd cool n quiet" mode in the BIOS seems to be helping with idle voltages & temperatures..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Is buying from PrimeABGB safe? i bought from them in 2015 on CoD and it was all well back then, but lately i've been hearing bad things about them

Ordered GPU from MD computers and was packed and delivered well.. Maybe you could try them, dont know about PrimeABGB..

• 6 months later...

Guys, need your urgent help with the following gaming rig setup,

CPU : Core i5-9600k upto 4.60 Ghz
CPU-Cooler : CM - Master 120 Lite RGB
Motherboard : Gigabyte - Z390 UD
Graphics-Card : RTX2070 Super - GALAX EX 8GB
SSD : Gigabyte - 256 GB M.2
HDD : Seagate - Barracuda 1TB
RAM : 16x1 - Corsair Veng 16 GB 3000
SMPS : Corsair - CX 650
Case : Corsair - 175R

My friend is planning to sell his gaming rig above bought in Sep 2019. No monitor included.

Firstly, how good is the above config, for current/upcoming gen games. I want to be able to play games like RDR 2, Forza Horizon 4, Metro Exodus etc. on high settings. 

Secondly, what would be a good price to pay for this config. If possible, please provide break up of cost of components as per current prices.

Finally, what would be a good VFM monitor to get for the above rig.

Does it make sense to buy the above rig or get a new rig with new components. Please suggest..

Edited by amigoatul

On 5/15/2020 at 10:06 AM, amigoatul said:

Finally, what would be a good VFM monitor to get for the above rig.

cant speak for pricing of the rig but you should be able to push 144Hz at 1440p on well optimized games. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, amigoatul said:

Does it make sense to buy the above rig or get a new rig with new components. Please suggest..

Checking online and totalling the price could help, or you could call a store that does gaming rigs and ask them for a quote on a system with same/similar specifications?

If it was me, I'd pick a 4K ultrawide monitor with good color accuracy, and not prioritize on a monitor with 240 Hz refresh rate or something (unless you want that)

• Like 1

240Hz will always be an overkill unless if you want to play competitive FPS games like CS GO, Overwatch, Siege. On the other hand, the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz is significant that you can notice it when playing SP games and even competitive ladder.