Gaming PCs

AtheK

7 hours ago, varundbest said:

I'm thinking of Upgrading my machine a little with minimum spending, what are the options that i have?

Target :- (1080p)

An honorable 45+ FPS on High and a steady 60 FPS on going a little lower than high on games for an year or two.

Other than gaming or entertainment i dont use this PC anymore.

Pick up a GTX1060 or GTX1070 and you are good to go. =D 

5 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Pick up a GTX1060 or GTX1070 and you are good to go. =D 

I'm getting an R9 290x at 16k (Used) and brand new 1080 Ti at ~45k, other than that the prices for GFX cards seems a lot inflated on amazon right now.

Like :-

http://www.amazon.in/Diamond-Multimedia-Memory-Graphics-R9390XD58G/dp/B013XFJLCQ/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499852253&sr=1-10&keywords=amd+r9

http://www.amazon.in/Zotac-GTX1070-AMP-Extreme-Lightning/dp/B01GVNN9GQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499853057&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+1070

http://www.amazon.in/ASUS-GeForce-STRIX-Graphic-STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING/dp/B01HEQYQHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499853057&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx+1070

What would be the expected price for 1060/1070 in Bangalore?

Does 8GB RAM seem less for the purpose? Would you suggest slapping in a DIMM of these two along with the older ones?

http://www.amazon.in/Kingston-FURY-Memory-2x8GB-1866MHz/dp/B00J8E910Y/ref=sr_1_22?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499854190&sr=1-22&keywords=8gb+hyperx

Edited by varundbest

6 hours ago, varundbest said:

I'm getting an R9 290x at 16k (Used) and brand new 1080 Ti at ~45k, other than that the prices for GFX cards seems a lot inflated on amazon right now.

Too old the AMD offering, why are you only looking online, go to the market and pick up or buy from a dedicated PC hardware e-retailer. If you are interested in a quote for a GTX1060/GTX1070, I can offer you a couple models too. 

Expected price should be ~21,000/- for the GTX1060 and about ~38,000/- for the GTX1070. Give or take ~10% depending on demand and availability. 

RAM is expensive and DDR3 is old now, so I would not recommend buying any because it is a dead-end investment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ALPHA17 said:

Too old the AMD offering, why are you only looking online, go to the market and pick up or buy from a dedicated PC hardware e-retailer. If you are interested in a quote for a GTX1060/GTX1070, I can offer you a couple models too. 

Expected price should be ~21,000/- for the GTX1060 and about ~38,000/- for the GTX1070. Give or take ~10% depending on demand and availability. 

RAM is expensive and DDR3 is old now, so I would not recommend buying any because it is a dead-end investment.

Hey if you don't mind me asking, are you professionally into computer hardware business? If so I was looking for a new pc/laptop which would provide a decent 30+fps gaming. TBH I haven't had a PC as of yet and have always relied on laptops for gaming but this upgrade cycle i am determined to go for a pc as laptops are a nightmare to maintain/upgrade every couple of years. Would you be willing to build one or direct me to someone who can? I would be visiting Delhi come August

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Guys, suggest a 27 inch monitor. Looking to buy one. Requirement is for PS4 and PC gaming, thus needing two ports.

Lokking for something less than 20k

8 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Guys, suggest a 27 inch monitor. Looking to buy one. Requirement is for PS4 and PC gaming, thus needing two ports.

1 port will do,you should instead look for something with headphone out,so that normal pc speakers can play the audio from the hdmi

and get an hdmi splitter,those are cheap and come with like 3 to 1 hdmi ports

3 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Lokking for something less than 20k

Where are you based out of? 

You can pick up the Acer KG271VBMIIX for less than ~15,000. The monitor is based on a TN-panel so the colour accuracy is not going to be impressive but for gaming and media usage it is more than acceptable, plus the monitor can get plenty bright. Response time is fast, dual HDMI is standard, refresh rate is higher than the average 60Hz so no flicker can be detected. 

On 8/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, PhantomShade said:

1 port will do,you should instead look for something with headphone out,so that normal pc speakers can play the audio from the hdmi

and get an hdmi splitter,those are cheap and come with like 3 to 1 hdmi ports

Yeah just realized there is a 3 to 1 hdmi splitter. Will opt for it. I already have a BENQ GL2460 monitor.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:59 PM, ALPHA17 said:

Where are you based out of? 

You can pick up the Acer KG271VBMIIX for less than ~15,000. The monitor is based on a TN-panel so the colour accuracy is not going to be impressive but for gaming and media usage it is more than acceptable, plus the monitor can get plenty bright. Response time is fast, dual HDMI is standard, refresh rate is higher than the average 60Hz so no flicker can be detected. 

Based out of chennai. 

2 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Guys, Anyone in chennai know a good place to buy computer table. Need a medium to big sized table. Have failed during the previous time trying to buy one.

T.Nagar Saravana stores near the bus stand has reasonable priced table of all sizes..I got it from them...Doing its job well so far...

13 hours ago, funnyadit said:

T.Nagar Saravana stores near the bus stand has reasonable priced table of all sizes..I got it from them...Doing its job well so far...

Thanks adi. I need to keep my Ps4 and pc as well. Hope I find one there

5 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Thanks adi. I need to keep my Ps4 and pc as well. Hope I find one there

Anytime..Glad to be of some help.. Make sure to bargain a bit saying have seen prices at few more places and they are telling so and so..blah blah stuff..They might get you some sort of discount as well..

• Like 1

Guys, anybody have any idea about desktop chair, especially for gaming? I'm around 5.8" tall and need a comfortable chair for home. I will be using it for desktop/console gaming. I live in Surat, Gujarat and if anybody have any idea where I can get a good deal and variety in chairs within my area. 

The ones I found online are these: http://www.amazon.in/Urban-Ladder-Mika-Study-Chair/dp/B01N8YIA45?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=0c147dd7-1c7a-4c63-b6a1-62259e9df9d4

and

http://www.amazon.in/dp/B071CMY25X/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=733112647&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B01N8YIA45&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_r=08A7QB3R9X70E8WSE8ER

The seller of the first one doesn't ship to my location. 

The ones I'm looking for should have high-back, proper back and neck support, armrests and soft padding. 

• 2 weeks later...