@alpha17

any changes required

Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7400 3.00 GHz Processor
Rs. 14420
Gigabyte B250M-DS3H 7th Gen Intel Motherboard
Rs. 6965
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC 01 Blue LED Mid Tower Gaming Cabinet CC-9011056-WW
₹2,999
Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 Mini 6GB GDDR5 Graphic Card (ZT-P10600A-10L)
Rs. 20750
Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500W Power Supply (MPX-5001-ACABW-UK)
Rs. 3435
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400 mhz Memory CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R
₹4,499
Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA Internal Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)
Rs. 3565
Cooler Master Hyper 103 Fan - RR-H103-22PB-R1
Rs.1,699
Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive
Rs. 3595

Guys, quick question - how much would a good gaming PC (without monitor/kb/mouse & speakers) cost now ? I mean, I should be able to play most games with most of the bells/whistles on atleast in Full HD ! Oh, and it needs to be future proof (should hold well for at-least another 4-5 years).

Also, any way to hook up the TV in the living room to the PC in another room ? Something like chromecast available for streaming games ?

Edited by Ne0

^ I would say around ~80,000/- depending on how much eye-candy you want to give up on after the first two years of the PC's life.

STEAM Link is your answer and no it is not officially available in India.

^ I would say around ~80,000/- depending on how much eye-candy you want to give up on after the first two years of the PC's life.

STEAM Link is your answer and no it is not officially available in India.

Thanks. 80k is a little too steep. What's the best configuration can I get with Rs 50,000/- ? Again, like I said , my monitor's max resolution is 1080p and I won't be using fancy features like HDR and 4K for another couple of years at-least.

EDIT: Also, I've a cooler master mid tower cabinet currently, would prefer to reuse that (it might reduce the costs a little , giving more room for proc/gfx card ?)

Edited by Ne0

Thanks. 80k is a little too steep. What's the best configuration can I get with Rs 50,000/- ? Again, like I said , my monitor's max resolution is 1080p and I won't be using fancy features like HDR and 4K for another couple of years at-least.

EDIT: Also, I've a cooler master mid tower cabinet currently, would prefer to reuse that (it might reduce the costs a little , giving more room for proc/gfx card ?)

Can you share a picture of the chassis?

It might free up a decent chunk of the budget for other components but again I am assuming you will be going for a GTX 1060 or equivalent graphic card coupled with a Ryzen 5 chip which will come up to ~40,000/- which leaves very little for the RAM and PSU and maybe an SSD/hard drive.

Can you share a picture of the chassis?

It might free up a decent chunk of the budget for other components but again I am assuming you will be going for a GTX 1060 or equivalent graphic card coupled with a Ryzen 5 chip which will come up to ~40,000/- which leaves very little for the RAM and PSU and maybe an SSD/hard drive.

Here're the pics of the cabinet, do you want me to take the photos of internals ? I've forgotten the model name though. I don't have any preference for gfx card or proc as I don't follow much about them these days. So open to recommendations :D

jil18j.jpg

Edited by Ne0

For 40 k budget and the intention to play games I think you should go with the latest pentium proc that has hyperthreading . Otherwise it's impossible to do it with a 1060 @40k

Cpu 4.5k

Gpu 20k

Ram 3k

Hdd 3k

Psu 5k

Mobo 5k

Total 40 -42k

For 50k you can swap the pentium with a core i5

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Edited by HotSonix

For 40 k budget and the intention to play games I think you should go with the latest pentium proc that has hyperthreading . Otherwise it's impossible to do it with a 1060 @40k

Cpu 4.5k

Gpu 20k

Ram 3k

Hdd 3k

Psu 5k

Mobo 5k

Total 40 -42k

For 50k you can swap the pentium with a core i5

Can you give me more details like brand / model etc of the components you've listed above ?

