Gaming PCs

AtheK

On 12/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, Ne0 said:

Ultra wide 4k is way too expensive currently.  How is Ultra wide wfhd ?

I have used both. If you have hardware to make use of 3440x1440, go for it; else try 2560x1080. 

Ultrawide is just too nice for multi-tasking, work, gaming, movies. The experience is too good.

However, the downside is streaming have black bars on side since they are all 16:9. Netflix/Youtube for example all have bars. Took me a while to get used to and now I can't look at 16:9. ?

50 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Are there enough 1440p/144hz/1ms ultra wide monitors available? Seems like quite a niche

Ultrawide still a niche and probably will stay that way as 4K (16:9) is going to standard.

Personally I can't go back to 16:9. 3440x1440 144hz is quite expensive but available. You can check ACER Nitro/LG/Alienware (DELL).  Am currently using LG for last 4-5 years. Great experience. 

Be careful when picking up ultrawides, though. Screens are measured diagonally, and a 25" UW (as an example) will likely look smaller than a 16:9 25" because of the lower vertical height. And you ideally want to go 1440p or 4K for the best experience, but they're milking you when you hit those resolutions. It's a niche, like @Joe Cool says.

Guys, is it better to go for 2k/144hz or 4k/60hz monitor ? I'm tilting towards 2k/monitor as 144hz would be awesome experience for gaming especially with pc, and can anyway get 4k/60hz even with a regular UHD TV at same cost and bigger size as compared to a 4k monitor.  What do you guys think ?

Edited by Ne0

8 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Guys, is it better to go for 2k/144hz or 4k/60hz monitor ? I'm tilting towards 2k/monitor as 144hz would be awesome experience for gaming especially with pc, and can anyway get 4k/60hz even with a regular UHD TV at same cost and bigger size as compared to a 4k monitor.  What do you guys think ?

2K 144Hz over 4K 60Hz.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have been out of the game for far too long so please pardon for any noob questions. Coming from an i7 3610QM laptop of 2012 which is counting its final days, so need help in building a PC.

Usage will be programming/coding, streaming, gaming, image/video editing etc.

Confused between i7 10700 and i9 10900, since I won't be upgrading CPU in the near future, thinking to go for 10900 and be done with. Is it worth getting over 10700? Won't be overclocking. (How is the AMD scene? Heard prices are exorbitant?)

Won;t be getting a GPU now, will wait for stocks and prices to stabilize but will start with atleast a 3080/3080Ti.

A motherboard, which could support a GPU upgrade in the future (after 4/5 years? or one can't say whether the MB could support the future GPUs?)

Please suggest CPU cooler, case, PSU power etc. as well, budget is 1.6 to 1.8L (cheaper the better)

Thanks.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

5 hours ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

Guys, I have been out of the game for far too long so please pardon for any noob questions. Coming from an i7 3610QM laptop of 2012 which is counting its final days, so need help in building a PC.

Usage will be programming/coding, streaming, gaming, image/video editing etc.

Confused between i7 10700 and i9 10900, since I won't be upgrading CPU in the near future, thinking to go for 10900 and be done with. Is it worth getting over 10700? Won't be overclocking. (How is the AMD scene? Heard prices are exorbitant?)

Won;t be getting a GPU now, will wait for stocks and prices to stabilize but will start with atleast a 3080/3080Ti.

A motherboard, which could support a GPU upgrade in the future (after 4/5 years? or one can't say whether the MB could support the future GPUs?)

Please suggest CPU cooler, case, PSU power etc. as well, budget is 1.6 to 1.8L (cheaper the better)

Thanks.

The difference is 2C/4T and nothing else. For now 8C is more than enough. Both will have good life. 

We don't know when games will use 10 cores. If spending extra isn't an issue, go with i9; else just get i7.

Any (modern) motherboard will support GPUs for decade. Even old boards support them. You just need PCIe slot and good to go. 

Since you are getting high end CPU, don't cheap out on motherboard. Get a good quality one from Gigabyte / ASUS. 

Cooler - Lian Li Galahad 240/360. Am using 360. Artic and EK AIO are also solid choices. 

Case - totally up to you. I suggest Lian Li o11 dynamic. If you don't like, you can check Lancool Mesh / Phanteks P300/P400/P500. 

PSU - 750W should be fine.

Intel will be announcing their new CPUs soon. You can wait for it if you want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Joe! I think 10900 should be enough, but I am not in a hurry so might wait for the price drop of current gen with the announce of next gen?

Also, does liquid coolers require some serious maintenance? As it would be my first time building a pc, so kinda concerned.

Thanks.

Edited by WhoCantBeNamed

29 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

It was for a month or so now.

But all this time price was 19k something.

Hopefully it reaches 16k again :fear:

8 hours ago, WhoCantBeNamed said:

@Joe Cool How many fans are you using in your O11 apart from the AIO?

3x Uni fans on side and 3x from AIO on top. 

7 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Enough to start an onlyfans account.

?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2021 at 6:19 AM, Cryptic_8 said:
On 2/20/2021 at 11:24 PM, goDofWar_skr said:

Usage?

Priority usage is gaming

What all are you looking for within the 60k budget?

Does it include monitor, keyboard, mouse? Or are you looking at only the tower?

And also, what kind of games? Competitive multi-player/single player etc?

• Like 1

What all are you looking for within the 60k budget?

Does it include monitor, keyboard, mouse? Or are you looking at only the tower?

And also, what kind of games? Competitive multi-player/single player etc?
The tower's budget is 60k excluding the peripherals

I usually play eSports and AAA titles sometimes

56 minutes ago, Cryptic_8 said:

The tower's budget is 60k excluding the peripherals

I usually play eSports and AAA titles sometimes

This is a rough 1080p build that I put together. I am by no means an expert. There are tons of folks in the forum who may be able to give better suggestions but I think this should honestly be fine. All of these are online prices (mostly from Primeabgb). You should get items for cheaper offline. 

Ryzen 3300x - 12,999
ASRock B550 Pro4 - 9650
GSkill Ripjaws - 6400
Zotac 1660 Super Amp - 22000
Kingston A2000 500GB SSD - 5650
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD - 4500
Antec EAG 650W Pro - 6800
Case - As per choice 5k

This roughly costs ~70k. Just a couple of pointers:

- Cut down on the HDD if you don't need it now. 

- The availability of 3300x may be a concern. Also see if you can find a Ryzen 2600 at a similar price point.

- As far as Intel is concerned, you can get an i3 10100 for a similar price, but the budget Intel motherboards are not future proof from  what I know.

- If you want to upgrade in the near future, the B550 board, the PSU and the SSD will hold good. 

• Like 1