Here're the pics of the cabinet, do you want me to take the photos of internals ? I've forgotten the model name though. I don't have any preference for gfx card or proc as I don't follow much about them these days. So open to recommendations :D

As long as you can live with no USB 3.0 ports up front, I can suggest you the following build,

AMD Ryzen R5 1600

GIGABYTE AB350M-D3H

Kingston / Corsair 4 GB x2 2666MHz RAM (Ryzen CPU's scale beautifully with higher speed memory, if you can clock these sticks to ~3000MHz stable, you will get a good ~5% -->10% performance boost)

ZOTAC! AMP! Extreme GTX1060 6GB

Seasonic M12II 520W

Kingston UV400 or SAMSUNG 750 EVO 240GB SSD

[rest I think you already have]

All this should sit around ~55,000/- and no lesser.

Ram 3k

Let me tell you that RAM is no longer this cheap, neither do I recommend an Intel Pentium based system if he wants to run it for the next five years pushing games at HIGH settings.

Edited by ALPHA17

As long as you can live with no USB 3.0 ports up front, I can suggest you the following build,

AMD Ryzen R5 1600

GIGABYTE AB350M-D3H

Kingston / Corsair 4 GB x2 2666MHz RAM (Ryzen CPU's scale beautifully with higher speed memory, if you can clock these sticks to ~3000MHz stable, you will get a good ~5% -->10% performance boost)

ZOTAC! AMP! Extreme GTX1060 6GB

Seasonic M12II 520W

Kingston UV400 or SAMSUNG 750 EVO 240GB SSD

[rest I think you already have]

All this should sit around ~55,000/- and no lesser.

Let me tell you that RAM is no longer this cheap, neither do I recommend an Intel Pentium based system if he wants to run it for the next five years pushing games at HIGH settings.

Yeah I was looking at the prices and am shocked its like a 50% hike in just 5 months.I brought a 8gb for the price less than a 4gb one these days

@neo if you still want a intel here it is

Core i5 7500 - 14.5k

Asus b250 -6.5k

Zotac 1060 6gb -21k

Samsung Evo - 3.5k(120gb)

Ram - 5k (Kingston 4X4)

Psu Seasonic -5k

total 55k

Thanks guys, is the SSD like mandatory for good gaming performance ? I already have 500gb hdd, will that not suffice ?

Also I currently have vx450w power supply. Can I reuse that ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Edited by Ne0

Thanks guys, is the SSD like mandatory for good gaming performance ? I already have 500gb hdd, will that not suffice ?

Also I currently have vx450w power supply. Can I reuse that ?

The SSD will only boost the applications installed on it, so maximum Windows plus maybe one or two odd programs and games. For your query on the hard drive, how many PlayStation 4 games fit on a 500 GB drive these days?

The VX450W is a good PSU but also old in the tooth, that is why suggested you get a new PSU simply because I do not think it can take the stresses of a brand new system any more.

Also get rid of that vx series asap

The VX is good stuff, unlike the recent VS you are confusing it with but yes also at least five years old thus needs to be replaced.

RAM prices have gone up thanks to smartphones and other smart devices. So yeah, that is why I flat out refused a build under ~50,000/-.

You can go for the nzxt s340 elite .Much better looking than the S340 and has a front vr port (hdmi)

psu if possible change to corsair rmx 550 or 650

if you are into lightning and stuff check Nzxt hue+

or if going cheap check deepcool rgb strips

This will last you like 2-3 years

Thanks Hotsonix. I am not into fancy lightning or other decors.

This is a pre-built system sold as-is. I have to enquire if they allow to swap parts for extra price or refund the difference.

or what I can do is buy these parts separately and get it assembled from them.

So, apart from PSU and case, do you think this system is good to go?

There are other options as well but I am not well versed with hardware, if you or someone else have time to look at, please help select a good pc https://www.pccasegear.com/category/1411/systems

Edited by Django_3101

OK but I need to know what's your budget

Also just buy the parts and assemble them yourself . It's not that hard and once you watch 2 3 videos from pc part picker you are rock solid

You will be saving a lot of money

Edited by HotSonix